S7 Nougat update postponed

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
People saying they're going to iPhone because they don't get an update when they want it is hilarious. IPhone has had miniscule changes in 10 years, have fun on the dark side. Your loss.

Up until now, I always used both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S series. The S7 Edge will by my last Samsung phone.Moving forward, it's so long Samsung and I will be sticking with ONLY iPhones and Google Pixel. This waiting 5 months for the latest update is for the birds. At this point, it's no longer the latest update.

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Up until now, I always used both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S series. The S7 Edge will by my last Samsung phone.Moving forward, it's so long Samsung and I will be sticking with ONLY iPhones and Google Pixel. This waiting 5 months for the latest update is for the birds. At this point, it's no longer the latest update.

I tend to agree with you. It's all part of the experience. Direct with Apple and Google seems to be the way to do it. I am the same this will be my first and last Samsung. Real shame the phone is not to bad. It's just the whole user experience.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I tend to agree with you. It's all part of the experience. Direct with Apple and Google seems to be the way to do it. I am the same this will be my first and last Samsung. Real shame the phone is not to bad. It's just the whole user experience.

It's always good when you can eliminate the middle man.

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
So mine is I think VOD does that mean I have to wait for Vodafone to get their bits done first? I do hope not, they are generally known for not rushing these things.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Samsung has always been on the leading edge in regards to the options in their software. A lot of features in TouchWiz aren't baked into the stock android until a release or two later. Sure, you may get Google assistant. But, you also have to deal with the bland design of the phone itself.
If the version number on your OS is your main priority, then go to Pixel or the iPhone.
It just seems trivial that people would leave Samsung just for that reason alone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Eh, people saying they're going to the iPhone or Pixel were most likely going there regardless. And quite a few Samsung devotees will be moving on to the S8 or Note 8 as well which will have 7.1.1.

So these big declarations about leaving always make me laugh.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has always been on the leading edge in regards to the options in their software. A lot of features in TouchWiz aren't baked into the stock android until a release or two later. Sure, you may get Google assistant. But, you also have to deal with the bland design of the phone itself.
If the version number on your OS is your main priority, then go to Pixel or the iPhone.
It just seems trivial that people would leave Samsung just for that reason alone.
It is the most hilarious thing ever. They are literally concerned about the Software version number when Samsung has had many of the Nougat features for YEARS now, we've had Split Screen Multitasking since 2012, LOL!

The Nexus and Pixel devices are very barebones I must say, they still miss a lot of the things Samsung builds in.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't mind waiting. If I wanted faster updates I would get a pixel.

But I wouldn't want to lose features by getting a pixel.

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
User experience is a whole lot more than a software update. And I thought Apple fan boys were the only protective ones.
I wait with baited breath for my 5 month old update. 😆

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
People saying they're going to iPhone because they don't get an update when they want it is hilarious. IPhone has had miniscule changes in 10 years, have fun on the dark side. Your loss.

I was using the iPhone 7 Plus for the last several months and I'm really glad I'm back to using my S7 edge because I really missed the customization of Android. Sure, the iPhone 7 Plus was a great phone, but the S7 edge is still better despite being ~six months older than the 7+. There were just way too many features I missed on Samsung (Samsung Pay, wireless charging, Android customizztion, etc. etc. etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech