Well done Samsung the most expensive phone with the last nougat (almost) for a top smart phone

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that my battery consumption is back to when I first got my phone with Nougat so it's worth the update just for this.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: A total disgrace and not carriers fault

How many threads like this are you gonna start? Is this #3 or 4?

I don't know about you, but my Galaxy S7 Edge is running just fine.... It has all the features I've ever needed, (and many more I am amazed at, but don't need want or use!) 😉. ... And, it was like that when I bought it.....

I don't think the next OS update going to change it all that much... ...And if it's buggy, could screw it up.... It has before, in my experience.

So, why rush it? What good could come from an OS update that makes things worse, not better. No one wants/needs that. I sure don't.

Maybe, you just need to find another Hobby... Maybe go for a nice long walk.... maybe volunteer for a charity for the less fortunate, or maybe become a big brother... That is -very- rewarding. (I know, from 20 years experience) 😉

It'll get here when it gets here... in all the ******** and moaning in the world isn't going to change that.

Cheers.
I have sideloaded nougat and I can tell you it's not buggy, so for the delay to occur is inexcusable. It's quite an improvement from marshmallow so I'd be frustrated as well. Many of us techies want the latest and greatest on their devices. I mean we spend $700+ dollars on these devices. Apple, Google, and Motorola all come out with timely updates except Samsung. It's a big downfall for the company and I'm starting to steer away from buying Samsung devices.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't we all complain to Samsung... Or boycott their next phone

You're that pissed over a software update. You knew that when you bought a Samsung device come on

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't even know why we get excited for updates. Look at the history of updates, it takes a phone we all praise and love and screws something up. Recent look at note 5, great phone, update comes out and battery life is a huge complaint even after resets.

I agree, vast majority of people don't care about the updates and probably wish they wouldn't get updated, they have a phone and they are happy with it and it works fine. In fact I know that's the case, everyone I know don't know what I'm talking about with software and look at me with blank stares when I'm talking about updates. Eveyone I know basically use their phones for texting, a little web browsing, and flashlight. And when they get a update dumped on them, they usually are 😠 mad, something isn't working right, and then they save up for new phone... Hence why I've said the conspiracy part of me says that's the plan of phone companies issuing updates around the release of the next new phone.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

You've made your point in multiple threads now - just get rid of your phone and you'll be much happier and the duplicate thread count will go down.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: A total disgrace and not carriers fault

I've noticed that my battery consumption is back to when I first got my phone with Nougat so it's worth the update just for this.

I haven't been using my S7 Edge that has the beta on it so it's just been sitting there on standby. On standby, it's at 3 days, 22 hours with one hour screen time with 33% battery left. I have a sim card in it from T-Mobile. When I put a sim card in it from AT&T, my battery life cuts in half.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

No hurry for Android N. Samsung phones always have more features anyway. Android N is barely getting software already available for years on touch wiz

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Overall, I think the Chinese manufactured phones don't have a lot of support, especially after the first 6-12 months. To an extent, you get what you pay for. If your only preference in a phone is having the latest updates, get a Pixel. Issue solved. Apple is also an option as well. There's so much more to a phone than to be irritated about slow updates.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know why we get excited for updates. Look at the history of updates, it takes a phone we all praise and love and screws something up. Recent look at note 5, great phone, update comes out and battery life is a huge complaint even after resets.

I agree, vast majority of people don't care about the updates and probably wish they wouldn't get updated, they have a phone and they are happy with it and it works fine. In fact I know that's the case, everyone I know don't know what I'm talking about with software and look at me with blank stares when I'm talking about updates. Eveyone I know basically use their phones for texting, a little web browsing, and flashlight. And when they get a update dumped on them, they usually are ?????? mad, something isn't working right, and then they save up for new phone... Hence why I've said the conspiracy part of me says that's the plan of phone companies issuing updates around the release of the next new phone.

I can definitely see what you're saying. Sometimes my phone would get an update and I'm thinking, "Wow! So cool!" and other times, I shake my head and wonder why I ever downloaded it, because X isn't working the way it used to. But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles with software updates!

My favourite "update story" was when my LG G3's battery life was horrific and the major update at the time completely fixed that issue. No clue how or why, but my battery/charging experiences were great for a long time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree, vast majority of people don't care about the updates and probably wish they wouldn't get updated, they have a phone and they are happy with it and it works fine. In fact I know that's the case, everyone I know don't know what I'm talking about with software and look at me with blank stares when I'm talking about updates. Eveyone I know basically use their phones for texting, a little web browsing, and flashlight. And when they get a update dumped on them, they usually are 😠 mad, something isn't working right, and then they save up for new phone... Hence why I've said the conspiracy part of me says that's the plan of phone companies issuing updates around the release of the next new phone.

I can definitely see what you're saying. Sometimes my phone would get an update and I'm thinking, "Wow! So cool!" and other times, I shake my head and wonder why I ever downloaded it, because X isn't working the way it used to. But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles with software updates!

My favourite "update story" was when my LG G3's battery life was horrific and the major update at the time completely fixed that issue. No clue how or why, but my battery/charging experiences were great for a long time.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Looking at your your thread/post history it looks like you've owned every major Samsung flagship. If you weren't aware by now what you were getting (regarding updates) well, that's on you not Samsung. You have started 4 threads regarding "Where's my Nougat" in a matter of a few days, a bit overkill don't you think?

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Still play every day. It's my therapy. Couldn't stop if I wanted to... It's like breathing. :). Over 50 years now. 😉
21adc49e79b7cde3b81ad3930053de53.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome