02-19-2017 01:34 PM
137 1234 ...
tools
    Although I want the upgraded aod and some of my features from the n7 back I'm in no real hurry for nougat. Even if Samsung releases it in January most of us with carrier phones still have to wait .
    01-17-2017 12:04 AM
    Those of us who were on the beta program are supposed to get the upgrade first.

I am thinking it will be a few months at least before the carriers start with theirs. They have to load the OS with all their bloat. Probably spring for the carrier phones.
    ToddK likes this.
    01-17-2017 01:06 AM
    If true, I'll move to Apple iphone next September.
    01-17-2017 01:07 AM
    Nougat is available to download now in the uk
    01-17-2017 02:46 AM
    For you maybe....I still wait with baited breath. But then again I am on Vodafone
    Epwhamilton likes this.
    01-17-2017 02:52 AM
    Nougat is available to download now in the uk
    Not for everyone in UK. Anyone with an XEU CSC are left high and dry.
    Alanhd likes this.
    01-17-2017 03:13 AM
    Not for everyone in UK. Anyone with an XEU CSC are left high and dry.
    Same here unlocked UK XEU and no update.
    01-17-2017 03:18 AM
    Same here unlocked UK XEU and no update.
    What's the actual difference between BTU and XEU? Both are sold in UK, both use same English language, there's no hardware difference... I don't see why XEU can't be updated at the same time as BTU. Makes no sense as both recieved beta updates at the same time proving Samsung has the capability to do it.
    01-17-2017 03:36 AM
    Just read a thread that BTU come direct from Samsung and XEU is unlocked carrier editions. I got mine from the Samsung experience shop in Liverpool but I didn't realise that this was owned and run by carphone warehouse. They have miniscule signs stating this.
    01-17-2017 04:12 AM
    How do you know if you have those models
    01-17-2017 04:25 AM
    People saying they're going to iPhone because they don't get an update when they want it is hilarious. IPhone has had miniscule changes in 10 years, have fun on the dark side. Your loss.
    01-17-2017 04:29 AM
    How do you know if you have those models
    Easiest way is to download an app called "phone info *Samsung*" this gives you everything you could ever need to know about your phone.
    01-17-2017 04:36 AM
    Easiest way is to download an app called "phone info *Samsung*" this gives you everything you could ever need to know about your phone.
    Cheers for that. I have that now...Next stupid question where does it say if it XEU or otherwise. Tons of info but I see nothing that says XEU.
    01-17-2017 05:28 AM
    It's already rolling out!
    01-17-2017 05:31 AM
    Cheers for that. I have that now...Next stupid question where does it say if it XEU or otherwise. Tons of info but I see nothing that says XEU.
    When you open the app it's on general information. Just swipe left and to the next page and it gives you CSC codes. Keep swiping for different pages.
    01-17-2017 05:34 AM
    People saying they're going to iPhone because they don't get an update when they want it is hilarious. IPhone has had miniscule changes in 10 years, have fun on the dark side. Your loss.
    Up until now, I always used both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S series. The S7 Edge will by my last Samsung phone.Moving forward, it's so long Samsung and I will be sticking with ONLY iPhones and Google Pixel. This waiting 5 months for the latest update is for the birds. At this point, it's no longer the latest update.
    aggie likes this.
    01-17-2017 06:30 AM
    Up until now, I always used both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S series. The S7 Edge will by my last Samsung phone.Moving forward, it's so long Samsung and I will be sticking with ONLY iPhones and Google Pixel. This waiting 5 months for the latest update is for the birds. At this point, it's no longer the latest update.
    I tend to agree with you. It's all part of the experience. Direct with Apple and Google seems to be the way to do it. I am the same this will be my first and last Samsung. Real shame the phone is not to bad. It's just the whole user experience.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    01-17-2017 06:35 AM
    I tend to agree with you. It's all part of the experience. Direct with Apple and Google seems to be the way to do it. I am the same this will be my first and last Samsung. Real shame the phone is not to bad. It's just the whole user experience.
    It's always good when you can eliminate the middle man.
    01-17-2017 06:37 AM
    Just got the update on my 935F on BTU. I'm using it in the US.
    01-17-2017 06:41 AM
    So mine is I think VOD does that mean I have to wait for Vodafone to get their bits done first? I do hope not, they are generally known for not rushing these things.
    01-17-2017 07:10 AM
    I do enjoy getting updates and it does kinda make me want to switch to the pixel...
    01-17-2017 08:37 AM
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.the...rogram-on/amp/

Has anyone seen this? I was hoping to get Nougat tomorrow, but thats fading now. A real shame if true.
    Honestly, I'd rather wait than get an update that isn't working well...that's far more frustrating...at least to me. I hate bugs...lol
    ToddK and tadpoles like this.
    01-17-2017 08:42 AM
    I'm on EE UK and in the middle of a 1gb update, surely that's nougat???
    01-17-2017 09:24 AM
    I'm on EE UK and in the middle of a 1gb update, surely that's nougat???
    Yep is nougat, currently installing!
    smooches680 likes this.
    01-17-2017 09:32 AM
    Samsung has always been on the leading edge in regards to the options in their software. A lot of features in TouchWiz aren't baked into the stock android until a release or two later. Sure, you may get Google assistant. But, you also have to deal with the bland design of the phone itself.
    If the version number on your OS is your main priority, then go to Pixel or the iPhone.
    It just seems trivial that people would leave Samsung just for that reason alone.
    01-17-2017 09:47 AM
137 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD