Asurion replaced S7E with NIB

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
In 20 years of owning cell phones, I've never seen Asurion replace one with a brand new in box device. One of my sons has the S7E (on my account). It was in his jacket pocket on a barstool this past weekend. Someone stole the coat, with the phone. While the $199 deductible (plus $9.99/mo billed by VZW) is outrageous, I don't ever remember receiving anything but a bare bones refurb. Curious if anyone else has received a NIB replacement from them.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I received 1 NIB LG G4 and refurbs on everything else. I think it just depends on what they have in stock and what they're replacing it for.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have experience with them (only with Assurant, T-Mobile's insurance company), but most companies will ship refurbs IF availabe. If you are unfortunate enough to require an exchange soon after launch, chances are very slim that you'll get anything but a new unit. After a product has been out, however, chances increase to get a refurbished/re-conditioned unit.

For instance, a friend of mine got his T-Mo iPhone 7 stolen and Assurant sent him a refurb, but I just cracked my blue coral S7 Edge (horrible feeling, first cracked/damaged phone in forever), and I got a new unit.

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Got a NIB replacement myself from Asurion a couple weeks ago to replace my cracked screen S7E. They were offering me a silver replacement at first, but I ended up holding off till I was offered a blue coral, which I knew was a new color.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've only ever gotten a new phone when I had a BB phone that they no longer carried. They gave me newer upgraded device. Any other time it's been refurbished phones.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
My insurance plan is to spend $210 + tax on a J3 if I need a replacement.

$0 per month

Everyone else on my account can go without for all I care, I was paying $30 a month and had to pay $150 to replace my neice's iPhone that magically got wet with no explanation. 2 days later we get a replacement in the wrong color and scratches on the body. Took it into the store and upgraded, then cancelled insurance.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

bbmore2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just had to replace my Nexus 6 (cracked screen) with Asurion and to my surprise received a S7 Edge NIB! Although, I do miss by Nexus, I'm loving this S7 Edge. This has NEVER happened before with Asurion, but no complaints here.

Chuck_loads

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I just had to replace my Nexus 6 (cracked screen) with Asurion and to my surprise received a S7 Edge NIB! Although, I do miss by Nexus, I'm loving this S7 Edge. This has NEVER happened before with Asurion, but no complaints here.
Talk about luck hope you don't get charged for it.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Talk about luck hope you don't get charged for it.

Funny (well, very annoying actually) thing, they did not send a SIM card. They have now reordered it THREE times, and still no tracking info or record of receiving it from UPS. The rep (supervisor) felt so bad that she is sending me a $25 gift card. Nice, because I have to replace the case and screen protector too. Well, I guess sometimes, every once in a while, something goes right. (Ended up calling VZW to have them overnight me a SIM for tomorrow - when we're getting 6-12" snow. Would be nice if I could activate the brand new phone, lol!)

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I had an Olympic S7 Edge that got damaged. They let me buy another unlocked s7 and reimbursed me minus the deductible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech