Game+Skype(Any voicecall)= Black screen when touching proximity sensor

torque91

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I have been starting to play mobile games with my some friends and i want to use Skype on the phone or any other communication programs out there. And the same time i want to play a game there i would use my phone horizontal and left and right hand.

If i start a call, flipp the phone, the screen goes black everytime i touch the proximity sensor.

This means i can't talk & play at the same time, or even really use the phone...

Is this normal? Anyone experience the same issue? Anyone fixed it?

Please help, going nuts here :p

// Andre

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Andre, welcome to the forums. I don't think Skype incudes a setting to disable the proximity sensor. You could try with Viber and see if it works for you.

torque91

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Javier P.

So what you say is that this is something that the application it self must have an option for? Is there nothing on my phone that i could do to get it sorted?

I would not have a problem if it does is when I'm doing a call and place it to my ear. but the frustration start when i want to have a talk with someone or a group-call(Headset) and do something on the phone at the same time. ( In this case, i want to play an online-game on the phone with friends.)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with you. All this apps should have a setting to disable the proximity sensor for special occasions, speakers, headphones, multitasking ... There are several users complaining about this same issue at the Skype community.

torque91

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Found that link as-well but unfortunately this option is not in my options menu! :(

Its quite odd that this problem exist, i know other phones don't even have this issue so I'm confused that this is something that Samsung s7 Edge have and that can't even be turned off?

I thought more people would complain about this? I mean, it gets me thinking that it might is something with my phone? not the s7 edge overall..?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon