This is my first device I've ever had Facebook battery drain with. Here is my solution.

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I was losing 20%+ battery life in Facebook every day, and another 5-10% from the messenger app I never even used! I used Facebook for a couple hours this morning, then deleted it and messenger and switched to Metal for about 3 hours (of course, other apps were used in addition).

A picture is worth a thousand words.

1484517267570.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you use it? If not uninstall it. Even if you don't use Messenger it will alwayd be running in the background because it's an IM app.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've played with a number of wrapper apps; Metal, Folio, Friendly, and Swipe. Each has advantages and minuses, but all will save a lot of battery. Right now I'm using Friendly.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Personally I do not use the Facebook App as I believe it's a resource hog.

Instead I access my Facebook via the URL by saving a link on my Homepage and Bookmarks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally I use Messenger Lite for messages and Chrome/Facebook's website for Facebook stuff. A runner-up is Facebook Lite.

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
d5188e1000188ffe2e70ff3b352c000f.jpg

Here's another update. Absolutely massive difference in battery use.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I use both FB and Messenger, and have never seen significant battery drain from either.

The Battery page stats can be misleading because they list percentages of total charge used so far. That makes the FB number relative to other activities--the same FB battery use will show up as a low percentage or a high percentage depending on how much other stuff you do with your phone.

For that reason, it's more useful to calculate the actual mA used by FB. Just drill down on the FB entry to find the total mAh, and divide by the number of hours you used FB.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you want to let go of the Facebook App, you can still use their mobile site version and get most of the functionality you currently have, including push notifications via Chrome (only thing you'd be truly missing is system integration for sharing content).
It turns out uninstalling Facebook for Android is pretty great | Android Central

I agree completely however it must be noted that since that article was written Mr. Zuckerberg has decided to force mobile web users to install the Facebook Messenger app, as you can no longer use any messaging within the mobile web page.

jfarnsworth

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Have you had any problems with Greenify stopping your device from opening? I've had issues with Greenify for sometime and I've tried everything to uninstall, but it won't let me uncheck it in Device Administrators, so I can't uninstall it.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you had any problems with Greenify stopping your device from opening? I've had issues with Greenify for sometime and I've tried everything to uninstall, but it won't let me uncheck it in Device Administrators, so I can't uninstall it.

I have not had any problems with Greenify on the S7 edge or Note 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance