Now phase two. From what I've seen in the past, this usually happens no more than about 2 weeks before release

T-Mobile Testing
    Software Version: Android 7.0 "Nougat"
    T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update.
    amyf27 and IAmSixNine like this.
    01-28-2017 08:20 AM
    Now phase two. From what I've seen in the past, this usually happens no more than about 2 weeks before release

T-Mobile Testing
    T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update.
    That's good news. Hopefully everything goes smooth in testing for release.
    01-28-2017 10:07 AM
    It bugs me that my S7 edge still has the November security patch and not December or January.
    Alanhd likes this.
    01-28-2017 05:21 PM
    Agreed. It's my biggest sore point with Android: the inability to have current patches. Too bad this isn't offered as a service: for $12/yr, you are guaranteed monthly patches and updates. I'd pay
    pontiac005 likes this.
    01-28-2017 06:51 PM
    So would I. I wish there was an option to be a beta tester 24/7 too.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    02-01-2017 06:28 PM
    My husband has an iPhone 6 (not even the 6s, the 6) and he's had several updates in the 9 months he's had the phone. Android is much fewer and farther between as far as updates and patches go.
    02-01-2017 07:37 PM
    I bought a galaxy S7 edge G395u model unlocked from Best Buy and I'm using it on Tmobile. Do you guys know if I will get the android 7.0 update from Tmobile over the air?
    02-02-2017 03:32 AM
    I'm curious also ...I was on T-Mobile but installed the g935U on my phone
    02-02-2017 11:03 AM
    Agreed. It's my biggest sore point with Android: the inability to have current patches. Too bad this isn't offered as a service: for $12/yr, you are guaranteed monthly patches and updates. I'd pay
    Get a Google phone (like the Pixel) and then you can have that :P. Sadly the carrier branded phones have to go from Google -> Manufacturer -> Carrier -> then finally you.
    02-02-2017 11:43 AM
    Get a Google phone (like the Pixel) and then you can have that :P. Sadly the carrier branded phones have to go from Google -> Manufacturer -> Carrier -> then finally you.
    Pixel XL had sold out for months, especially the 128gb
    02-02-2017 11:45 AM
    Pixel XL had sold out for months, especially the 128gb
    Yeah back-orders suck and it happens -- I am just letting him know that is the only way to have "guaranteed updates" right away.
    02-02-2017 11:47 AM
    I bought a galaxy S7 edge G395u model unlocked from Best Buy and I'm using it on Tmobile. Do you guys know if I will get the android 7.0 update from Tmobile over the air?
    The update for the unlocked US model will come from Samsung. Samsung said there will be quarterly updates so it will probably be a few months before we get it on this phone.
    02-02-2017 04:55 PM
    No way unlocked s7 edge us versions get it few months later when T-Mobile almost ready
    02-02-2017 05:58 PM
    Sounds good. Once it drops I will just flash that firmware on my ATT edge. I am already on U firmware so changing to Tmobile Fw will be easy.
    02-06-2017 06:37 AM
    I was in the Beta test, but on Verizon, so I still have the earlier Beta version (and have had absolutely no issues with it at all...and my battery life has been radically better with it).

At the end of the Beta testing in December, they stated that testers were supposed to get the official release first. Some in Europe seemed to, but I haven't seen anyone on the US carriers (TMO or Sprint) indicate they receieved it. Has anyone on TMO recieved the official release after participating in the Beta test? Maybe I misunderstood the timing? It sure read as though the testers would get the release immenently (as the Eurpoean testers did).
    02-06-2017 08:24 AM
    I wonder if nougat will be able to stop my intermittent issue with the pull down notification screen not working at all. It's doing it again today. I'm going to restart the phone and about 99% sure that quick fix will work again. Just a pain having to do that. My note 5 works fantastically, but the battery life isn't great
    02-07-2017 04:59 AM
    I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T and am glad I did. It would be great to see Nougat in 2 weeks.
    02-07-2017 07:45 AM
    I wonder if nougat will be able to stop my intermittent issue with the pull down notification screen not working at all. It's doing it again today. I'm going to restart the phone and about 99% sure that quick fix will work again. Just a pain having to do that. My note 5 works fantastically, but the battery life isn't great
    I've had that happen on two S7 Edges. Simply turning off the screen and turning it back on fixes it. Never needed to restart the phone.
    02-07-2017 11:15 PM

T-Mobile Testing
    Nice. Was wondering what the avg time it stays in testing phase was. For some reason thought it was a month or so.
    02-09-2017 04:35 AM