01-28-2017 07:03 AM
67 123
tools
    I have both. Pixel XL and Coral Blue S7 Edge. The edge is hands down the best designed/looking phone ever created. I don't even know why I still have the Pixel. My SIM is in my Edge and it's simply the best made phone. Looks good, works good, water resistant, SD card, crazy good camera, crazy good screen, amazing 5.5 screen profile. Has it all and then some.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    01-20-2017 07:41 PM
    I switch back and forth all the time. But i also have the S7 edge and Pixel XL and 7+ and picked up a Mate 9 the other day too.
    I swap phones back and forth....just take the sim out pop it into what phone I feeling that day.

Love my S7 edge running the Nougat beta still. But can't wait for the S8!
    How do you switch from the 7+ to the Androids without creating total chaos? I have the 7+ and I am always testing out the latest phones (billionaire, LOL) and going to and from those platforms just feels chaotic to me, but I can't just use my iPhone. Ugh.
    jamezr likes this.
    01-21-2017 04:11 AM
    I have my s7edge on tmobile jump on demand. Plan to swap it for the S8 if they have a big version or the Note 8 for sure depending on when it's out. I have a Nexus 6P on its way as a 2nd phone but likely it'll become my primary and I'll be using the S7Edge for Samsung pay. What's cool is I don't have to switch the sim into the s7edge to use Samsung pay.
    jamezr likes this.
    01-21-2017 05:06 AM
    How do you switch from the 7+ to the Androids without creating total chaos? I have the 7+ and I am always testing out the latest phones (billionaire, LOL) and going to and from those platforms just feels chaotic to me, but I can't just use my iPhone. Ugh.
    Lol I like the change actually. It's nice to use something different. I have basically the same setup on all my phones. I just have to remember to sign out of iMessage on my 7+ when switching to an Android phone.
    01-21-2017 05:13 AM
    Yes I've finally started to see what people had been talking about in the reviews.

One word for Pixel = instant.
    It is such a hard battle between the two I cant decide so I am just going to keep both. I had sold my pixel and after 3 days without it I missed it. So I bought a new one. Now I have the new one and I miss the s7. I guess I just have to accept that switching back and forth constantly is okay. I like both too much for such different reasons to give one up.
    01-21-2017 06:55 AM
    It is such a hard battle between the two I cant decide so I am just going to keep both. I had sold my pixel and after 3 days without it I missed it. So I bought a new one. Now I have the new one and I miss the s7. I guess I just have to accept that switching back and forth constantly is okay. I like both too much for such different reasons to give one up.
    That's pretty much what I've decided. My s7edge is on tmobile jump demand. But I keep missing a bigger acreen, and currently only bigger screens are non samsung (flagship style, that is). I have had a Note 5 and a Nexus 6P lately, back and forth. Now waiting on the Nexus 6P to deliver tomorrow so I have that and the edge.
    01-21-2017 07:14 AM
    That's pretty much what I've decided. My s7edge is on tmobile jump demand. But I keep missing a bigger acreen, and currently only bigger screens are non samsung (flagship style, that is). I have had a Note 5 and a Nexus 6P lately, back and forth. Now waiting on the Nexus 6P to deliver tomorrow so I have that and the edge.
    I've heard great things about the 6P, just a monster phone. I actually downsized to the regular pixel and love the size! I can say that the s7 edge 5.5" screen is the most impressive form factor. Hold that and an iPhone 7 plus together, pretty wild how they got the s7 edge so small.
    01-21-2017 07:17 AM
    Don't you notice the slight delays while navigating through a Samsung now that you've used stock Android?
    01-21-2017 07:56 AM
    Don't you notice the slight delays while navigating through a Samsung now that you've used stock Android?
    I noticed that right away when I tried out the nexus 6p the first time
    01-21-2017 07:57 AM
    The Oneplus 3T would've been an amazing option as well. It's the fastest phone out there and the built quality is just perfect. The 6P is amazing too with those speakers and stock Android. How much did you get it for?

I'm a poor tech lover guy I buy my phones used. And I can only afford one at a time. So I've settled on Pixel. I think im one of the 4 people who have the Pixel in my country the camera is amazing and I've started to feel and appreciate the instant nature of the software.
    01-21-2017 07:58 AM
    The one I'm waiting on is through Amazon Prime it's $430
    01-21-2017 07:59 AM
    The one I'm waiting on is through Amazon Prime it's $430
    Right there with the 3T. I think Oneplus did an excellent job with the 3T. My first priority is camera and ONLY the camera on that phone is mediocre.

The 6P is the best phone for consuming media. And I think it always will be, for a very long time, since no phone with front facing speakers and a screen of that size will come out any time soon.
    01-21-2017 08:10 AM
    Of course I do. What's funny is I never noticed them before using the pixel! Just shows you how incredible the pixel is on the software end.
    amyf27 and anon(9408097) like this.
    01-21-2017 08:17 AM
    The only thing the Pixel has going for it is the quickness in the software, but it wasn't enough to keep me on the phone. I didn't care that the software was a measly millisecond or two faster because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The hardware is always most important to me.
    LineKill likes this.
    01-21-2017 09:50 AM
    The 6P is the best phone for consuming media. And I think it always will be, for a very long time, since no phone with front facing speakers and a screen of that size will come out any time soon.
    Have you checked out the Huawei Mate 9? It has amazing front-facing speakers for media and a 5.9 inch screen and it's only $599.99!
    01-21-2017 09:50 AM
    The only thing the Pixel has going for it is the quickness in the software, but it wasn't enough to keep me on the phone. I didn't care that the software was a measly millisecond or two faster because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The hardware is always most important to me.
    Different strokes for different folks!

To me the software experience alone is what has kept me going back to the pixel. That and the flat screen which I can put a tempered glass on! I hate not being able to use a tempered glass on the s7 edge and hate the curved screen
    01-21-2017 09:55 AM
    Different strokes for different folks!

To me the software experience alone is what has kept me going back to the pixel. That and the flat screen which I can put a tempered glass on! I hate not being able to use a tempered glass on the s7 edge and hate the curved screen
    True, people have different requirements in a cellular device.

The regular S7 can handle tempered glass screen protectors without the curve of the display, but you get all the benefits of the S7 edge (the IP68 rating, same cameras, etc.). The battery life on it is only okay on it though.
    01-21-2017 09:58 AM
    True, people have different requirements in a cellular device.

The regular S7 can handle tempered glass screen protectors without the curve of the display, but you get all the benefits of the S7 edge (the IP68 rating, same cameras, etc.). The battery life on it is only okay on it though.
    I had the s7 before the edge and returned it two days after BC the battery life was atrocious!

I think once the edge gets the official nougat update it will be a lot better to use day to day.
    anon(5630457) and amyf27 like this.
    01-21-2017 10:00 AM
    Water resistance is the only hardware advantage the S7 has over the Pixel. It's a big one. True. But that's it. Objectively speaking that js. And to me it's not a big deal at all. I never took the S7 out in the rain or put under the water anyway.

Well okay the screen gets a little brighter on the S7 as well.

1.25 advantages over the Pixel.

Keeping aside the design of course. That's completely subjective. Although everybody agrees that the S7 edge has the best design period.

So if you're okay with not having water resistance, hardware comparison is useless.

But if you absolutely have to compare then consider the plastic home button of the S7 as well. Most of the S7s you'll see, the buttons look terrible. Destroys the whole look of the phone. Plus, software buttons are always better. You can look at it from any perspective.

Then comes the fragility of the phone.

The glass on the back of the Pixel isn't as good either. But it's only at the top.

Nitpicking won't win anyone anything. And it's not about preferences. Both are equally bad to be honest.
    01-21-2017 10:47 AM
    So if you're okay with not having water resistance, hardware comparison is useless.
    Well, no, no, it's not useless. The S7 edge has a much smoother design. It doesn't have a glass back over an aluminum body like the Pixel. Also, Samsung was able to fit a 5.5" screen in a smaller footprint than the Pixel XL. It doesn't have annoying huge bezels. The camera on the S7 edge doesn't have lens flaring issues if it's taking pics near a light source. It also doesn't have the connectivity issues that have been plaguing Pixel owners (myself included when I owned one). There's more than just the water resistance and the brighter screen.

I don't really want to argue about this. I'm enjoying my Saturday morning by watching all the strong, powerful women marching on Washington DC to ensure their (and my!) rights are secure for the next four years. I hope you're having a great Saturday as well, Rizwan Basir.
    01-21-2017 10:52 AM
    Well, no, no, it's not useless. The S7 edge has a much smoother design. It doesn't have a glass back over an aluminum body like the Pixel. Also, Samsung was able to fit a 5.5" screen in a smaller footprint than the Pixel XL. It doesn't have annoying huge bezels. The camera on the S7 edge doesn't have lens flaring issues if it's taking pics near a light source. It also doesn't have the connectivity issues that have been plaguing Pixel owners (myself included when I owned one). There's more than just the water resistance and the brighter screen.

I don't really want to argue about this. I'm enjoying my Saturday morning by watching all the strong, powerful women marching on Washington DC to ensure their (and my!) rights are secure for the next four years. I hope you're having a great Saturday as well, Rizwan Basir.
    Yes I admitted that S7 has undoubtedly the better design. Thank you for your comment.

God bless America.
    01-21-2017 11:04 AM
    Yes I admitted that S7 has undoubtedly the better design. Thank you for your comment.

God bless America.
    I love that people like so much different stuff. To me the S7 edge looks absolutely horrible and like something I'd be somewhat ashamed to be seen with... But I'm also well aware that most consumers disagree with my aesthetic tastes.
    01-21-2017 11:26 AM
    The Pixel looks like a chinese knockoff iPhone in my opinion.
    01-21-2017 11:28 AM
    The Pixel looks like a chinese knockoff iPhone in my opinion.
    On the front with the screen off maybe, the body is pretty wildly different.
    01-21-2017 11:51 AM
    The S7Edge I don't think k looks bad-it's just too small for me. The LgV20 I really like it's design and the Nexus 6P as qell. Those look great dressed up in a good case too
    01-21-2017 04:06 PM
67 123