01-24-2017 07:26 PM
72 123
tools
    Ok, so, figured I would eventually see this coming. Typically I see a waterfall of posts about this subject, so here it goes...

After reading numerous Android and Samsung news sites, I am seeing a lot of differences in news.

For example:

• It will be 7.0 and not 7.11.
    • It was Beta tested in the US and other parts of the world, but it was "leaked" that it would be going OTA on 01/17/2017 for Europe.
    • And so on...

Too much conflicting information...

Does anyone have any reliable information on the rollout or is it pretty much a speculation and waiting game at this point?
    Morke likes this.
    01-11-2017 10:54 AM
    Since Samsung itself hasn't released anything official, nope. Everything else cannot be 'solid' since it's not coming directly from them. What we DO know is that the beta is officially over and some people HAVE received the final build on their phones, so rollout is imminent. If you're on a carrier, however, things might be different. And since most people who bought an US Unlocked Model are still waiting on the latest security updates, the OS upgrade might also take a while to reach those. Again, sorry, but nothing 'solid'.
    01-11-2017 12:24 PM
    IMHO February/March at the earliest for me since I am on Verizon, last update I have seen from VZ was 11/16/16 and I am on October 1st security patch to give you some idea how fast & up to date VZ is with updates to the s7e so getting Nougat anytime this month seems like a pipedream
    01-11-2017 01:31 PM
    You know, that is the weird part about Verizon...(happens to be my carrier as well)...Verizon states that ALL of their phones are sold "unlocked". So you'd think being on Verizon means you get the updates OTA directly from Samsung - WRONG!
    o4liberty likes this.
    01-11-2017 03:43 PM
    I would have thought after the Note fiasco Samsung would want to keep consumers onside, but the lack of info is seriously peeing me off. Surely Samsung know when they are going to start the roll out and what version is going to be supplied.
    What's the big secret, how hard is it to keep people informed.
    01-11-2017 03:55 PM
    You know, that is the weird part about Verizon...(happens to be my carrier as well)...Verizon states that ALL of their phones are sold "unlocked". So you'd think being on Verizon means you get the updates OTA directly from Samsung - WRONG!
    Factory Unlocked units get their updates from Samsung. SIM Unlocked carrier branded units still have carrier modifications in the OS (i.e. bloatware), so the updates come from the carrier, even if they don't lock the device.
    Aquila likes this.
    01-11-2017 04:36 PM
    01-11-2017 04:53 PM
    IMHO February/March at the earliest for me since I am on Verizon, last update I have seen from VZ was 11/16/16 and I am on October 1st security patch to give you some idea how fast & up to date VZ is with updates to the s7e so getting Nougat anytime this month seems like a pipedream
    I was in the beta for Verizon and the experience for me was smooth and essentially flawless. There is no reason to think it should take until March for them to roll out this update.
    younggreenanne likes this.
    01-11-2017 10:50 PM
    Ok, so, figured I would eventually see this coming. Typically I see a waterfall of posts about this subject, so here it goes...

After reading numerous Android and Samsung news sites, I am seeing a lot of differences in news.

For example:

• It will be 7.0 and not 7.11.
    • It was Beta tested in the US and other parts of the world, but it was "leaked" that it would be going OTA on 01/17/2017 for Europe.
    • And so on...

Too much conflicting information...

Does anyone have any reliable information on the rollout or is it pretty much a speculation and waiting game at this point?
    The Beta tests for the European and the US Verizon, Sprint and TMO Beta was 7.0. So, if you're in any of those groups, that's what you'll get.
    01-11-2017 10:51 PM
    I've said all along that, with the N7 fiasco, it's in Samsung's best interest to get updates rolled out ASAP (especially for features that add N7 capabilities to the S7 and S7E). While carriers can gum that up, I think it's also in the carrier's best interest, too.
    Alanhd, Paul Stoner 2 and Morke like this.
    01-11-2017 10:56 PM
    Well, moot point now...as of today Samsung Officially started the rollout for beta testers, next unlocked OTAs, then....

Ok, anyone taking bets on carriers? Verizon perhaps? LOL
    o4liberty likes this.
    01-12-2017 09:54 AM
    May for tmobile I bet haha.
    01-12-2017 09:59 AM
    May for tmobile I bet haha.
    TMobile has been quite quick in releasing updates since the Note 5. Can't remember which phone exactly (I think it was the Note 5) but they even released the update to Marshmallow before it hit unlocked models. And they have been fairly quick (until last month, at least) with security updates, so I don't think it'll take TMo that long, not for the S7/S7 Edge at least.
    01-12-2017 10:44 AM
    Yeah but the Sm-G930A AT&T S7 like what I have am screwed.. I was sleeping looking for the beta testing and we wasn't even offered it.. what gives?
    01-12-2017 11:05 AM
    Yeah but the Sm-G930A AT&T S7 like what I have am screwed.. I was sleeping looking for the beta testing and we wasn't even offered it.. what gives?
    Getting into the beta was hard, so don't feel bad about it... That being said, the update is starting to roll out now for, guess who?, those lucky enough to have been in the beta.
    Stable Nougat OTA now hitting Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, starting with beta users | Android Central
    Morke and smooches680 like this.
    01-12-2017 11:50 AM
    TMobile has been quite quick in releasing updates since the Note 5. Can't remember which phone exactly (I think it was the Note 5) but they even released the update to Marshmallow before it hit unlocked models. And they have been fairly quick (until last month, at least) with security updates, so I don't think it'll take TMo that long, not for the S7/S7 Edge at least.
    Plus, TMO was part of the Beta. Why would it take a long time from then to release to everyone? That would fly in the face of the whole point of participating in the Beta to begin with.
    01-12-2017 12:22 PM
    Plus, TMO was part of the Beta. Why would it take a long time from then to release to everyone? That would fly in the face of the whole point of participating in the Beta to begin with.
    I have the Dual Sim Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge International unlocked version but no Nougat update for me here in Dubai
    01-12-2017 12:48 PM
    I have the Dual Sim Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge International unlocked version but no Nougat update for me here in Dubai
    Hang in there! It's rolling out eventually. Right now it seems it's only for beta program users, but I'd say within the next couple of months it should be fully rolling out.
    01-12-2017 01:06 PM
    I have just installed full nougat update
    01-12-2017 01:12 PM
    I was in the beta for Verizon and the experience for me was smooth and essentially flawless. There is no reason to think it should take until March for them to roll out this update.
    They have to put on all their bloatware on it and then test it.. so yea march is more likely..
    01-12-2017 01:40 PM
    They have to put on all their bloatware on it and then test it.. so yea march is more likely..
    The Verizon Beta has their bloatware on it. That's why it's the Verizon Beta. Vz Navigator, Kindle, Caller Name ID, Slacker Radio, Support and Protection, VVM (not what i'd call bloatware but Verizon's none the less), etc. are all on my phone with the Beta installed right now.
    01-12-2017 02:48 PM

here 7.0 review installed today
    01-12-2017 03:11 PM
    I'm in the Uk with a bought directly from Samsung s7 edge patiently awaiting Nougat.
    01-12-2017 03:25 PM
    Could be next week for European users

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/01/11...-january-17th/
    And could be next year for America. I didn't get Marshmallow on my T-Mobile S5 (I know, I was lucky to get it at all, but then the ill-fated S6 was Sammy's flagship device at the time) until 9 mos. after it appeared on Google devices. Besides, even if Google does release it tomorrow, the carriers will find a way to bog it down and uglify it. I'm just glad Marshmallow works as well as it does.
    01-12-2017 04:02 PM
    Hope it comes with an extra battery. Can they do that OTA?
    01-12-2017 04:16 PM
72 123