Well done Samsung the most expensive phone with the last nougat (almost) for a top smart phone

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Other OEMs including HTC, Moto and Sony have also delayed Nougat on some devices. There must have been an issue found.

I know, reading about it had really made me depressed about the current state of Android updates. I'm seriously considering Pixel or iPhone this year.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I know, reading about it had really made me depressed about the current state of Android updates. I'm seriously considering Pixel or iPhone this year.

Apple isn't perfect. iOS v10 introduced a problem in the iPad Air 2 where the screen orientation will lock up and can only be corrected with a soft reset/restart. It's really irritating and still exists in 10.3 Beta. I'm not having any issues with my S7 Edge.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Apple isn't perfect. iOS v10 introduced a problem in the iPad Air 2 where the screen orientation will lock up and can only be corrected with a soft reset/restart. It's really irritating and still exists in 10.3 Beta. I'm not having any issues with my S7 Edge.

I know as I have an iPad Air 2 and have experienced that bug before (not so far in 10.3 beta though). I know Apple aren't flawless but I've experienced bugs in the GS7 Nougat beta too - which I'm still on as Samsung hasn't issued an OTA update yet, over a month after it was supposed to have ended.

I'm very reluctant to go iPhone though due to iOS's terrible notification management. I want to stay Android so I hope Google can convince me that it's worth sticking around.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Android needs updates like Apple does no reason waiting for updates to come out. Apple sends out updates to almost every device with no issue.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I almost wonder if they keep delaying it on purpose in order to help the S8 sales. So people want the 7.0 will simply have to buy an S8 then.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't blame the carriers. Samsung let's all these carriers on their phones. They sell more phones then Apple does and Apple doesn't let the carriers touch their phones
While this is true Android as a platform allows this. Apple isn't open at all so it's easy for them to say no and go.. whereas Android allows carriers and manufacturers to make their own "tweaks" to the software.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Updates Apple wins hands down. They don't let the carriers touch it, and add all the crap. The way Android is open for carriers and phone companies to add their tweaks is androids worse enemy. So what sets Android apart from Apple is androids downfall, it's a double edge sword we are here for freedom to tweak, but update time we pay the price.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The approach to take with Samsung is to buy the phone knowing that you like it as it is out-the-box,as chances are it will stay like that for a while.

That said, most phone manufacturers have not been good at rolling out Nougat globally. Most phones that came out around the same time as the S7 only got their Nougat updates last month.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Updates Apple wins hands down. They don't let the carriers touch it, and add all the crap. The way Android is open for carriers and phone companies to add their tweaks is androids worse enemy. So what sets Android apart from Apple is androids downfall, it's a double edge sword we are here for freedom to tweak, but update time we pay the price.

I agree Apple do well with iOS releases and Networks don't have a hand in the release although they do have a hand in Carrier Updates which adds and removes features the Networks stipulate.

Apple have their issues with iOS releases which I've experienced from owning the iPhone 4 from launch date to the iPhone 6 Plus. Issues such as initial server crashes / melt down, failed updates, Wifi failure, Network connection failure, updates that have been pushed out for older iPhones that really in the light of day shouldn't have been as some can't properly handle it ,and or certain new features omitted. They seem to want to focus on not having too many iPhones on different iOS versions i.e. Not as fractured as android. This can result in phones suffering with horrible stutter, lag,battery problems etc. I remember having to turn quite a few things off in several iPhones to combat the issues faced !

That said it would be pro active if in our case Samsung released some form of information onto the current status of the Nougat release.

I think we all understand things happen which can cause delays.

Communication is Key.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
A total disgrace and not carriers fault

Phandroid
Samsung rep says not all regions will get Nougat this quarter
by Ashley King / Today, 6:43 AM
Samsung has been beta testing Nougat for what seems like months and the rollout has started in the United States, but not all regions will get the Nougat update this quarter, according to one customer? mer service rep.
CommentsVisit website

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't we all complain to Samsung... Or boycott their next phone

Nearly one 1000 dollars and this supports is not acceptable.. Don't give me Rubbish thryevarrvtooo busy making new phones with a support of two years if you are lucky... What's the best and most advanced Chinese phone out there with full support. There are many things wrong with iPhone and some minor glitches with updates... But they get them for years and hold there value.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't we all complain to Samsung... Or boycott their next phone

So what in particular are you not happy with Howard?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: A total disgrace and not carriers fault

Looking increasingly unlikely for the Aussie models SM-G930F before the S8 gets released (which would be a marketing ploy in my opinion). My S6 is still on September security patch....

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what percentage of Android owners know or care what version they're running, or when the next big update is coming? Well under 1% would be my guess. Can't see it being delayed swaying many folks to change brands, and I'd guess Samsung sees it that way too. Getting it wrong and having mass issues after releasing the update is something they can't afford, especially in light of the N7 issues.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The only people that care about the frequency of updates are the people here in these forums and they/we are a tiny minority...

The update will come when it's ready, stable and the carrier's are done mucking it up.

... In the meantime my gs7e works wonderfully. I have many other hobbies and interests to keep me busy....

I think I'll start -here- today 😎... oh, and I hear there's a football game tomorrow. 😉

964380c3283a2f13f96ff9aae4aa4458.jpg

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't we all complain to Samsung... Or boycott their next phone

Find a hobby.

I hear video games are very popular these days. 😎😂

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: A total disgrace and not carriers fault

How many threads like this are you gonna start? Is this #3 or 4?

I don't know about you, but my Galaxy S7 Edge is running just fine.... It has all the features I've ever needed, (and many more I am amazed at, but don't need want or use!) 😉. ... And, it was like that when I bought it.....

I don't think the next OS update going to change it all that much... ...And if it's buggy, could screw it up.... It has before, in my experience.

So, why rush it? What good could come from an OS update that makes things worse, not better. No one wants/needs that. I sure don't.

Maybe, you just need to find another Hobby... Maybe go for a nice long walk.... maybe volunteer for a charity for the less fortunate, or maybe become a big brother... That is -very- rewarding. (I know, from 20 years experience) 😉

It'll get here when it gets here... in all the ******** and moaning in the world isn't going to change that.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol