How do I move music albums I purchased from the play store to my SD card?
    02-02-2017 03:58 AM
    Although I've yet to attempt this myself, I'm under the assumption that when you download a file, it is then saved within your device via a predetermined area/folder as created by your device. From this location, one would need to transfer or locate the files either by searching the device yourself or allowing the media player to search the device for you. Once you've located the supported files, you may need to connect to your computer in order to move/relocate these files to your SD card.

However, it may not be necessary to relocate the files assuming the device can access the files and play the tracks. if you're just looking to save space, as I mentioned above, you may need to connect your device to your computer, open two windows, one showing the device and the other showing the location of the files. Create a music folder if one has not already been created then drag those files over and into the SD card music folder.
    02-02-2017 05:50 AM
    There are two locations, both labeled Music on your device. One is in the phones memory and the other is on the SD Card.

My method involves plugging the phone into my laptop, and using my desktop music program (in Windows, i prefer Windows Media Player... I'm old fashioned) to sync to my SD card.

This not a one-step process; you have make sure your phone is unlocked. If you have a newer device like my S7E, then you have to use the pull-down menu to tell the phone to allow access to data (otherwise it defaults to charge-only) and on your computer, be sure you are syncing to the SD card and not the phones memory if that's where you want it stood.

Alternatively, if your SD card is easily removable, you can turn of the phone, remove it, then plug it into your computer using the appropriate adapter, and then sync or transfer music files directly to the Music folder.

I'm sure there are ways to do this through Wi-Fi, but I have experience with that (I am aware that you can download some music directly from Amazon Prime Music, but I haven't tried that either).
    02-02-2017 07:24 AM
    I cannot locate where on the phone the files are located and there is no MUSIC folder on the SD card.
    02-02-2017 07:56 AM
    Hmm. Have you actually used a music player on the phone?

What kind of phone is it?
    02-02-2017 08:06 AM
    I normally go to the Google play store on chrome from the phone. Put the browser on desktop mode then download each song to the internal memory then move all the songs to my SD card. It might be easier to download the songs to your computer and then put the SD card though.
    02-02-2017 08:26 AM
    Hmm. Have you actually used a music player on the phone?

What kind of phone is it?
    I've used Google Play and a few others. I'm using my S7 Edge. I'm just looking for where the files are downloaded to from the Plat Store so I can move them to the SD card.
    02-02-2017 10:23 AM
    Hrm. I a Music folder in the root directory of both the device and the SD card when looking via My Files.

It's entirely possible these aren't stock but rather created by, Windows Media Player... In any case, Google Play Music recognizes music stored in those folders, so if you don't have one currently, you should be able to create the folder and drop your music into it and be able to see it from within Google Play Music.
    02-02-2017 10:47 AM
    I normally go to the Google play store on chrome from the phone. Put the browser on desktop mode then download each song to the internal memory then move all the songs to my SD card. It might be easier to download the songs to your computer and then put the SD card though.
    Where in internal memory are the songs put?
    02-02-2017 10:47 AM
    Where in internal memory are the songs put?
    If you download them from chrome the mp3's will be in the download folder
    02-02-2017 05:54 PM
    If you download them from chrome the mp3's will be in the download folder
    I went to the Play Store on Android 6.0.1 and purchased an album. They downloaded, no browsers involved, but cannot locate the folder or files.
    02-02-2017 07:16 PM
    Have you actually searched your phone?

Open your My Files app and search for a song name
    02-02-2017 07:58 PM
    Have you actually searched your phone?

Open your My Files app and search for a song name
    Did that, no luck.
    02-02-2017 08:25 PM
    So, what you're saying is that your phone hates you and is fighting you every turn?

Maybe it doesn't like your taste in music?

I'm kidding, of course. I wish I could tell you what is going on, but I am out of ideas here.
    02-02-2017 08:52 PM
    Same problem with a friend of mine. She bought a song and download to her pixel XL but we could not locate on the phone. No matter where we look and even flat out search, simply nothing comes back. So strange and frustrating.
    02-02-2017 10:31 PM
    I went to the Play Store on Android 6.0.1 and purchased an album. They downloaded, no browsers involved, but cannot locate the folder or files.
    I was told they are hidden on your internal memory when you just download from the store.the files are encrypted. That's why you do it through the browser.
    02-02-2017 11:10 PM
    Here's the thread where I asked about downloading from the play store . https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=622754
    02-02-2017 11:57 PM
    Here's the thread where I asked about downloading from the play store . https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=622754
    Thanks so much.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    02-03-2017 12:54 AM
    Thanks so much.
    Found it.

In the Android folder.

com.google.android.music

No song names but files with .mp3 extensions.

Thanks everyone for the help.
    02-03-2017 02:45 PM
    Another option is to open it on the desktop and download library and it will give you all of your music but it will all be labeled with the proper metadata. The reason I say the whole library is because it only allows you to download a song 3 times, even if you own it, but the whole library as many times as you want. Play Music is a horrible app.
    02-08-2017 10:06 AM