02-09-2017 04:47 PM
111 12345
tools
    I don't even know why we get excited for updates. Look at the history of updates, it takes a phone we all praise and love and screws something up. Recent look at note 5, great phone, update comes out and battery life is a huge complaint even after resets.

I agree, vast majority of people don't care about the updates and probably wish they wouldn't get updated, they have a phone and they are happy with it and it works fine. In fact I know that's the case, everyone I know don't know what I'm talking about with software and look at me with blank stares when I'm talking about updates. Eveyone I know basically use their phones for texting, a little web browsing, and flashlight. And when they get a update dumped on them, they usually are ๐Ÿ˜  mad, something isn't working right, and then they save up for new phone... Hence why I've said the conspiracy part of me says that's the plan of phone companies issuing updates around the release of the next new phone.
    I can definitely see what you're saying. Sometimes my phone would get an update and I'm thinking, "Wow! So cool!" and other times, I shake my head and wonder why I ever downloaded it, because X isn't working the way it used to. But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles with software updates!

My favourite "update story" was when my LG G3's battery life was horrific and the major update at the time completely fixed that issue. No clue how or why, but my battery/charging experiences were great for a long time.
    02-04-2017 09:42 AM
    @ToddK LOVE THE DRUMS, and the Elmo! Haha.
    ToddK likes this.
    02-04-2017 09:43 AM
    @ToddK LOVE THE DRUMS, and the Elmo! Haha.
    Elmo keeps varmints out of the bass drum... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2017 09:46 AM
    Elmo keeps varmints out of the bass drum...
    Haha! Are you in a band?
    02-04-2017 09:48 AM
    Elmo keeps varmints out of the bass drum... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Haha! Are you in a band?
    02-04-2017 09:48 AM
    Not any more... Retired.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2017 09:54 AM
    Not any more... Retired.
    My brother was in a band too! I was his biggest fan! Nice that you still have the kit!
    02-04-2017 10:02 AM
    Looking at your your thread/post history it looks like you've owned every major Samsung flagship. If you weren't aware by now what you were getting (regarding updates) well, that's on you not Samsung. You have started 4 threads regarding "Where's my Nougat" in a matter of a few days, a bit overkill don't you think?
    02-04-2017 10:03 AM
    My brother was in a band too! I was his biggest fan! Nice that you still have the kit!
    Still play every day. It's my therapy. Couldn't stop if I wanted to... It's like breathing. :-). Over 50 years now. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2017 10:06 AM
    Still play every day. It's my therapy. Couldn't stop if I wanted to... It's like breathing. :-). Over 50 years now. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2017 10:10 AM
    That's great! The music bug never leaves!
    ToddK likes this.
    02-04-2017 10:13 AM
    Man, talk about hitting it out of the park....that much dread and angst over an update. I wish that was my biggest life problem as well.

Look ma, just got the new S7 Edge and it's the most besterest phone ever!!!! Wait, there's an update and I don't have it.....piece of crap!!!!

How many threads like this are you gonna start? Is this #3 or 4?

I don't know about you, but my Galaxy S7 Edge is running just fine.... It has all the features I've ever needed, (and many more I am amazed at, but don't need want or use!) . ... And, it was like that when I bought it.....

I don't think the next OS update going to change it all that much... ...And if it's buggy, could screw it up.... It has before, in my experience.

So, why rush it? What good could come from an OS update that makes things worse, not better. No one wants/needs that. I sure don't.

Maybe, you just need to find another Hobby... Maybe go for a nice long walk.... maybe volunteer for a charity for the less fortunate, or maybe become a big brother... That is -very- rewarding. (I know, from 20 years experience)

It'll get here when it gets here... in all the ******** and moaning in the world isn't going to change that.

Cheers.
    02-04-2017 10:13 AM

I don't know about you, but my Galaxy S7 Edge is running just fine.... It has all the features I've ever needed, (and many more I am amazed at, but don't need want or use!) . ... And, it was like that when I bought it.....

I don't think the next OS update going to change it all that much... ...And if it's buggy, could screw it up.... It has before, in my experience.

So, why rush it? What good could come from an OS update that makes things worse, not better. No one wants/needs that. I sure don't.

Maybe, you just need to find another Hobby... Maybe go for a nice long walk.... maybe volunteer for a charity for the less fortunate, or maybe become a big brother... That is -very- rewarding. (I know, from 20 years experience)

It'll get here when it gets here... in all the ******** and moaning in the world isn't going to change that.

Cheers.
    I'm happy Samsung seems to be cautious with the rollout of Nougat - it means they want to have a productive year and are hoping to make up for what happened last year. I'm sure the update will be worth the wait!
    ToddK and amyf27 like this.
    02-04-2017 10:16 AM

I don't know about you, but my Galaxy S7 Edge is running just fine.... It has all the features I've ever needed, (and many more I am amazed at, but don't need want or use!) ๐Ÿ˜‰. ... And, it was like that when I bought it.....

Maybe, you just need to find another Hobby... Maybe go for a nice long walk.... maybe volunteer for a charity for the less fortunate, or maybe become a big brother... That is -very- rewarding. (I know, from 20 years experience) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers.
    I'm happy Samsung seems to be cautious with the rollout of Nougat - it means they want to have a productive year and are hoping to make up for what happened last year. I'm sure the update will be worth the wait!
    ToddK and BBSeattle like this.
    02-04-2017 10:16 AM
    Looking at your your thread/post history it looks like you've owned every major Samsung flagship. If you weren't aware by now what you were getting (regarding updates) well, that's on you not Samsung. You have started 4 threads regarding "Where's my Nougat" in a matter of a few days, a bit overkill don't you think?
    There should be a stickie - "I'm mad about not getting the latest Android update!". This pops up every update cycle with multiple threads with the same rants. Keep it to one thread that grows to 10,000 pages - or posters can just go in and edit their earlier entries, changing the name of the OS to the latest one they're angry about (and change the name of the phone they're going to switch to).
    BBSeattle, ToddK and sweetypie31 like this.
    02-04-2017 10:21 AM
    I would love to get into the beta program but there is no way to sign up now, you had to do it months ago. They even removed the app from the store.
    You don't need to have signed up in the Beta program to install it. Just check the threads in XDA. Download the .zip to an SD card, rename, boot into recovery, and install the .zip from SD card. QED. The only real benefit to signing up was to participate in the threads and provide feedback but since the program is over who cares.
    02-04-2017 11:17 AM
    Yes, post a YouTube video of smashing your Samsung and buying an iPhone at the same time. It will work for sure.
    ToddK likes this.
    02-04-2017 11:27 AM
    I had every note.. Got frequent updates In the past.. pretty much same time me as everyone else. Loved the features that it made it different from iPhone like removable battery. Ir blaster . hdmi etc. Big screen.yes I'm expecting more for a 1000 dollars. Sure, if it was 200 dollars sure I wouldn't expect updates. But the carriers are not delaying the updates. Samsung has had six months plus to update this phone. At least keep us on the loop whats going on. I read in other countries samsung are loosing sales Inc USA and some parts of Asia.. I am a phone junkie and just seams a shame that Samsung may end up like Nokia or Blackberry due to the attitude towards customers.. It's not just me look at the many complaints from other forums.androidcentral.com why UK, France Korea have had there updates now for a month now and it seems no problems.
    Yes I'mooming forward to looking get battery and may other improvements.... Sorry for so many posts but my first one about how often checking for updates I didn't expect it it go on for a month.
    I still feel if we could sell complain to Samsung maybe just maybe they would change there marking. By the way I also lecture expats in Asia on mobile phones and many people feel the same
    02-04-2017 11:40 AM
    Well Samsung can limit that now. They've grown financially to the point where they can say forget it stay out of our stuff.
    02-04-2017 11:42 AM
    Sorry, this S7 Edge is easily the best, most beautiful, most feature-packed phone on the market for my money. The last thing I'll do is "boycott."
    sparksd, BBSeattle, ToddK and 1 others like this.
    02-04-2017 11:43 AM
    Go install the beta if you couldn't wait.
    ToddK likes this.
    02-04-2017 01:39 PM
    I haven't been using my S7 Edge that has the beta on it so it's just been sitting there on standby. On standby, it's at 3 days, 22 hours with one hour screen time with 33% battery left. I have a sim card in it from T-Mobile. When I put a sim card in it from AT&T, my battery life cuts in half.
    Wow how is that possible? Service related obviously. I have at&t and don't see any difference in the crappy battery life I get on the s7 edge
    02-04-2017 02:13 PM
    I've noticed that my battery consumption is back to when I first got my phone with Nougat so it's worth the update just for this.
    I've only had my S7E for 4 months or so now, but the battery consumption has not changed even a little. It is the best at managing power of any phone I've ever owned, and it continues to be. Stock, non-rooted, MM. Very impressive.
    thecomicbookandme and ToddK like this.
    02-04-2017 02:22 PM
    Wow how is that possible? Service related obviously. I have at&t and don't see any difference in the crappy battery life I get on the s7 edge
    The service I get in my area on AT&T is seriously bad. I can watch the signal go from LTE to 4G and and many times, no signal. T-Mobile has my area covered and no carrier can match their service quality here.

Anyways, the update will get here when it gets here. Not in a hurry.
    02-04-2017 02:37 PM
    Sorry, this S7 Edge is easily the best, most beautiful, most feature-packed phone on the market for my money. The last thing I'll do is "boycott."
    Couldn't agree more... Stunning, really
    hasasimo, anon(5630457) and jejb like this.
    02-04-2017 04:06 PM
111 12345