What is this new screen I get before trying to unlock my S7 edge-img_3390.jpgThere's a new screen that popped up after updating some apps. When I turn the screen on I have to swipe to get it off to proceed to my lock screen. I've gone through all the applications and cannot find it anywhere. Want to delete it and to make sure it's not maleware.
    AirP likes this.
    02-06-2017 05:26 PM
    Welcome.

I'm not familiar with Samsungs but I believe that it's normal. I'll move this to the S7e forum, where they'll soon tell you for certain.
    02-06-2017 05:38 PM
    There's a new screen that popped up after updating some apps. When I turn the screen on I have to swipe to get it off to proceed to my lock screen. Is there a way to touch a photo here so that you could see it and possibly tell me what it is? I've gone through all the applications and cannot find it anywhere. Want to delete it and to make sure it's not maleware.
    It's under lock screen settings
    belodion likes this.
    02-06-2017 05:57 PM
    It's not under lock screen. This is something new that popped up. Been an android user from the beginning and haven't had this issue before. Tried running malware detectors but nothing picked it up. Isn't there a way to put a picture on these post?
    02-06-2017 07:20 PM
    What is this new screen I get before trying to unlock my S7 edge-img_3390.jpg
    This is the screen I'm talking about.
    bigmo555 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:24 PM
    That looks like it's put there by some free app that you recently installed or that got updated. Some free apps are notorious for doing this kind of thing. That jet thing is an advertisement.
    pankaj981 and delta7 like this.
    02-06-2017 07:30 PM
    That looks like it's put there by some free app that you recently installed or that got updated. Some free apps are notorious for doing this kind of thing. That jet thing is an advertisement.
    I agree. It is ads from an app or from the jet app.
    02-06-2017 07:33 PM
    The advertisement changes so it's not the jet add. Had updated several apps yesterday and that's when this started. Can't remember which ones were updated but I did delete a couple in problem still exist.
    02-06-2017 07:35 PM
    +1 on the ad. However, make sure that you don't hit the link if you don't know where it came from and where it will take you. It may not be malware by itself, but there's no telling what it will do when you tap it.

I'd suggest booting into safe mode, and removing it there. Then boot to recovery and clear your cache, the reboot.
    tn_friend likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:38 PM
    I wonder if the airpush app would be able to detect which app is doing it.
    02-06-2017 07:50 PM
    Do you have this app on your phone? Same J, different color though. If you have that app, try disabling it and see if it goes away.

Nevermind..I see that's an ad link. I've had this happen and its a PITA to find the culprit. This crap needs to stop, or it needs to be identified somewhere in the screen the great app that did that to you.

If your able to drop down the notifications bar, see if it's listed there where you can long press to see what it is, I found out one that way.

02-06-2017 09:52 PM
    Your problem is you have a battery saving app downloaded lik app booster or some kind of app that manages battery or os processes and tou just updated it and it noe has that feature or you just downloaded a app
    02-07-2017 01:25 AM
    If you have avast try removing it, also for free file explorer apps cause that. I had that before with some free av.

Alot of apps install ads bro, that's the downside of so many free apps, they attacking the lock screen now.
    02-08-2017 07:26 AM
    If you have avast try removing it, also for free file explorer apps cause that. I had that before with some free av.

Alot of apps install ads bro, that's the downside of so many free apps, they attacking the lock screen now.
    Android needs to block third party apps from accessing the lock screen without specifically allowing it from lockscreen settings. This sneaking it in with no easy way to identify it is BS.
    underway99 likes this.
    02-08-2017 05:54 PM
    I just got this.. not long after the last Samsung update... looks like it is linked to battery recharging booster (which I have nothing similar installed). the ad keeps changing each time.. @drwhopertwee did you manage to remove it?
    03-16-2017 02:53 AM
    found other forums talking about the fast charge and will try later... seems to be related to the new s7 functionality.
    go to settings, advance setting battery or device management, battery and advance settings.. there is a "fast cable charging" you can toggle off.
    03-16-2017 03:04 AM