S7 Nougat update postponed

Tachead7075

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
that's what I hate man, I keep checking at least 20 times a day for the update especially everytime I see some member say that he just received it! I hate this! I hate iOS so much but I love that when an update is out, everyone gets it.

Heck even on my previous Nexus 6P the updates were rolled out in waves and I was the last to get the update so having a stock Android device while better, doesn't solve this completely
Just turn on autoupdate and forget about it man. One day it will just start the download and surprise you. It's not like Nougat is a game changer or something. It just has a couple of new things and tweaks. Plus, 6.01 already really works just fine.

I don't get why people(not just you SP but anyone) get so twisted up over these OS updates. Are their lives really that boring that their whole world hinges on a tiny OS improvement on a cell phone that already works perfectly. I suggest you try some new things, diversify your hobbies, and don't sweat the little things. I mean come on people, it's just a stupid Android update for a cell phone lol.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Just turn on autoupdate and forget about it man. One day it will just start the download and surprise you. It's not like Nougat is a game changer or something. It just has a couple of new things and tweaks. Plus, 6.01 already really works just fine.

I don't get why people(not just you SP but anyone) get so twisted up over these OS updates. Are their lives really that boring that their whole world hinges on a tiny OS improvement on a cell phone that already works perfectly. I suggest you try some new things, diversify your hobbies, and don't sweat the little things. I mean come on people, it's just a stupid Android update for a cell phone lol.

Sooooo...Agree with this.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Update, what update?

My hobbies include.. ..
2d8a2de18b6f5c2ee330a88ad30e9da4.jpg

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
But reading this thread prompted me to go check....

Not that I care, (and I don't mean to rub it in, or push anyone to buy an iPhone), but I'm gonna install this update...
a3aab5aab68cdd81c1bf416d33ab80b4.jpg

Last edited:

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

100% agree. There's much more important things happening in my life other than a software update for my phone, which by the way isn't that much of change anyway. Some people must lead very boring lives !

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
100% agree. There's much more important things happening in my life other than a software update for my phone, which by the way isn't that much of change anyway. Some people must lead very boring lives !
Well this is a forum for the enthusiast to talk about it so it makes sense. Nothing wrong with wanting your stuff updated. :).

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well this is a forum for the enthusiast to talk about it so it makes sense. Nothing wrong with wanting your stuff updated. :).

The point is that Nougat was officially released 5 months ago and here they are still trying to work the bugs out of it 5 months later. That's totally unacceptable. The fact that the first beta build was released 10 months ago makes it downright pathetic. People can try to spin this any way they want.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The point is that Nougat was officially released 5 months ago and here they are still trying to work the bugs out of it 5 months later. That's totally unacceptable. The fact that the first beta build was released 10 months ago makes it downright pathetic. People can try to spin this any way they want.

I agree. I have "dealt" with carrier branded phones but I did enjoy on my Nexus and now my Pixel XL that I get updates straight from Google when I should.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
What is hilarious is me going to the Android Website to check what I should expect in my now Nougat S7 Edge and realising most of these features Google say are "new" are things Samsung implemented long ago.

I mean REALLY Display Size adjustment??? That came with the Note5 lol!
Vulkan API!? Had that long ago in S7, S7 Edge and Note 7! 😂
Multi window Multitasking? Came in 2012 with the freaking Galaxy Note 2, and has been standard in every Galaxy S and Note since.
Picture-in-Picture Mode - Galaxy Note2 brought that!
VR Mode - Galaxy Note 4 brought that!

Yet here we are with people complaining about an update coming late that brings features we had in Marshmallow.

Uggh.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Only pathetic for those poor souls who spend time worrying about it.

While I agree that Samsung and others should get updates ready sooner, I just don't spend more than 5 minutes worrying about it. If it were such a high priority for me, I'd buy a Pixel and call it a day.

Like others have said, a lot of Nougat features were employed on Samsung devices years ago. The neat thing about Nougat on my Edge are the notification enhancements. Everything else is smooth and nice, but certainly not some earthshattering improvement over MM.

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've worked in IT shops for all of my career. A place where business relies upon the system to be up all the time. We wouldn't think of installing a new version of the host system's OS for at least 8-12 months after it has been released. Too risky. I feel the same way about my phone. It's a mission critical piece of hardware for my lifestyle. I'll let others be the foolish, er brave people and jump on day 1. Not my cup of tea.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
^ Also, a very good point. I've always said that the people complaining about waiting, would be the same ones complaining if Samsung rushed out an update that bricked their phone.

Given that they can't win either way, I don't blame them for taken the time to get it the way they want it.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
XEU is unlocked carrier versions in the UK. as to when we will get the update, who knows. I have noticed that it is often behind BTU in normal updates
No can't be as I bought mine from Carphone Warehouse unlocked SIM free, no carrier involved.

From what I've heard only devices direct from Samsung are BTU, everything else is either carrier locked or in XEU limbo.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I've worked in IT shops for all of my career. A place where business relies upon the system to be up all the time. We wouldn't think of installing a new version of the host system's OS for at least 8-12 months after it has been released. Too risky. I feel the same way about my phone. It's a mission critical piece of hardware for my lifestyle. I'll let others be the foolish, er brave people and jump on day 1. Not my cup of tea.

Very well said!

This is the thing. Often times the Nexus guy's really suffered a lot as they got updates as they arrived and had to deal with all kinds of weird bugs.

I'm happy to wait a bit on my Samsung that is already feature packed and just requires the monthly Security Update.
^ Also, a very good point. I've always said that the people complaining about waiting, would be the same ones complaining if Samsung rushed out an update that bricked their phone.

Given that they can't win either way, I don't blame them for taken the time to get it the way they want it.
Indeed!

Nobody likes a rush job, often times there is a lot more to fix in them than a FW that has been well tested.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What is hilarious is me going to the Android Website to check what I should expect in my now Nougat S7 Edge and realising most of these features Google say are "new" are things Samsung implemented long ago.

I mean REALLY Display Size adjustment??? That came with the Note5 lol!
Vulkan API!? Had that long ago in S7, S7 Edge and Note 7! ??????
Multi window Multitasking? Came in 2012 with the freaking Galaxy Note 2, and has been standard in every Galaxy S and Note since.
Picture-in-Picture Mode - Galaxy Note2 brought that!
VR Mode - Galaxy Note 4 brought that!

Yet here we are with people complaining about an update coming late that brings features we had in Marshmallow.

Uggh.

You do know that an update isn't just for features you use right? ;). There are updates to the OS itself, security, etc.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
You do know that an update isn't just for features you use right? ;). There are updates to the OS itself, security, etc.
I do. I was fine with the Security Updates.

Honestly at this point I cannot believe we are still dealing with "Major Updates", it should be a constant stream of Security Updates with the odd feature in each one.

How many times does the UI have to change?

If rather Google and the rest of them give us Security Updates monthly with the odd cool feature and then give us a major update with new UI and dazzling features every 2years.

I'm looking at a lot of things in Nougat and realising we Android Users Beta Tested a lot of this stuff in Lollipop and Marshmallow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital