AT&T S7 Edge Nougat Possible Early Spring (C/S Rep Chat)

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was talking with a Chat Rep and asked the following:

Some info was redacted due to irrelevance:

Danny : Also since I'm talking when is the next s 7 edge update going to be released?
Corie : Yeah, at least you have a phone to use. I had to suffer for l a few weeks lol .
Corie : Let me check and see if we have that info yet

Corie : Yeah, I just have a G3. We are set to get another update for the Samsung devices beginning of Spring after final testing.
Danny : Ok. What are the chances it would have 7.0 Nougat update?
Corie : Very good, they started beta testing already. As soon as it comes out your Samsung will get it.

So here's to crossing fingers!!!

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was talking with a Chat Rep and asked the following:

...Corie : Yeah, I just have a G3. We are set to get another update for the Samsung devices beginning of Spring after final testing.

That's earlier than I expected. I was expecting April. AT&T typically updates the S line after the new ones come out.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That's earlier than I expected. I was expecting April. AT&T typically updates the S line after the new ones come out.

I'm just surprised they already beta testing it. That's a good sign. Let's see how much more memory I'll lose with MOAR BLOAT!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm just surprised they already beta testing it. That's a good sign. Let's see how much more memory I'll lose with MOAR BLOAT!
It's been beta testing since November. Adding the latest build of N to the mix doesn't require much more testing. They should just be running through the approval processes you would think.
Well...April is technically early spring.
I honestly don't think any carrier will delay into spring. Just my guess.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It's been beta testing since November. Adding the latest build of N to the mix doesn't require much more testing. They should just be running through the approval processes you would think.

Well...April is technically early spring.
I honestly don't think any carrier will delay into spring. Just my guess.

Depends on who you mean was beta testing because Samsung may have been beta testing but AT&T always do their extra testing testing and tweaks before they release it. I really don't see AT&T test this out since November.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
We will get it after S8 Edge And S8 Edge Plus is out , always been that way , so i won't have the chance to have it on my S7 Edge since i'll be On S8 Edge Plus lol!

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
We will get it after S8 Edge And S8 Edge Plus is out , always been that way , so i won't have the chance to have it on my S7 Edge since i'll be On S8 Edge Plus lol!

Its always like this, and I don't see any reason why they would do it differently. Keep the S7 a major update behind until the S8 releases. That way, sales reps can say "the S8 has the latest and greatest version of Android, best hardware, upgraded everything, new design.."

"what..save money you say? Pay no attention to that S7 over there. Its $100 cheaper, but its the old model."

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, that didn't take long. 7.0 is available on AT&T test servers. I adb sideloaded it this evening. Pretty freaking sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali