I was wondering if anyone knows why the phone keeps making a blank pictures type of folder in the gallery? I had an S7 edge with a red line in the screen, took it back and this is the refurb one they gave me but both phones do this. See picture. I delete this folder all of the time and it keeps coming back.
    Attached Thumbnails Blank pictures in the Gallery-screenshot_20170126-195903.jpg   Blank pictures in the Gallery-screenshot_20170126-223436.jpg  
    01-26-2017 10:33 PM
    Is it saving to Internal Storage or an SD card?
    01-27-2017 12:34 AM
    Is it saving to Internal Storage or an SD card?
    It says the path for those blank pics are /Storage/Emulated/0/Pictures
    01-27-2017 02:19 AM
    That's Internal. Do the photos you take actually get saved as well, or just these blank files?
    01-27-2017 09:45 AM
    That's Internal. Do the photos you take actually get saved as well, or just these blank files?
    Yes, the photos do get saved as well but it creates a few of these blanks when I take a picture. One day I took a few pictures and it saved them but then I had about 12 blanks. I was like damn.....
    01-27-2017 12:04 PM
    What happens if you connect the phone to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to explore that directory? What files do you see?

On my phone, the Pictures directory is where photos downloaded from Hangouts are saved, as well as screen capture images. Other apps probably use this directory as well for downloaded images.
    01-27-2017 08:20 PM
    I've seen this on the S7 my wife had previously. I did a factory reset - pain, I know - and that cleared the issue.

I suspect that something in the file system got messed up and it's causing corruption.
    01-27-2017 09:31 PM
    What happens if you connect the phone to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to explore that directory? What files do you see?

On my phone, the Pictures directory is where photos downloaded from Hangouts are saved, as well as screen capture images. Other apps probably use this directory as well for downloaded images.
    These are what comes up when I plug the phone using the USB. The computer won't open the files or recognize them.
    Attached Thumbnails Blank pictures in the Gallery-no-support.jpg   Blank pictures in the Gallery-no-support-2.jpg  
    01-30-2017 05:08 PM
    I've seen this on the S7 my wife had previously. I did a factory reset - pain, I know - and that cleared the issue.

I suspect that something in the file system got messed up and it's causing corruption.

That's weird. This happened on my other phone which ended up developing a pink line in the screen, so I took it back and this refurb is doing the same thing.
    01-30-2017 05:16 PM
    Do you know what is taking those pictures? Are they from the stock Camera app, or do you have a 3rd party camera app? The stock Camera app should be saving photos to the /DCIM/Camera directory, not Pictures.
    01-30-2017 05:48 PM
    Do you know what is taking those pictures? Are they from the stock Camera app, or do you have a 3rd party camera app? The stock Camera app should be saving photos to the /DCIM/Camera directory, not Pictures.
    Yeah, I am using the stock camera app. It shows the pictures I take using the stock camera app in the directory you specified except for those blank pictures that show up under "storage/emulated/0/pictures"
    01-30-2017 06:01 PM
    Sorry, but I'm stumped. Do those files actually take up any space?
    01-30-2017 07:07 PM
    Sorry, but I'm stumped. Do those files actually take up any space?
    I don't think they're taking up space or very little but the thing is when I use hangouts to send someone a picture or so, I have to scroll a little ways to get to the pictures I recently took. A bunch of white space is where the pictures should be and then I scroll aways until the pics pop up. A little annoying, so I just keep deleting those blanks over and over. I appreciate you trying to help though.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2017 08:27 PM
    I have it happen from time to time. Sometimes I believe it's due to other apps' pictures showing in the gallery. As an example, I use Untappd and will upload a picture from the gallery, then sometimes a picture like yours will show. It usually clears up in a day or so, but, the blank picture is the one that was saved by Untappd in its own folder. I haven't tested this extensively, just an observation.

Cheers!
    phillthedrill likes this.
    01-31-2017 08:05 AM
    It is probably a bug in some other app you have on the phone creating the files.

The format of the file names and the location indicate they are not from the stock camera.
    phillthedrill likes this.
    01-31-2017 08:52 AM
    It is probably a bug in some other app you have on the phone creating the files.

The format of the file names and the location indicate they are not from the stock camera.
    I could see that being a good possibility but I'll have to go through and see which app it would be. I have a ton of stuff disabled from EZ package disabler so I don't have many apps other than stock on there at all. Thanks for the idea.
    01-31-2017 04:49 PM