How many times a day do you check for nouget firmware

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Not sure I follow. Why is it "shame on Samsung"? Isn't it the carriers that are delaying it at this point?

Yes this can be the case.

Samsung send it to the Network. The Network test it and send it back. Samsung apply any requested changes and push it out.

But this is for Branded phones only.

I'm in the Uk with un branded phone and still waiting.

Samsung U.K advise its sent out in waves.

Paul Stoner 2

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Bottom line is I pay Verizon (US) for a service. Nougat has some very attractive and much needed changes to the UI, taking full advantage of the hardware (S7 Edge). It is now January 30th and still no sign of the Nougat Update. Verizon isn't talking, Samsung isn't talking. No one will say a thing about the upgrade to 7.0 / 7.1.1 (or whatever it may be IF be when it is released to the Verizon branded S7 Edge. The only thing ticking me off about the whole situation, is neither party is giving a timeline - if one even exists at this point.

Keeping customers in the dark is becoming a terrible process - especially when they pay hard earned $$$ for premium services...

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Those who have the unlocked version and haven't received the update, just download and flash. It is extremely simple. Trust me, I was scared too when I did it for the first time. But it's extremely easy.

YouTube 'Odin flash s7 edge tutorial'

All you have to do is to download the firmware from sammobile. Download a software called Odin. Connect your phone and click a button. That's all.

It doesn't trip knox. It's official firmware. It's not rooting or anything. Find the specific firmware on the site for your model and put it on download.

It's extremely simple. If I can do it so can everyone else.

There are zero amount of things which could go wrong actually. You just have to be careful about downloading the right firmware and that's it.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I agree....

...... this supposed staggered waved rollout is poor.

People who have it are reporting little or no bugs.

Samsung should be working on getting Nougat sent out much faster if nothing else to install some confidence back into their products.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Those who have the unlocked version and haven't received the update, just download and flash. It is extremely simple. Trust me, I was scared too when I did it for the first time. But it's extremely easy.

YouTube 'Odin flash s7 edge tutorial'

All you have to do is to download the firmware from sammobile. Download a software called Odin. Connect your phone and click a button. That's all.

It doesn't trip knox. It's official firmware. It's not rooting or anything. Find the specific firmware on the site for your model and put it on download.

It's extremely simple. If I can do it so can everyone else.

There are zero amount of things which could go wrong actually. You just have to be careful about downloading the right firmware and that's it.

Things that concern me is that some people are reporting issues with their phone after doing processes like you mention above.

I've jail broken many iPhones so the actual process does not concern me and have troubleshot my way out of trouble. But I'm wanting to have this pushed to the phone and update that way hopefully negating any possible issues.

What I want is for a Team at Samsung for the Un Branded and also a Team at the various relevant Networks for Branded phones to start the wheels in motion now.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Things that concern me is that some people are reporting issues with their phone after doing processes like you mention above.

I've jail broken many iPhones so the actual process does not concern me and have troubleshot my way out of trouble. But I'm wanting to have this pushed to the phone and update that way hopefully negating any possible issues.

What I want is for a Team at Samsung for the Un Branded and also a Team at the various relevant Networks for Branded phones to start the wheels in motion now.

I did it with my S6 edge. I did it with my S7 too. If nougat is problematic then you WILL face problems either way. Like some people are having poor battery life and I'm having the best battery life ever. Experience will vary anyways.

But I understand where you're coming from. You want even more official than official :D

You'll have to wait then.

slick5150

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the G935u as well, and on sammobile's website the latest firmware is still the security update for 6.0.1, so yes, it should be coming OTA at some point, but it's not available yet.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't ever check, I wait until the story hits Android Central, or a story of a part of the world getting it, then I check.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have unlocked edge, G395U , bought it from Best buy, I'm using it on T-Mobile. Does anyone know if I will get Android 7.0 OTA?
I have the G935u as well, and on sammobile's website the latest firmware is still the security update for 6.0.1, so yes, it should be coming OTA at some point, but it's not available yet.

Not sure why Samsung delays updates for the 93xU variant. My 935F Exynos variant receives updates every month on the BTU CSC and works perfectly with all US GSM carriers.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Same....angst over an update will not get it here any quicker. The phone is faster and more capable as is than what I use it for...LOL

I don't ever check, I wait until the story hits Android Central, or a story of a part of the world getting it, then I check.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for starting this post.. I only expected it to be for a few weeks.. Than we all would of been updated... Sadly not the case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech