01-24-2017 07:26 PM
72 123
tools
    I have just installed full nougat update
    The depth of detail on your good fortune is astounding. I hope it goes that well for me when its my turn.

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    01-12-2017 04:31 PM
    Last year I got the mm update on my S6 active months before it was release OTA. Someone posted a link to download it from ATT test servers.

I'm wondering if 7.xx lives on some ATT test servers somewhere....
    Morke likes this.
    01-13-2017 02:44 PM
    T-Mobile should roll out before the end of the month.
    01-14-2017 05:43 AM
    Didn't Verizon drop out of the beta? Ya'll didn't get the last two updates.
    01-14-2017 05:44 AM
    Didn't Verizon drop out of the beta? Ya'll didn't get the last two updates.
    Yes Verizon stayed on Beta 1 for the entire beta testing process which is what I am still on waiting for the final version to come through. There were actually 4 other versions of the Beta afterwards.
    01-14-2017 09:03 AM
    They have to put on all their bloatware on it and then test it.. so yea march is more likely..
    Verizon... Don't forget they also have to monkey around w removing features and changing menus to their preference rather than stock.
    msndrstood and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    01-15-2017 07:02 AM
    Verizon... Don't forget they also have to monkey around w removing features and changing menus to their preference rather than stock.
    I know.... isn't that a real crock.....?

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    French likes this.
    01-16-2017 05:51 PM
    I think the funniest thing about it all is that this happens with every single OS update EVER. You would think people would have stopped complaining about release dates and times around 10 letters or more ago. Everyone hates their phone manufacturers because every phone manufacturer is slow to release, everyone hates their carrier because they are slow too, and everyone wants to go nexus until Google is slow with their own releases. All we can do is sit back and chill. When it drops it drops.
    01-16-2017 06:17 PM
    I was in the beta for Verizon and the experience for me was smooth and essentially flawless. There is no reason to think it should take until March for them to roll out this update.
    The beta program worked till beta 5 dropped. Now I experience random reboots. I also experience a quite a bit of lag..
    01-16-2017 06:28 PM
    I just got a big update from Sprint. It's not a security patch. It mentions a lot of improvements. I just can't install it right now because the phone needs to charge since I'm at 12%. Once in a while I would check for updates. I seriously didn't think it was anything big but when I read the info I was thinking this isn't a regular update.
    01-16-2017 10:37 PM
    I just got a big update from Sprint. It's not a security patch. It mentions a lot of improvements. I just can't install it right now because the phone needs to charge since I'm at 12%. Once in a while I would check for updates. I seriously didn't think it was anything big but when I read the info I was thinking this isn't a regular update.
    I haven't been able to see any changes after installing it (G935PVPU4APL6).
    01-16-2017 10:40 PM
    The only difference I see in the official version vs the final beta is that my battery life is a good bit worse.
    01-17-2017 01:57 AM
    I think the funniest thing about it all is that this happens with every single OS update EVER. You would think people would have stopped complaining about release dates and times around 10 letters or more ago. Everyone hates their phone manufacturers because every phone manufacturer is slow to release, everyone hates their carrier because they are slow too, and everyone wants to go nexus until Google is slow with their own releases. All we can do is sit back and chill. When it drops it drops.
    Yep, it's pretty funny. The fanatics on these sites make it sound like it's the end of the world. "I am going back to Apple because I didn't get my update fast enough boo hoo hoo". 6.01 works just fine people, Nougat will drop when it drops, get a life lol.
    hoffyinaz likes this.
    01-17-2017 09:59 AM
    The only difference I see in the official version vs the final beta is that my battery life is a good bit worse.
    your battery needs to settle in with every OS update.

Clear your cache partition then do 3 full charges / discharge to 20% then back to full
    01-17-2017 10:38 AM
    your battery needs to settle in with every OS update.

Clear your cache partition then do 3 full charges / discharge to 20% then back to full
    Agree with this. Every update puts a temporary taxing on your battery until it settles.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    01-17-2017 11:59 AM
    Yes AT&T did not allow its users to get into the Beta Program. They like to have too much control over their software and Junk. So it is No telling when AT&T may release Nougat for its customers. Maybe after S8 is out to help sales of S8 for them.
    01-18-2017 08:31 AM
    Yes AT&T did not allow its users to get into the Beta Program. They like to have too much control over their software and Junk. So it is No telling when AT&T may release Nougat for its customers. Maybe after S8 is out to help sales of S8 for them.
    Thanks to the folks over at xda, you don't have to wait for the OTA as 7.0 can be pulled from their test servers. I downloaded it this afternoon, updated and on it now.
    01-19-2017 06:41 PM
    Of course they wait until right before the s8 comes out. That way more people will simply just buy the s8.
    01-19-2017 08:15 PM
    Thanks to the folks over at xda, you don't have to wait for the OTA as 7.0 can be pulled from their test servers. I downloaded it this afternoon, updated and on it now.
    Is that just for AT&T or any carrier service can use it?
    Of course they wait until right before the s8 comes out. That way more people will simply just buy the s8.
    01-19-2017 08:49 PM
    It's listed under the At&t s7 edge. I don't even think these will work on the s7 for AT&T.

Battery life is great. After the updated resolution switched to full hd instead of qhd. Still looks great.
    01-19-2017 09:38 PM
    Seeing reports now that the battery is not as good now as it was in the first betas, and of course get some saying the battery needs to settle in. The battery didn't need to settle in on the first few betas, now it does.

This is my conspiracy thinking going off. The S8 is about to drop, just as the new software is suppose to drop for the older phones. The battery seems to take a hit on all the OS updates just around the time new phones are released. You see where I'm going with this??. Person gets tired of dealing with bad battery life, they want to get a new phone since the last update screwed up my old phone. Maybe the updates are intended to ruin battery life, can't sell new phones as fast if they keep working perfect. This happens on so many updates and they seem to be close to the release of the new version phone.

I was excited for the update on the reports of the battery being better in the beta, but now with the latest beta battery reports are all of a sudden bad.. Makes me think, to convenient. I think i will just keep blocking the update now.
    hoffyinaz likes this.
    01-19-2017 09:58 PM
    Seeing reports now that the battery is not as good now as it was in the first betas, and of course get some saying the battery needs to settle in. The battery didn't need to settle in on the first few betas, now it does.

This is my conspiracy thinking going off. The S8 is about to drop, just as the new software is suppose to drop for the older phones. The battery seems to take a hit on all the OS updates just around the time new phones are released. You see where I'm going with this??. Person gets tired of dealing with bad battery life, they want to get a new phone since the last update screwed up my old phone. Maybe the updates are intended to ruin battery life, can't sell new phones as fast if they keep working perfect. This happens on so many updates and they seem to be close to the release of the new version phone.

I was excited for the update on the reports of the battery being better in the beta, but now with the latest beta battery reports are all of a sudden bad.. Makes me think, to convenient. I think i will just keep blocking the update now.
    So Google - the developer of the OS - is colluding with phone manufacturers to produce an OS that negatively impacts the battery life of current phones to drive up demand for new phones? Not likely.
    01-19-2017 10:26 PM
    That assumes regular consumers know or care about Nougat.
    01-19-2017 10:27 PM
    So Google - the developer of the OS - is colluding with phone manufacturers to produce an OS that negatively impacts the battery life of current phones to drive up demand for new phones? Not likely.
    If it was happening, we would never know. Money makes people do crazy things. I did say this is my conspiracy thinking
    01-19-2017 10:30 PM
    It's listed under the At&t s7 edge. I don't even think these will work on the s7 for AT&T.

Battery life is great. After the updated resolution switched to full hd instead of qhd. Still looks great.
    So it's been pretty stable so far ? I may try to update mine over the weekend.
    01-19-2017 10:52 PM
72 123