03-01-2017 07:53 AM
59 123
tools
    App usage. Note the high usage of system, not shown on GSAM pre Nougat. I'm unsure if this is a more accurate reading as there was a mandatory use of ADB to be able to see (give permission) individual app usage.
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-229088.jpg  
    02-16-2017 05:38 AM
    And System info. The wakelocks are very low compared to me periodically checking yesterday. *alarm* would've had near 200 wakelocks by now, but it's not even listed in the wakelock detail sectikn. Unsure what I've changed, if anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-229089.jpg  
    02-16-2017 05:39 AM
    I just hate the Facebook app so much... I want an app for facebook that remembers where I left off so I can start reading there.
    ToddK likes this.
    02-16-2017 09:56 AM
    I just hate the Facebook app so much... I want an app for facebook that remembers where I left off so I can start reading there.
    That drives me crazy too... I'll be reading a post, put the phone down to do something, and when I return, the timeline is refreshed and the post I was reading is long gone... Nowhere to be found.

...And the way is positively -destroys- the battery...

I've tried to use a browser, but it's just so "clunky"... Sigh. 😑
    justin1578 likes this.
    02-17-2017 05:43 AM
    Still downloading Nougat now, but have any of you guys done a factory reset? I always found that after a major update a factory reset really helps battery life. Backing up on smart switch while nougat downloads as we speak.
    02-18-2017 05:48 AM
    Gah sprint and verizon seem to be the only ones without an update! Hopefully when i do update it doesnt shaft my phone anymore. Iv lost 1hr sot since the last security patch.
    02-18-2017 10:22 AM
    Still downloading Nougat now, but have any of you guys done a factory reset? I always found that after a major update a factory reset really helps battery life. Backing up on smart switch while nougat downloads as we speak.
    Haven't yet, done several cache wipes to no avail. Shame as I was expecting more from this update. As I stated, it's as if the system is pushing the processors into the higher end just to keep things smooth and fast. Limiting the CPU via the power saving helps this, I might just leave it running in that mode constantly
    02-18-2017 11:26 AM
    Having ran in medium power saving mode for the weekend, I've achieved what I can without affecting performance. I kinda let it ran as is and didn't measure anything, so there's no screenshots or analytical data to look through unfortunately. But I feel the battery was holding up a bit better and it also didn't run as warm. I'd recommend for the time being to just run in this mode anyway. All it does is limited the CPU to 70%, restricts background data (toggle), reduces resolution etc. Minimal things, but just makes me wonder if the CPU load reduction was how MM was running as standard? I don't feel I'm particularly losing performance for what I use my phone for with this restriction, maybe suffers when gaming? Either way, great for daily use, so try it out and see why you think.
    02-20-2017 03:52 AM
    Running no power saving mode here for the first few days has been quite acceptable. At home, wifi and strong cell signal, 1-2% per hour when idling. Out and about with signals varying (no wifi) 3-4% per hour. Total screen on time per day runs about 2 hours for my average use, I don't play games or watch movies in my average day. Only a few days, but at least as good as MM and maybe better.
    02-21-2017 02:53 PM
    Running no power saving mode here for the first few days has been quite acceptable. At home, wifi and strong cell signal, 1-2% per hour when idling. Out and about with signals varying (no wifi) 3-4% per hour. Total screen on time per day runs about 2 hours for my average use, I don't play games or watch movies in my average day. Only a few days, but at least as good as MM and maybe better.
    Any screenshots of battery usage for this? I usually have a drain of 0.5-1%/hour when at home and connected to WiFi
    02-21-2017 09:27 PM
    Found some old MM screenshots showing my best battery life
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-28234.jpg  
    02-21-2017 09:42 PM
    SOT
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-28235.jpg  
    02-21-2017 09:42 PM
    This is me yesterday
    Overall

SOT and still had over 25% battery left
    02-21-2017 10:05 PM
    Wow, pretty outstanding. Care to tell us you radio settings, internet usage type and other settings such as screen brightness?

GSAM data is welcome to, I'd like to see what your android system processes are like as I'm unsure if I'm getting a lot of wakelocks.
    02-22-2017 04:56 AM
    Wow, pretty outstanding. Care to tell us you radio settings, internet usage type and other settings such as screen brightness?

GSAM data is welcome to, I'd like to see what your android system processes are like as I'm unsure if I'm getting a lot of wakelocks.
    Hi there,

Not much has gone into it, I currently have the phone set to 3G/2G (Auto Connect) as 4G is incredibly spotty where I am.

I am mostly on WiFi which helps A LOT. If you spend more time on 3G or 4G you simply have no chance of getting great results, the Modems in these phones eat through the battery at an alarming rate at times when signal is poor.

Brightness is around 45%
    Here's what my bar is sitting at:

Here are the apps I have disabled:

I hope this helps.

I fully believe being mostly on WiFi is really what helps, otherwise I don't use Power Saving and I set my Display to WQHD as FHD really didn't make a difference.
    02-22-2017 01:30 PM
    Today for me
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-7720.jpg  
    02-22-2017 08:53 PM
    Part 2
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-7718.jpg  
    02-22-2017 08:55 PM
    Hi there,

Not much has gone into it, I currently have the phone set to 3G/2G (Auto Connect) as 4G is incredibly spotty where I am.

I am mostly on WiFi which helps A LOT. If you spend more time on 3G or 4G you simply have no chance of getting great results, the Modems in these phones eat through the battery at an alarming rate at times when signal is poor.

Brightness is around 45%
    Here's what my bar is sitting at:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...abe68b2939.jpg

Here are the apps I have disabled:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b8f1a049cf.jpg

I hope this helps.

I fully believe being mostly on WiFi is really what helps, otherwise I don't use Power Saving and I set my Display to WQHD as FHD really didn't make a difference.
    Definitely, thanks for that.

I noticed earlier at home that on WiFi my consumption for the first 10% gave me just short of an hour SOT which would be staggering. Though I imagine running certain apps would decrease this, but even if that's reduced a bit it's better than I have normally.

Biggest problem I face is signal, my work has really low signal and I force LTE to get the quickest speed. Gonna try and set up a WiFi hotspot with another device and see what the difference is.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-22-2017 09:50 PM
    Definitely, thanks for that.

I noticed earlier at home that on WiFi my consumption for the first 10% gave me just short of an hour SOT which would be staggering. Though I imagine running certain apps would decrease this, but even if that's reduced a bit it's better than I have normally.

Biggest problem I face is signal, my work has really low signal and I force LTE to get the quickest speed. Gonna try and set up a WiFi hotspot with another device and see what the difference is.
    This is what I do, my iPad Air 2 LTE works as my 4G LTE hotspot at home, at work and in my car, it helps a lot.
    02-22-2017 09:57 PM
    This is what I do, my iPad Air 2 LTE works as my 4G LTE hotspot at home, at work and in my car, it helps a lot.
    Shall get to it next week.

Just been doing some home WiFi testing with medium power saving mode and it's looking promising if this rate were to continue. I've been browsing Facebook, YouTube and Reddit for a bit (plus this forum) and I'm pretty happy with how things are currently looking. Nearly 2 hours SOT per 25%. I had varying brightness due to the enhanced video feature being on in the settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-243231.jpg  
    02-24-2017 04:48 AM
    App usage
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-243232.jpg  
    02-24-2017 04:48 AM
    SOT details
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-243233.jpg  
    02-24-2017 04:50 AM
    System details

I have the full list of processes as a screenshot. If anyone wants, just ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-243235.jpg  
    02-24-2017 04:52 AM
    Nougat has been draining my battery. Android OS is using most of my battery it seems. Just now it drained 16% overnight. I'm about to wipe the cache and format and see if that helps. I never should have updated everything was great before.
    02-24-2017 05:55 AM
    So it's hit 3 hours with 54% battery
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat battery life testing-243249.jpg  
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-24-2017 06:23 AM
59 123