I need HELP with Google bypass on November security patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I was helping a friend out with his s7 edge he recently bought off his other friend, and I get the screen that says that this device was reset and needs the previous gmail to verify and unlock this google lock.

So I went searching for ways, one was with turning on and off the hotspot at respective times, once you get to the part where it talks about terms and condition you select some text and press share and then to disable the setup wizzard but this version of the s7 edge basically couldn't make that happen.

The next way was looking at RootJunky video using the OTG stuff and that also couldn't pop up the file manager

Now I'm at the video of people using RealTerm, I followed all the steps till typing the commands into the send section, first command went in fine, but the second one gave me an error, so I restarted the phone and pc, same result, now I'm not sure what to do. I need help! ASAP

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Why not have your friend reach out to his friend who he bought the device from to help him? Its easy that way.

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
^what he said.

Updates are being made to stop all work arounds to that, because that's the entire point, to make the phone unusable if the original owner did not clean it out.

Contact the original owner.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's a security feature to prevent a phone that's been lost or stolen from being used by someone else. We cannot help with this here!

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The problem here is that he has never responded to him for the past 2 days, there's a way around it, just keeps getting more difficult as more security patches reach these phones.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem here is that he has never responded to him for the past 2 days, there's a way around it, just keeps getting more difficult as more security patches reach these phones.
That's reassuring. The more difficult it is, the less incentive anyone has to steal these phones.

If the seller won't help make the phone work, they buyer's only reasonable recourse is to sue him for the cost of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance