02-19-2017 01:34 PM
137 123 ...
tools
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.the...rogram-on/amp/

Has anyone seen this? I was hoping to get Nougat tomorrow, but thats fading now. A real shame if true.
    01-16-2017 01:41 PM
    i don't understand whats going on, If they are still in Beta how come no one else ha seen this beta version.
    Samsung should man up and let people know whats going on.
    01-16-2017 02:14 PM
    Maybe this just affects China?
    Caleb Scribner likes this.
    01-16-2017 02:44 PM
    If true Apple will be laughing their heads off. The upgrade process with having so many parties involved is an absolute joke.
    01-16-2017 03:21 PM
    If true Apple will be laughing their heads off. The upgrade process with having so many parties involved is an absolute joke.
    every single phone manufacturer now has Nougat update except Samsung! They are the worst when it comes to OS updates
    01-16-2017 03:47 PM
    The fact it's been nearly 5 months since Nougat was released is a joke. How can it take that long to configure an update, test it, and release?
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    01-16-2017 04:38 PM
    There are tens of millions of S7 and S7Edge phones in the world. Very few people care or even know about upgrades. Only those of us that are deep into the tech even know this is going on. Even less would ever make a buying decision on the speed of updates. I doubt Apple is laughing their heads off since it doesn't affect sales of Samsung products in the least.
    ToddK, chanchan05, brad419 and 4 others like this.
    01-16-2017 05:05 PM
    The fact it's been nearly 5 months since Nougat was released is a joke. How can it take that long to configure an update, test it, and release?
    The carriers make a lot of changes. For example, the settings pages on Verizon look different than they do on other carriers. It's a lot of work to make these changes. Most of Verizon's "top" developers are working on new phones and updates to existing phones gets relegated to "maintenance" developers as producing an update to an existing phone has little revenue producing impact.

As a manager of a pretty large development group myself we focus primarily on revenue producing projects and fit in non-rev and infrastructure tasks when time permits. It's just the way it is.
    Gray Area likes this.
    01-16-2017 05:09 PM
    I think this only affects China. Maybe you forget but that country puts spying on the population a priority. Maybe they forced Samsung to add it in firmware level.
    01-16-2017 05:25 PM
    The carriers make a lot of changes. For example, the settings pages on Verizon look different than they do on other carriers. It's a lot of work to make these changes. Most of Verizon's "top" developers are working on new phones and updates to existing phones gets relegated to "maintenance" developers as producing an update to an existing phone has little revenue producing impact.
    I'm on EE, and as far as I'm aware, carriers in the UK don't lock down and add nearly as much bloatware (next to none) as US carriers do so that really shouldn't be an issue here. And even if it was, 5 months still is an awfully long time.
    01-16-2017 05:32 PM
    There are tens of millions of S7 and S7Edge phones in the world. Very few people care or even know about upgrades. Only those of us that are deep into the tech even know this is going on. Even less would ever make a buying decision on the speed of updates. I doubt Apple is laughing their heads off since it doesn't affect sales of Samsung products in the least.
    Or they're like my wife - "Why is there an update? It's running fine right now and every time they update they screw something up or make it look different! I hate updates!!!".
    justin1578 and ToddK like this.
    01-16-2017 06:42 PM
    Normally I would agree with the" so what" crowd but after the Note 7 debacle you would think Samsung and yes even carriers like Verizon would work to get S7/S7 Edge the update.

I have a ton of $ invested in those phones at work and the events of the past few months are making me rethink Samsung long term. Come on Samsung get the lead out ...fix the bugs and push the bloody update !
    01-16-2017 07:22 PM
    This is why I had to send back the s7e and get the pixel. IMO, Sammy makes the best phones but they insist on continually shooting themselves in the foot by dragging out these updates. They also need to stop allowing service providers from interfering with the updates. But most people don't care about updates unfortunately and once Sammy releases a phone into the wild they kind of forget about it.
    01-16-2017 08:08 PM
    The article mentions that it is happening in China. It doesn't say it will affect anywhere else.

Samsung rolled out the official Android 7.0 Nougat update to Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge device last week, but as per recent reports from China, it seems like the rollout is being halted and another beta release with build number G9350ZCU2ZQA4 is being released to Galaxy S7 Edge devices in the country.
    01-16-2017 08:19 PM
    Is Nougat going to be a sea change of an update? Or, as I suspect, the usual update with a few tweaks to the current OS. Speaking only for myself, I don't think it's that big a deal.
    ToddK likes this.
    01-16-2017 10:19 PM
    Plus I just got a big update for something on Sprint. I can't install it right now because my phone is at 12% lol. Once I'm charged I'll install it. But it's not a security patch.
    01-16-2017 10:21 PM
    Plus I just got a big update for something on Sprint. I can't install it right now because my phone is at 12% lol. Once I'm charged I'll install it. But it's not a security patch.
    Said it was security update, LTE and WiFi performance improvements, bug fixes. I can't see any difference after installing it today.
    01-16-2017 10:37 PM
    Define big. My December security patch was 300mb. Based on experience, an OS update like Nougat will not be smaller than 1GB.
    01-16-2017 10:39 PM
    Define big. My December security patch was 300mb. Based on experience, an OS update like Nougat will not be smaller than 1GB.
    Just under 500MB. It isn't Nougat, it's an update to 6.0.1.
    01-16-2017 10:48 PM
    I started the install. It didn't say it was a security patch like it normally would. The install screen looks different. Blue screen and now it's saying system upgrading. Normally it would say updating... Big difference right there. If it's not 7.0 then I'll be disappointed.
    01-16-2017 11:10 PM
    I started the install. It didn't say it was a security patch like it normally would. The install screen looks different. Blue screen and now it's saying system upgrading. Normally it would say updating... Big difference right there. If it's not 7.0 then I'll be disappointed.
    Sorry, it isn't - it's 6.0.1 (I'm looking at it now). It did take longer to install and update than other recent updates - I thought it was hanging for a while.
    01-16-2017 11:15 PM
    I too am disappointed but I don't think Samsung themselves ever stated the 17th.
    But more importantly the updates on most Android phones are becoming a joke.. I am considering an iPhone the next year's version. As I liked Samsung but I miss the ir and removable battery and I don't like the Curved screen with the high risk of breakage... These days the android advantage has gone except for customization but I would prefer updates over that.
    01-16-2017 11:22 PM
    Beta ended December, Samsung will be releasing this month is what they told us, I'm running beta 5 now it's nice..
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-16-2017 11:35 PM
    Well now I'm pissed... Why the hell would they give us a update for 6.0.1 when we are suppose to be getting the new 7.0... God that makes no freaking sense....
    01-16-2017 11:38 PM
    S7 Nougat update postponed-screenshot_20170116-233534.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170116-233534.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	250230
    steelers1 likes this.
    01-16-2017 11:41 PM
137 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD