I have an S7 Edge with Verizon and I have a Motorola X Pure Edition, unlocked, with AT&T. Both run Android 6.x.x.

When apps that are saved to the SD card in my Moto XPE and go through an update, they remain on my SD card.

When apps that are saved to the SD card on my GS7 and go through an update, the apps go back onto internal memory. Then I have to go into my application settings and place it back on to SD card storage.

Does anyone know a way to have apps saved to the GS7 SD card stay in the SD card after an update? Thanks!
    02-01-2017 06:09 AM
    Unfortunately there is no way to keep the apps in the SD card after an update. Either way, only a partial of the app is saved onto the card, not the entire app itself. It needs to revert to internal storage for updating since the app has been split in storage from the card to the memory.
    02-01-2017 07:49 AM
    Unfortunately there is no way to keep the apps in the SD card after an update. Either way, only a partial of the app is saved onto the card, not the entire app itself. It needs to revert to internal storage for updating since the app has been split in storage from the card to the memory.
    My Moto XPE is able to do that. Once I save an app to my SD card in my XPE, I never have to relocate it again. I was wondering if the S7E had that capability and I just wasn't finding it.
    02-01-2017 07:54 AM
    No I have not found a way to do that.... BUT... I have a (cumbersome) workaround

I use an app called AppMgr III that will scan your apps and let you know which ones can be moved to SD. When you tap the notification it will bring to you to the Application Info app for that app and from there you choose "storage" then "Change" then "External storage". It's very inelegant but it's the only app I have found that will auto scan and detect even after an app has been updated to let you know that it can be moved to external storage.
    02-02-2017 04:53 PM