phone 2 days old, dual sim model, sourced from Hong Kong, (didnt know that at time of order) eglobalcentral.co.uk. response from them does not sound promising.
    appears that I am not covered under manufacturers warranty due to phone being imported.
    problem is, phone will not switch on, screen showing the time when it all froze up, and also 81% battery showing, charge light a constant red, whether plugged into power or not, no buttons doing anything.
    any friendly wizards got advice or ideas?
    01-21-2017 02:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! So is it frozen on a screen, or does it appear powered off? If it's frozen on a screen, press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 15 seconds to force a shutdown. If it's powered off and won't seem to turn on, then try pressing and holding Power for about 10-15 seconds. Alternatively, see if you can boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30240
    pontiac005 and Morty2264 like this.
    01-21-2017 05:54 PM
    Thanks for that, seems to be niether on or off, red charge light is lit, a faded "always on" screen showing time and battery level, although this didnt change over the last 3 days now, just reading 00.08, with 81% battery. Any and all button pushes so far ineffective.
    Frustrating really, bought it from a UK website, but suspect now that they are a cowboy outfit, got an email from them this morning saying I had to post it to an address in Hong Kong and they would "look into it". website says they have a UK returns address, but they wont give it out. "buyer beware" I suppose, they also dont tell you on the website that as it is imported there is no manufacturers warranty. Why do I always attract the scammers. Oh yes! company is called "eglobalcentral.co.uk" and payment goes to a gmail address, so be warned people.
    01-24-2017 09:41 AM
    Now I am really confused B. Diddy, my phone has suddenly come to life again, left with the choice now of whether I can trust it or go back to carrying 2 phones with me. going to be a while longer before I give up my Z5.
    whichever way, I am happy to be a forum member now
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-24-2017 01:29 PM
    Now I am really confused B. Diddy, my phone has suddenly come to life again, left with the choice now of whether I can trust it or go back to carrying 2 phones with me. going to be a while longer before I give up my Z5.
    whichever way, I am happy to be a forum member now
    I'm glad your phone is usable now! Please keep us updated on what's happening with it. Have you made any further contact with the retailer?
    01-24-2017 01:42 PM
    I'm glad your phone is usable now! Please keep us updated on what's happening with it. Have you made any further contact with the retailer?
    Just a short email from the retailer giving me an address in Hong Kong and telling me to send it there for "further investigation", at my own cost I might add, no hint of replacement or refund (which I had originally requested)
    raised a complaint with paypal, so not allowed to contact the retailer again
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-24-2017 02:39 PM
    Just a short email from the retailer giving me an address in Hong Kong and telling me to send it there for "further investigation", at my own cost I might add, no hint of replacement or refund (which I had originally requested)
    raised a complaint with paypal, so not allowed to contact the retailer again
    I don't blame you at all for complaining - and the whole "at your own cost" thing is very unfortunate. I'm glad you raised a complaint with Paypal - hopefully they respond promptly with an adequate course of action.
    01-24-2017 04:11 PM
    If you still have the inclination, show us a screenshot of the Settings>About Phone menu, with the model number and that other information. http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. Counterfeit or clone phones are probably still a problem, and we might get a clue about it in that information (although it's probably too hard for a ripoff company to make a clone look like one of the Edge phones).
    01-24-2017 10:25 PM
    Hi B.Diddy,
    this is what I have(attachment)
    Model is SM G935FD
    Attached Thumbnails edge frozen and inoperable-screenshot_20170125-115804.jpg  
    01-25-2017 06:19 AM
    I've had a phone imported before and when it turned out to be faulty PayPal were great. Usually I ring them to let them know exactly what happened and they were really sympathetic. Sent phone back tracked and as soon as I requested PayPal to check the tracking status as it'd been delivered I got a refund. I'd ring them and tell them he won't give you the uk address to send it back to. You probably already know this but always send back by tracking. I always use RM Special delivery got my refund the next day.
    01-25-2017 06:36 AM
    Hmm, I can't really tell from that screenshot if there's anything fishy. But as I mentioned before, the likelihood of an Edge phone being counterfeit is pretty low, given its somewhat unique design.
    01-25-2017 05:10 PM