02-06-2017 12:31 AM
85 1234
tools
    I got the S7 edge still, and S7 too. I'm currently using the V20. I enjoy the large, flat screen! I just wish it was AMOLED.

I will likely buy the 6.2 inch Galaxy. I just hope it's flat or if it is curved to be like the Note 7 was then.

Also I'm interested in what the Lg G6 will bring. I hear it's supposed to be a larger screen.
    01-30-2017 09:48 PM
    It sounds like you'd do well to jump on a Note 5 if you can find one. I also have a S7E, and don't like the edge display -- I kept the edge features turned off.
    Well, yes, I've looked into it. And the Note 4. I have been "enjoying expanded storage space" with a MicroSD card in the S7 Edge. Of course, the Note 5 doesn't have the capability. And without finding a 64GB Note 5, that is just not enough storage by any means. So, what about the Note 4? Yep, I could use a MicroSD card, but then I'd have to do without wireless charging. Oh, maybe with a case that added it, but I have doubts about availability of all that stuff these days. I would like a Note 8 non-edge, thank you Samsung. ;-)
    01-30-2017 10:00 PM
    I already have my s7edge as the backup phone currently. Using my Note 5.
    01-31-2017 04:17 AM
    I don't think you can make an intelligent decision until you see what they do! I may look at what Nokia, LG, Google, ?? does first. The S7 Edge is a great phone and I've enjoyed it but a recently took my old S6 Edge out and used it for a few days and I have to say that in everyday use it makes you realize the S7 improved in some areas but is not profoundly better. The S6 feels sized better, more comfortable in the hand, daytime outdoor pictures are definitely better, and with only a light install of core apps, the battery life crushes the S7. I see more lag with the S7 too. I'm sure wiping the S7 and starting over would yield different result it's not a slam dunk.
    anon(9408097) and jbjtkbw007 like this.
    01-31-2017 06:55 AM
    I'll retire the S7 Edge in a heartbeat. Coming from the Note 7 I find the S7E very sluggish. I can't wait to see it go. I was debating on going back to the Note 5, which is considerably better than the S7E, but I think I'll give the S8E a try until the Note 8 comes out. Then I'll be back in the Note world again.
    01-31-2017 01:02 PM
    I don't have the S7 Edge anymore but I would have to see a lot more details on the S8 to even consider it. If anything I would go with a Note but to be honest .. I will most likely keep my Pixel XL for awhile. I have upgraded phones non stop (every 2-3 months) for a year or two now... Kind of getting tired of dealing with it :P.
    amyf27 likes this.
    01-31-2017 01:13 PM
    Nope. I only ended up coming back to the s series because of the note 7 fiasco. I'm holding out until the note 8. The s8 does sound like it's going to be a beast though.
    same here, waiting for the note 8, but I won't be an early adapter this time,a wait and see approach this time
    01-31-2017 03:42 PM
    Nougat improved the navigation speed of the S7, but animations feels very laggy, the transitions, probably will get fixed.

I wanted the Mate 9 but i'll wait for P10 or mate 10 or something in between, no more samsung for me.
    anon(9408097) likes this.
    01-31-2017 05:21 PM
    Nougat improved the navigation speed of the S7, but animations feels very laggy, the transitions, probably will get fixed.

I wanted the Mate 9 but i'll wait for P10 or mate 10 or something in between, no more samsung for me.
    Agreed. Animations feel laggy. Hopefully they will get fixed.
    01-31-2017 10:55 PM
    Waiting for the Note8. I love my S7 Edge Duos, but it would be a lot more useful to own a Note. I will be waiting until the end of 2017 or the beginning of 2018 to buy it, though, just to get sure of no exploding issues with it. xD
    01-31-2017 11:59 PM
    I bet it would looking at the leaked pics of the screen. I cant wait to see the Note 8
    amyf27 likes this.
    02-01-2017 10:50 AM
    Yes.
    02-01-2017 12:11 PM
    Done with Samsung. Only Google(Pixel) moving forward. With an occasional iPhone here and there. Samsung and other vendors are giving Android a bad name. It's starting to be a mess.
    02-01-2017 05:23 PM
    Done with Samsung. Only Google(Pixel) moving forward. With an occasional iPhone here and there. Samsung and other vendors are giving Android a bad name. It's starting to be a mess.
    I have to disagree. I had Nexus 6, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6P and Pixel XL. I got S7 Edge couple months back and very happy with and is now my daily driver. Samsung came a long way compared to just less than 2 years back. They are actually getting better not worse. Just my opinion. I'm now waiting on Note 8.
    02-01-2017 06:57 PM
    The LG V20 is a great phone, you ahould give it a try if you haven't already. Perhaps like your mentioned occasional iphone, maybe try out the v20 too. I can see why you feel that way about Samsung with the double recall...that hit us all hard, those that got the Note 7 or attempted to preorder but it recalled before availability.
    02-01-2017 07:39 PM
    Yup. You bet! 😎
    02-01-2017 08:49 PM
    I know we are in speculation mode right now, but if the rumors hold true, will upgrading to the S8 be a consideration for you? This article touts the S8 as the best smartphone under development.

Samsung Galaxy S8's awesome new feature was almost DITCHED | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express
    Nope....waiting on N8
    02-03-2017 11:20 AM
    I'm wondering if there will be a discount to previous note 7 owners, like there is in Korea.
    02-03-2017 11:56 AM
    Will definitely want to upgrade just for speed and reliability. I've used the Pixel. Now on S7 edge. Samsung really needs to pull up their socks when it comes to performance and software optimisation. Pixel is on another level when it comes to usability.
    I am on S7 Edge in UK with O2 carrier, love the phone but I am thinking maybe a Pixel next time round. The time delay in updates is far too long! They need to speed things up otherwise it is a sure way to haemorrhage update hungry users like me!
    02-03-2017 02:10 PM
    I am on S7 Edge in UK with O2 carrier, love the phone but I am thinking maybe a Pixel next time round. The time delay in updates is far too long! They need to speed things up otherwise it is a sure way to haemorrhage update hungry users like me!
    Hemorrhage? More like a very minor paper cut in the grand scheme of things for smartphone vendors. The number of users waiting with bated breath for every new update is minuscule in the larger market and the percentage of that small number is who would change is probably not that large, either. Most people I know could care less or even don't want updates - "They just screw things up!" A botched release will do them far greater harm in the larger market than any delay will.
    02-03-2017 03:01 PM
    I've learn to appreciated the Galaxy S line but I'll be going back to the Note as soon as it's released...
    02-03-2017 04:00 PM
    Samsung seems to incorporate most new features of an upcoming OS into their devices before the newest version of Android is even announced. I don't miss nor long for updates. There was a time when updates were sorely needed. Those days thankfully are long gone.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    02-03-2017 04:03 PM
    Hemorrhage? More like a very minor paper cut in the grand scheme of things for smartphone vendors. The number of users waiting with bated breath for every new update is minuscule in the larger market and the percentage of that small number is who would change is probably not that large, either. Most people I know could care less or even don't want updates - "They just screw things up!" A botched release will do them far greater harm in the larger market than any delay will.
    Yup, majority don't care and don't even want the updates.

I have had Nexus 6, 5x, 6P and Pixel XL. Now on CORAL BLUE S7 Edge. I upgrade every year and sometimes twice a year. Don't even need the OS update on current phone as Ill be getting it with the latest phone to come out. For me, next phone will be Note 8 (if I can resist S8 that is lol)
    amyf27 likes this.
    02-03-2017 05:59 PM
    Yup, majority don't care and don't even want the updates.
    This is true. Most consumers don't mind -- us phone nerds do :P.
    02-03-2017 09:22 PM
    Samsung seems to incorporate must new features of an upcoming OS into their devices before the newest version of Android is even announced. I don't miss nor long for updates. There was a time when updates were sorely needed. Those days thankfully are long gone.
    I've been waiting for the AOD version that I had on my N7 since Samsung forced me to return it. Drives me crazy. The S7E AOD is almost useless as I have to turn on the screen to see if I actually have any notifications. They should have updated that months ago.
    02-03-2017 11:24 PM
85 1234