02-04-2017 12:44 PM
77 1234
tools
    I too have been told today for Thailand...
    01-26-2017 01:06 AM
    I wouldn't get too excited, my battery life has been pants since updating last week, I've done cache partition wipes etc and nothing has changed. Improved battery life was pretty much the main reason I was wanting to update as well!
    01-26-2017 02:50 AM
    I wouldn't get too excited, my battery life has been pants since updating last week, I've done cache partition wipes etc and nothing has changed. Improved battery life was pretty much the main reason I was wanting to update as well!
    I agree
    01-26-2017 03:29 AM
    I could not care less when it comes. And I won't update right away anyway. I had a Nexus 6P and we got Nougat a long time ago. And it was a mess. I never did upgrade mine because of all the threads with various issues. So I'm in no hurry now either. I have never been happier with a smart phone than this one, so I just hope the update does not screw up my perfect S7E.
    mountainman likes this.
    01-26-2017 06:41 AM
    I am on the Nougat beta....got tired of checking just to be one of the first to get it. Will wait and stop checking....bored with it...can't wait for the S8 :-)
    01-26-2017 06:59 AM
    I must get a life I check sometime 2 times a day... And you?
    I check here to see if anyone else on Verizon got it...it's why I am here now lol
    01-26-2017 01:03 PM
    At three times a day now as it's out in thailand where I'm based now and where I bought the phone.. But I can't seem to get it... Yet.. Frustrating
    01-26-2017 10:52 PM
    It seems less than 5 percent worldwide have been updated to nougat. Shame on you Samsung
    01-30-2017 06:34 AM
    Not sure I follow. Why is it "shame on Samsung"? Isn't it the carriers that are delaying it at this point?
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    01-30-2017 06:49 AM
    No it's not the carriers.. My phone paid full price nearly 1000 dollars in thailand still no news when it will be updated.
    According to some research I read over 80 percent of the S7 range are purchased for cash unlocked and still no upgrade. Only a few counties have had the upgrade some parts of USA and UK, Korea China Russia, France..
    Truly a dissgrace. Even we are relatively small in numbers we are influencers by that I mean when the normal person wants to but a new phone we have a lot of weight with friends and family..
    I would luv too find another brand besides pixel that maintains its upgrades for at least 3 years and Offers speedy updates... Any ideas besides Apple which I'm not rulling out in future. Surely we could all email Samsung and put some pressure behind them.
    They are taking the p iss out of us
    01-30-2017 07:45 AM
    Not sure I follow. Why is it "shame on Samsung"? Isn't it the carriers that are delaying it at this point?
    Yes this can be the case.

Samsung send it to the Network. The Network test it and send it back. Samsung apply any requested changes and push it out.

But this is for Branded phones only.

I'm in the Uk with un branded phone and still waiting.

Samsung U.K advise its sent out in waves.
    01-30-2017 11:18 AM
    Bottom line is I pay Verizon (US) for a service. Nougat has some very attractive and much needed changes to the UI, taking full advantage of the hardware (S7 Edge). It is now January 30th and still no sign of the Nougat Update. Verizon isn't talking, Samsung isn't talking. No one will say a thing about the upgrade to 7.0 / 7.1.1 (or whatever it may be IF be when it is released to the Verizon branded S7 Edge. The only thing ticking me off about the whole situation, is neither party is giving a timeline - if one even exists at this point.

Keeping customers in the dark is becoming a terrible process - especially when they pay hard earned $$$ for premium services...
    Alanhd and bandofbrothers2112 like this.
    01-30-2017 12:38 PM
    Those who have the unlocked version and haven't received the update, just download and flash. It is extremely simple. Trust me, I was scared too when I did it for the first time. But it's extremely easy.

YouTube 'Odin flash s7 edge tutorial'

All you have to do is to download the firmware from sammobile. Download a software called Odin. Connect your phone and click a button. That's all.

It doesn't trip knox. It's official firmware. It's not rooting or anything. Find the specific firmware on the site for your model and put it on download.

It's extremely simple. If I can do it so can everyone else.

There are zero amount of things which could go wrong actually. You just have to be careful about downloading the right firmware and that's it.
    01-30-2017 12:52 PM
    I'm on Verizon so I don't have to worry about checking for any update for another 2-3 months
    Lol that's why I am glad I am on the beta
    P.s when it does come you'll love it
    01-30-2017 12:53 PM
    I agree....

...... this supposed staggered waved rollout is poor.

People who have it are reporting little or no bugs.

Samsung should be working on getting Nougat sent out much faster if nothing else to install some confidence back into their products.
    01-30-2017 12:54 PM
    Great in theory - unfortunately the only firmware posted on Sammobile.com for the SMG935V, is 6.0.1 - so no manual upgrade yet...
    01-30-2017 01:00 PM
    Those who have the unlocked version and haven't received the update, just download and flash. It is extremely simple. Trust me, I was scared too when I did it for the first time. But it's extremely easy.

YouTube 'Odin flash s7 edge tutorial'

All you have to do is to download the firmware from sammobile. Download a software called Odin. Connect your phone and click a button. That's all.

It doesn't trip knox. It's official firmware. It's not rooting or anything. Find the specific firmware on the site for your model and put it on download.

It's extremely simple. If I can do it so can everyone else.

There are zero amount of things which could go wrong actually. You just have to be careful about downloading the right firmware and that's it.
    Things that concern me is that some people are reporting issues with their phone after doing processes like you mention above.

I've jail broken many iPhones so the actual process does not concern me and have troubleshot my way out of trouble. But I'm wanting to have this pushed to the phone and update that way hopefully negating any possible issues.

What I want is for a Team at Samsung for the Un Branded and also a Team at the various relevant Networks for Branded phones to start the wheels in motion now.
    01-30-2017 01:00 PM
    Great in theory - unfortunately the only firmware posted on Sammobile.com for the SMG935V, is 6.0.1 - so no manual upgrade yet...
    I said unlocked.
    01-30-2017 01:34 PM
    Things that concern me is that some people are reporting issues with their phone after doing processes like you mention above.

I've jail broken many iPhones so the actual process does not concern me and have troubleshot my way out of trouble. But I'm wanting to have this pushed to the phone and update that way hopefully negating any possible issues.

What I want is for a Team at Samsung for the Un Branded and also a Team at the various relevant Networks for Branded phones to start the wheels in motion now.
    I did it with my S6 edge. I did it with my S7 too. If nougat is problematic then you WILL face problems either way. Like some people are having poor battery life and I'm having the best battery life ever. Experience will vary anyways.

But I understand where you're coming from. You want even more official than official

You'll have to wait then.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    01-30-2017 01:37 PM
    I have unlocked edge, G395U , bought it from Best buy, I'm using it on T-Mobile. Does anyone know if I will get Android 7.0 OTA?
    01-30-2017 02:36 PM
    I have the G935u as well, and on sammobile's website the latest firmware is still the security update for 6.0.1, so yes, it should be coming OTA at some point, but it's not available yet.
    01-30-2017 07:58 PM
    Hi, I have an unlocked phone and my phone does still not have a firmware listed on sammobile.com.
    01-31-2017 04:31 AM
    I don't ever check, I wait until the story hits Android Central, or a story of a part of the world getting it, then I check.
    BBSeattle likes this.
    01-31-2017 06:32 AM
    I have unlocked edge, G395U , bought it from Best buy, I'm using it on T-Mobile. Does anyone know if I will get Android 7.0 OTA?
    I have the G935u as well, and on sammobile's website the latest firmware is still the security update for 6.0.1, so yes, it should be coming OTA at some point, but it's not available yet.
    Not sure why Samsung delays updates for the 93xU variant. My 935F Exynos variant receives updates every month on the BTU CSC and works perfectly with all US GSM carriers.
    01-31-2017 05:00 PM
    Same....angst over an update will not get it here any quicker. The phone is faster and more capable as is than what I use it for...LOL

I don't ever check, I wait until the story hits Android Central, or a story of a part of the world getting it, then I check.
    01-31-2017 05:12 PM
77 1234