02-19-2017 01:34 PM
137 ... 456
tools
    I bought mine back end of 2016 so it was in stock to buy.
    01-26-2017 01:59 PM
    I find it hilarious how people keep complaining about the update and saying Samsung are late, yet even the ZTE Axon 7, a phone at some point labelled the best in 2016 STILL doesn't have Nougat! The HTC 10 Nougat update only recently began rolling out, and is now paused due to issues.

Moto Z and Z Force Nougat update in US, Canada and China only out now.

It seems most OEMs are updating now in January.
    01-26-2017 02:03 PM
    It's not that I don't have the update that's so frustrating, its the lack of info coming from Samsung. Why cant they say either way when they expect to release for each CSC code.
    01-26-2017 02:08 PM
    Marshmallow working just fine, so I'm happy just to wait it out...
    tadpoles and adayoff like this.
    01-26-2017 10:03 PM
    I posted this on another thread as well..
    Question for Verizon folks on nougat with their s7 or s7 edge... does it give you the option to block texts? I have a moto z force as well as an s7 edge and my z force before nougat only allowed call blocking.. after nougat i can block both...thanks !
    01-27-2017 08:24 AM
    This gives apple the edge over android devices with updates sent to every phone with very little issues. Why can't these manufacturers get their act together like Apple! What a shame
    adayoff likes this.
    01-27-2017 06:18 PM
    This gives apple the edge over android devices with updates sent to every phone with very little issues. Why can't these manufacturers get their act together like Apple! What a shame
    That's absolutely untrue. Apple faces all kinds of issues with their updates too. Most of the time, I have seen data deletion issues, bricking, etc. It seems as though many Apple users aren't as vocal, due to the fact that they are in a locked down ecosystem.
    01-27-2017 07:49 PM
    Yes Apple release iOS pretty much to all on a stated date.

Their Firmware can be more stable as obviously they create their own iOS for their own devices.

The Networks are not permitted to get involved and tinker with it so no delays in that respect although in the U.K the Networks have a say in the Carrier Update part.

However.....

It's not always available to all models of iPhones.
    Some new features are not always available to all iPhones.
    I've known an iOS update so slow down the iPhone and make it stutter.
    Apple's Servers crash when the iOS is launched as lots clamber to get it.
    iPhones have suffered in the past from 'No Network' or 'No Wifi'after updating the iOS.

All the above I've experienced from using iPhones from the iPhone 4 launch up to the iPhone 6 Plus.
    01-28-2017 12:26 AM
    I went to edit my original post but it wouldn't save. I meant to say it is unlocked UK phones purchased through carriers.

I too have XEU and purchased via carphone warehouse.
    Have you received the Nougat update yet? Unlocked UK S7 edge XEU here.
    02-19-2017 04:13 AM
    No nougat in thailand yet.. Unlocked S7 edge.
    02-19-2017 04:21 AM
    Have you received the Nougat update yet? Unlocked UK S7 edge XEU here.
    No, I've not received it yet and i'm still on 1st November security patch
    02-19-2017 05:51 AM
    That's absolutely untrue. Apple faces all kinds of issues with their updates too. Most of the time, I have seen data deletion issues, bricking, etc. It seems as though many Apple users aren't as vocal, due to the fact that they are in a locked down ecosystem.
    Yes Apple release iOS pretty much to all on a stated date.

Their Firmware can be more stable as obviously they create their own iOS for their own devices.

The Networks are not permitted to get involved and tinker with it so no delays in that respect although in the U.K the Networks have a say in the Carrier Update part.

However.....

It's not always available to all models of iPhones.
    Some new features are not always available to all iPhones.
    I've known an iOS update so slow down the iPhone and make it stutter.
    Apple's Servers crash when the iOS is launched as lots clamber to get it.
    iPhones have suffered in the past from 'No Network' or 'No Wifi'after updating the iOS.

All the above I've experienced from using iPhones from the iPhone 4 launch up to the iPhone 6 Plus.
    Every phone can have issues with updates .. As in it can have a bug. NO phone is immune to this.

Apple can push the update to all devices because they control 100% of the device. With Android the various manufactures can modify/tweak and do what they want (TouchWiz is an example) so there are extra steps with updating an Android device.
    bullswife98 likes this.
    02-19-2017 01:34 PM
137 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD