Anybody here who switched to Pixel then back?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: S7 to iPhone to S7 edge to Pixel to S7 edge

Couldn't agree more with you OP. I had the 7 plus for two months, and even though it had excellent performance and the best battery life hands down of any smartphone I've had, I realized that I love the design/display of my s7 edge, and more importantly, the features Samsung puts in its phones. I don't know how many people actually use these features, but I love multi-window and pop-up window. I use these quite a bit daily. Let's set aside the Edge screen and software, fast charging, and fast wired charging, Samsung Pay, the Samsung theme store or the ability to customize your phone with widgets or not customize it all. There are things that Apple didn't have that drove me crazy. I'm sure I'm nitpicking but here goes:

- when you take a screen shot on the 7 plus, you have to go to your camera roll, find the pic and then send it to whomever. On the S7 edge and other Galaxy phones, you simply screenshot and have the ability to send it to whomever right there and then.

- no smart capture - this is such an awesome feature. Sometimes I have to, for one reason or another, screenshot web pages or long text conversations. It was an absolute nightmare on the 7 plus. On the edge as I'm sure you know, it is simply easy and wonderful.

I'm sure there are many more other small little features that have us similarly hooked.

Cheers!

Yes man yes. It's the little things which Samsung does and everybody else just ignore or are too lazy to include. Seriously. They're too many to mention here. But you mentioned two of those things. I can add so many more:

Ability to put the brightness slider on the top with just one pull down of the notification area

The camera app, built in video editing tools with music and what not. Plus so many additional camera modes like collage and dual cameras and what not.

When you download something from the web. The process is so easy. You can even download a zip file and extract it with built in file manager. Then to install the downloaded app you go and Allow Unknown Sources for just once. It automatically allows one file to get installed and unchecks itself.

Ad blocker on Internet app.

Last night I learnt that the clock app can now speak out time while ringing the alarm tone. How handy is that! It's amazing.

The device optimizer. You can delete GBs of cached unused data by press of a button.

Battery saving modes.

The keyboard has its own clipboard.

Plus the design as you mentioned is absolutely amazing. Even if you're not interacting with the phone, it looks good just sitting there.

As I said, there are too many little things to mention here.

Having said all that, I've used the Pixel unfortunately, the performance could use a little work. The animations aren't silky smooth. Especially while interacting with recent apps. Running nougat here. I want to see another small update which could iron out the animations a bit. Which would never happen.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I can relate ha ha. For me, the Note 7 was it. Obviously returned (twice) during the recalls. Love the S7 Edge but I'm a hardcore Note fan and love the bigger screen and s pen. I have tried S7edge, Note 5, LG V20 a few times. I wound up keeping an s7edge on Jump of Demand WITH tmobile and getting a Note 5 off Amazon.

By looking at what Samsung is doing with the S8, the note 8 will be unlike anything which could ever exist in 2017.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

By looking at what Samsung is doing with the S8, the note 8 will be unlike anything which could ever exist in 2017.
There is nothing and I mean nothing like the Note series. Note 8 is with no doubt going to be a big bang.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pixel sitting at home for a couple weeks now but I'm still carring my S7e around with me most of the time.
The Nougat S7e is just a perfect phone.

offsidebowler

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
I think I should learn by now that I cant live without Samsung.

I've been using Samsung for a long time.
Note 4
S6
S6 edge
S6 edge plus
S7
Then S7 edge

I'm with you. The last 4 phones I've had have been Samsung. Every time I go out with an open mind but come back with a Galaxy time and again. Nothing about the Pixel could tempt me to swap my S7 Edge for it.