03-13-2017 05:44 PM
58 123
tools
    Good for you and good luck with it. I put a Caseology case on mine and really like it.
    Yeah, in my opinion they make the best cases going. The one on my S5 protected it excellently, but the coloring began to chip off and it was becoming noticeably beat up looking. The Spigen screen protector I had on it was awesome; how awesome, you ask? After I dropped the phone the last time, I notice a series of cracks I assumed were on the actual screen; I left the protector on 'cause I figured it was the only thing holding the glass together. The other day, I pulled it off, just to see how bad the glass was. Turned out the Spigen protector had cracked, and the screen was in perfect condition! So, I had a perfectly good S5 to trade in, and Verizon gave me top dollar for it. Win-win, I'd say. So, looking for a good screen protector? The tempered glass from Spigen gets my vote; too bad the one they make for the S7 Edge gets such poor marks. It can't be easy making one for a curved screen.
    01-14-2017 08:12 PM
    You may not have an easy time finding a glass screen protector. My sister uses the zagg glass one on hers , but when I use her phone I find it hard to press the screen. I use a HD contour by bodyguardz. It's not glass , but it works and there's no lifting (yet ) even with my OtterBox symmetry case on.
    01-14-2017 08:16 PM
    Yeah, in my opinion they make the best cases going. The one on my S5 protected it excellently, but the coloring began to chip off and it was becoming noticeably beat up looking. The Spigen screen protector I had on it was awesome; how awesome, you ask? After I dropped the phone the last time, I notice a series of cracks I assumed were on the actual screen; I left the protector on 'cause I figured it was the only thing holding the glass together. The other day, I pulled it off, just to see how bad the glass was. Turned out the Spigen protector had cracked, and the screen was in perfect condition! So, I had a perfectly good S5 to trade in, and Verizon gave me top dollar for it. Win-win, I'd say. So, looking for a good screen protector? The tempered glass from Spigen gets my vote; too bad the one they make for the S7 Edge gets such poor marks. It can't be easy making one for a curved screen.
    My spigen protector went to the garbage the same night. All 3 of them. Waste of money.

Get the armorsuit case friendly instead. It's PERFECT. been on my edge for 2 months. Still looks great.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    01-14-2017 08:27 PM
    I just wrote to Spigen's CS, asking that they get their sh#t together and build a glass screen protector for the S7 Edge that is up to the quality of the one I had on my GS5. I'm sure it's a fabrication challenge, but hell, this is the 21st century and it can't be impossible.
    01-14-2017 09:25 PM
    I bought a clear Speck Candy Shell case for mine, from Best Buy. Been very happy with it so far, a couple of months now. I don't use a screen protector. No scratches anywhere, even micro-scratches.
    01-15-2017 06:49 AM
    I just wrote to Spigen's CS, asking that they get their sh#t together and build a glass screen protector for the S7 Edge that is up to the quality of the one I had on my GS5. I'm sure it's a fabrication challenge, but hell, this is the 21st century and it can't be impossible.
    Give it up. It just cannot be done. Glass needs heat to form the curve, but heat destroys the silicon adhesive. Yet the adhesive could not be laid evenly when the glass is curved. Get it?
    01-15-2017 08:39 AM
    Impossible? Probably not. The question is, is it worth the return on investment? If they thought it was, they would make it; otherwise, not.
    01-15-2017 10:16 AM
    Time will tell. In the meantime, I opted for this model https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Leather-Protector-Vintage-Samsung/dp/B01HDTQTWI/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_img_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=09N1YZZ8CEEJSTXN5364 and so far it has worked out just fine. Strangely, as its cover protects the screen, it came with a film-type screen protector. Took a bit to get it on right, but now the phone is beautifully encased and protected. The cover stays put, either open or closed, and is genuine leather. Women now flock to me....
    Dngrsone and LineKill like this.
    03-13-2017 05:44 PM
58 123