S7 edge international unlocked version still no nougat

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Nougat has only been released for a few variants in Europe and Middle East. If updates are important for you then it's better to flash the BTU or XSG CSC for timely monthly updates. My S7E has been running the BTU CSC since the beginning and I've never once had to urge to flash back to stock T&T CSC. I'm running mine on Cricket Wireless in the US so not losing anything by not running stock. Besides it helps to not get frustrated...

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I've got an international unlocked dual-SIM version myself. Still no Nougat. I'm in no particular rush... I love the phone the way it is. But it'd be nice to get it soon.

slick5150

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the unlocked SM-G935U, and yeah, no nougat here either. Seems kind of odd that the unlocked variants would be taking so long, but oh well. Don't really have any problems with the phone as-is, so I'm in no hurry I suppose

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue is for a very high end phone it's inexcusable why it's taking so long. They have our money and busy working on S8 etc.
They should at least issue a statement saying the problems but why have other countries got the firmware nearly a month ago now.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
You guys in the U.K.

What CsC variant do you have.

Mines XEU as its sim free Factory unlocked un Branded bought from a Samsung Experience Store which is basically Carphone Warehouse rebadged.

Even though these are sim free the updates I've read can be at a later stage , even after Networks are sending out nougat to their Branded phones.

If you bought Direct from Samsung it should be Btu.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the unlocked SM-G935U, and yeah, no nougat here either. Seems kind of odd that the unlocked variants would be taking so long, but oh well. Don't really have any problems with the phone as-is, so I'm in no hurry I suppose

For the US unlocked version, I think we have a few months to wait simply because Samsung said the phone would receive updates four times per year. We got the December security update early in January so the next update will be a few months out.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
For the US unlocked version, I think we have a few months to wait simply because Samsung said the phone would receive updates four times per year. We got the December security update early in January so the next update will be a few months out.

Where did Samsung release how many times they'd push an update per year ?

Can you link to their statement.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well that's disappointing.
I downloaded gravity and while the raise to wake works well, it's nothing like the pixels raise to wake. I love how the pixel has the blacked out screen with just the time and notifications. The raise to wake on gravity literally just turns on the s7's lock screen. It was quite annoying BC it would turn on and illuminate way too often, was not subtle like the pixels.

Little things here and there make me appreciate the pixel more so than the s7e

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21