s7 edge and nougat heads up notifications

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Why not just turn on do not disturb whilst you're in your car with people if you don't want them to see anything? Don't personally see why you're wanting to hide the content, but it seems there's no option in the settings to hide heads up content.

john salgado

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
finally found the solution on s7 edge running android nougat, tried and testing, its working.

1.follow the instructions here to install and use adb

how to install and use adb, the android debug bridge utility

2.once it is installed and you have verified that it works (verification step is also given in the above page), just type the below command in the command (cmd.exe) window on the pc (phone should be connected by usb)

adb shell settings put global heads_up_notifications_enabled 0

basically its connecting your phone to the pc and sending a command through the pc emulator window to your phone system and disabling the heads up notifications.

If working for you all, lets spread the word to other forums too.

Tnx
rgds
mayur

is this solution actually working? No heads up but the phone still vibrates when a whatsapp message is recieved?

anon(4741503)

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
global heads_up_notifications_enabled 0 doesnt work for me. Setting set, confirmed it has stuck after a reboot with settings get global heads_up_notifications_enabled but still same pesky HU notifications.

S7 on 3 UK.

htx

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Finally found the solution on S7 Edge running Android Nougat, tried and testing, its working.

THIS SOLUTION WORKS

I just did it. It took me a while to actually get the SDK Manager installed, but once I ran the command and rebooted the phone, I stopped receiving all heads-up notifications. I believe changing the 0 to a 1 will enable it again if you want to do that in the future.

I saw the update for Nougat and was kind of interested in the new features so went ahead and updated. As soon as I noticed the heads-up notifications could not be turned off, I was about to pull my hair out. I HATE heads-up notifications and don't understand why samsung/android would remove the disable heads-up option in the notification settings that was previously there! I don't want this silly, unnecessary notification to take up the top of my screen when i'm in other apps. Especially annoying if you're in a group-chat and you constantly get notified via heads-up.

Samsung needs to fix this in a future update. I don't know how, but we need everyone to let them know this is a serious issue. The notification bar the top is such a PERFECT way of displaying notifications, like why would the remove that? I understand some people might want heads-up, but keep that as optional. Ticklr was working GREAT (could be a little better) in on the s7 edge before this update. Now for some reason it is covering important parts of the phone (like when the notification drawer is pulled down, it covers the top of the settings options).

</End Rant>

Last edited:

JameAde

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Did not know that, hopefully the developer will actually update to work on nougat if possible at all.

One of the reasons I hate updates, or I should say updates are a double edge sword, get some nice improvements, but at the price of losing other features and possible performance issues.

Well, guess headsoff isn't an option on nougat.

Yeah, to add I have a S7 Edge and pop-up notifications on 6.0.1 used to show the contact picture and message details, but now on 7.0 it only shows the word "Message" twice?!?!?!?! No matter if it's the stock messages app or gmail and I've been through all the settings. Someone forgot to fully test 7.0. I really hope they fix it.

Chipsnchips

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Why not just turn on do not disturb whilst you're in your car with people if you don't want them to see anything? Don't personally see why you're wanting to hide the content, but it seems there's no option in the settings to hide heads up content.

It's not just about being in one place and wanting to hide stuff. I don't want sensitive information, for example about projects I'm working on, to be viewable by anyone who can see my screen. The pop ups are also big and very much disrupt whatever I'm working on.

Having to constantly amend my settings to suit changes in location is a ridiculous solution to what was never a problem on 6.0.

Chipsnchips

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
The 7.0 uodate only just came to Japan so it's only just effected me. Has anyone had any luck fixing?

The above fix using the pc and debug tools, I'm assuming that's a pc only fix right?

javiertoti

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Finally found the solution on S7 Edge running Android Nougat, tried and testing, its working.

1.Follow the instructions here to install and use ADB

How to Install and Use ADB, the Android Debug Bridge Utility

2.Once it is installed and you have verified that it works (verification step is also given in the above page), just type the below command in the command (cmd.exe) window on the PC (phone should be connected by USB)

Basically its connecting your phone to the PC and sending a command through the PC emulator window to your phone system and disabling the heads up notifications.

tnx
rgds
Mayur

I've just registered to say you THANKS!!!

songjuhee

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site

2.Once it is installed and you have verified that it works (verification step is also given in the above page), just type the below command in the command (cmd.exe) window on the PC (phone should be connected by USB)

Basically its connecting your phone to the PC and sending a command through the PC emulator window to your phone system and disabling the heads up notifications.

tnx
rgds
Mayur

THANKS.!! it works :D

Mahroo Sharegh

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
hi ,
im new to the forum but not to samsung phones, my s7 edge has been faultless until today when i updated it to 7.0

now i cannot receive a message without it displaying it in the top heads up which is no good to me as my phone is usually always on in the car etc and everyone in there can now see my messages.
there is no option to stop this except for turning off everything so you get no sound,vibration or preview where before you could just select to hide preview messages.
if there is no way to hide these then 7.0 is useless to me as i need my privacy and i also like to be notified of a message etc.
it is crazy if they leave it like this, how can i go back to 6.0 after updating ?

thank you

Jaleks

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site

tnx
rgds
Mayur

This works on my S7 Edge (SM-G935F) as well, thank you.

roacharu

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

tnx
rgds
Mayur

Thank You!!! It works!

the_new_mr

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

tnx
rgds
Mayur

Awesome. Thanks!

the_new_mr

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
was working fine on my s7 edge.

but i just got he new s8 and guess what ?

it doesnt work on that and back to square one :(

I saw someone else say it works for them on an S8. I don't have an S8 so can't verify. But I wonder have you remembered to turn on USB debugging while trying this? This is necessary for ADB to be able to talk to the device. Turn USB debugging off when you're finished.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae