Will the S8 Be Enough to Sway You to Retire the S7 Edge?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've grown fond of the singular physical button on the front at the bottom. I like my S7 Edge a lot. It would take an amazing replacement for me to retire my S7 Edge.

I like the thought of a rear fingerprint sensor on the S8! That plus incremental upgrades in the camera, processor, and Nougat will make a great phone even better!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the thought of a rear fingerprint sensor on the S8! That plus incremental upgrades in the camera, processor, and Nougat will make a great phone even better!

Yes, those are all great attributes. I'm a religious Mophie case user. If I lean towards the S8, I hope Mophie designs a case that allows the phone to capture my thumb print.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I only ended up coming back to the s series because of the note 7 fiasco. I'm holding out until the note 8. The s8 does sound like it's going to be a beast though.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I'll be sticking with my S7 Edge until late next year.

The 3600mah battery, IP68 protection, compact size and lovely display with front FPS will keep me happy for a while.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'll buy into what ticks my want and needs boxes.

One of the better choices I've made was to move from my iPhone 6 Plus to the S7 edge.

As I always do I'll watch and wait..

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Will definitely want to upgrade just for speed and reliability. I've used the Pixel. Now on S7 edge. Samsung really needs to pull up their socks when it comes to performance and software optimisation. Pixel is on another level when it comes to usability.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Sold your current s7 edge before the s8 is launched and everything is confirmed in the way of looks and features !
He took advantage of the S7 Edges current popularity.

If he sold it after the S8 was announced he'd have sold it at a much lower price, IMO.

A lot of iPhone users do this, a good month or 2 before the next model is announced they sell the current model at damn near the price they got it.

offsidebowler

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
The leaks look promising, so yeah, probably. It'll easily be the best looking device ever. I could be tempted way from Sammy altogether but I can't see anything on the horizon that looks that exciting.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Not likely. I'm waiting for the Note 8. Although I must say that I've been pleased with my 7 Edge. It's a great phone.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Not likely. I'm waiting for the Note 8. Although I must say that I've been pleased with my 7 Edge. It's a great phone.
Yep, coral blue s7 edge here and waiting on note 8. S8 leaks looking great and that only means even greater things awaiting note 8.