OK Google

phxrick

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or does using OK Google on S7 suck. It only recognizes what I say about 80 to 85% of the time when I ask it a question I came from the Moto X pure which worked perfectly fine.

Swamp55

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I am consistently amazed at how accurately it understands me. (It hears me more clearly than my wife, that's for sure!)

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or does using OK Google on S7 suck. It only recognizes what I say about 80 to 85% of the time when I ask it a question I came from the Moto X pure which worked perfectly fine.

Must be you. Try retraining the voice on OK Google. On both of our phones, we really don't have a problem and it always recognizes what we say.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I too came from a Moto X. I miss having it respond to voice just sitting on the desk. Have you found a way around that?
S Voice will respond when the phone is locked, but I've found that it is not as reliable as Google.

As to the OP's question, I haven't noticed much of a difference and I came from a Turbo 2.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I too came from a Moto X. I miss having it respond to voice just sitting on the desk. Have you found a way around that?

Go to google, select voice, select ok google detection then select trusted voice which will let ok google unlock your device when the sound matches your voice.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Getting it to wake up when I say "OK Google" is the only problem I have. Once that happens it's darn near 100% in understanding what I'm saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz