Is your S7 stuttering too? Mine does it mostly with recent apps screen. Not very happy about it. Never happened on Marshmallow. It used to be smooth as silk. Now it just stutters like crazy. Going in and out of recent apps screen.

And please understand that its not a performance issue. Samsung has made this animation a little jerky. I think. To my eyes. It's not lagging or anything.

Am I the only one?
    Is there anything I can do to make it better?
    01-27-2017 01:22 PM
    Have you tried...

Clearing your system cache

Or if that fails to help...

Back up and Factory Reset.
    01-27-2017 01:29 PM
    Chance you have app that is not yet updated to support N.
    01-27-2017 01:40 PM
    It's not an app. It's the animations which aren't working properly.

Does your S7 does it too?
    01-27-2017 01:43 PM
    I'm on nouget with an s7 edge. In my experience is silky smooth - far smoother than mm was for me anyways. I did a factory reset after install and I currently have over 10gb of system storage free - I think those 2 things make a difference. Really - for me anyway - nouget is a revelation on s7.
    01-27-2017 01:47 PM
    Is your S7 stuttering too? Mine does it mostly with recent apps screen. Not very happy about it. Never happened on Marshmallow. It used to be smooth as silk. Now it just stutters like crazy. Going in and out of recent apps screen.

Am I the only one?
    Which S7E do you have? Snapdragon or Exynos?

My Exynos is perfectly smooth.
    01-27-2017 01:49 PM

Am I the only one?
    I think your just missing the pixel already so you are trying to find something wrong on the edge. Haha!
    01-27-2017 01:50 PM
    I think your just missing the pixel already so you are trying to find something wrong on the edge. Haha!
    Hahaha no actually this recent apps screen is the only place where it's doing it. And I'm sure it does it with everyone. Only those who have come from the Pixel can notice it

But of course the performance was a non issue on the Pixel. But this isnt about that.
    01-27-2017 01:59 PM
    Which S7E do you have? Snapdragon or Exynos?

My Exynos is perfectly smooth.
    I have the exynos. And I did factory reset after the install. And it's not like it's stuttering because it's a performance issue. The animation itself is a little jerky. Like, Samsung made it that way.

When you exit the recent apps screen, the icons appear from thin air. In Marshmallow they used to fade in from above.

You get what I'm saying?

It's then animation that's jerky itself. Not a performance issue.
    01-27-2017 02:02 PM
    I've been running Nougat on my S7e for the past week and have had zero stuttering issues. In fact, performance has been much better since I've updated.
    popkurn611 likes this.
    01-27-2017 03:02 PM
    I have the exynos. And I did factory reset after the install. And it's not like it's stuttering because it's a performance issue. The animation itself is a little jerky. Like, Samsung made it that way.

When you exit the recent apps screen, the icons appear from thin air. In Marshmallow they used to fade in from above.

You get what I'm saying?

It's then animation that's jerky itself. Not a performance issue.
    So I just went and set the animation speed to the default 1x, and yep, I now see what you mean, there's a bit of a jerkiness about it.

Rather setup your Animations like this:
    01-27-2017 03:29 PM
    So I just went and set the animation speed to the default 1x, and yep, I now see what you mean, there's a bit of a jerkiness about it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...995b7bf471.jpg
    Thank you for this. Haha.
    01-27-2017 11:40 PM
    Yeah I can sort.of see what you mean when everything is set to 1x speed. Change the transition and animation scales to 0.5x and leave the window one at 1x. Looks lovely like that to me
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    01-28-2017 12:05 AM
    Yeah I can sort.of see what you mean when everything is set to 1x speed. Change the transition and animation scales to 0.5x and leave the window one at 1x. Looks lovely like that to me
    I just halved the transition scale and it has made things a little better. I hope Samsung fixes this in the next update. Which won't ever come now that they've released nougat.

The rest of the UI is a breeze.
    01-28-2017 12:59 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...995b7bf471.jpg
    Thanks for the answer Tsepz_GP!

I'm always taking down notes on these types of things in case i or a friend run into problems. Always nice to have the solution on hand. Never thought that something so simple like an animation speed would cause a problem
    01-29-2017 01:09 AM
    Thanks for the answer Tsepz_GP!

I'm always taking down notes on these types of things in case i or a friend run into problems. Always nice to have the solution on hand. Never thought that something so simple like an animation speed would cause a problem
    No no I think you misunderstood. It's when the animations are set to normal the problem is notable. To solve it you'll need to tweak the animations speed.
    01-29-2017 01:59 AM
    No no I think you misunderstood. It's when the animations are set to normal the problem is notable. To solve it you'll need to tweak the animations speed.
    100%. Maybe i just explained a little badly.

I just meant that, i would have never thought to change the animation speed since i would have seen 'Normal' so why change it to slower or faster to fix the problem. Therefore i probably would never solve it. Sorry for the badly worded message.
    01-29-2017 03:58 AM
    100%. Maybe i just explained a little badly.

I just meant that, i would have never thought to change the animation speed since i would have seen 'Normal' so why change it to slower or faster to fix the problem. Therefore i probably would never solve it. Sorry for the badly worded message.
    Oh I think I misunderstood as well

And most people don't think of the animation stutter as a problem. Like I said, it's not an animation lag, it's the way it's supposed to be. So maybe you won't even notice it.

Cheers.
    01-29-2017 05:58 AM

Am I the only one?
    I don't have nougat available yet. Mine had been stuttery for awhile now off and on
    01-29-2017 11:39 AM
    No problems for me whatsoever
    01-29-2017 12:53 PM
    Mine stutters and I don't have Nougat yet. Also have a note 5 and it does not stutter it's noticeably smoother
    01-30-2017 05:12 AM