Nougat on T-mobile S7 edge

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am downloading Nougat now on T-mobile for the edge.
Did you have that beta or did you not? I was wondering if it's an actual available download for everyone not just beta. I will be getting an S7 on Tuesday as my backup phone and was interested

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you have that beta or did you not? I was wondering if it's an actual available download for everyone not just beta. I will be getting an S7 on Tuesday as my backup phone and was interested
Nougat is out for anyone on T-Mobile for the S7/Edge phones. Those running the beta got it just a few hours before they released it to everyone.

I updated my Beta s& edge Thursday night and an hour after, my none beta Edge got the update as well.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Nougat is out for anyone on T-Mobile for the S7/Edge phones. Those running the beta got it just a few hours before they released it to everyone.

I updated my Beta s& edge Thursday night and an hour after, my none beta Edge got the update as well.
Hello this is all new to me. I have the Samsung Nougat beta update what do I do to get the regular update?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello this is all new to me. I have the Samsung Nougat beta update what do I do to get the regular update?

Go to the settings menu and scroll all the way to the bottom. Tap Software update which is the fourth menu item to the bottom. Tap on download updates manually. It will then check to see if there is an update. If you have a T-Mobile or AT&T version, it should start downloading.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I read on here someone was having glitch issues after installing the update. I hope that's not a common issue. I'm getting an unlocked S7 from Amazon on Tuesday and hoping I won't have issues like that if it hasn't been updated yet . bought from a highly rated seller.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I read on here someone was having glitch issues after installing the update. I hope that's not a common issue. I'm getting an unlocked S7 from Amazon on Tuesday and hoping I won't have issues like that if it hasn't been updated yet . bought from a highly rated seller.
I thought you already had a s7

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

Mine was stuttering a bit after update. It smoothed out and have not had a problem since.

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One thing is for sure, decrypt your sd card before upgrading. After the update the system couldn't decrypt it because it thought it was from another phone. Lost all saved data and now starting from scratch with my sd card.

After the update it took almost an hour to get off the T-Mobile splash page and finally boot up.

Other than those 2 things seems to be running pretty good, however I thought they said s7 and s7 edge would skip 7.0 and go to 7.1.1 , according to my phone it's just 7.0.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Did the update on Friday, no issues. It did stay on the white T-Mobile splash screen for about 4 minutes after the restart but all good.

mnsicilian

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I just received the Nougat software update for my S7, I have had these phones for years and this is the worst update I have ever experienced! all the color that was on my phone for texting, calling ext. is GONE, it's horrible. SO Samsung i'm wondering, with all your blunders in this past year, are you trying to push your loyal customers over to APPLE? If there isn't a patch or upgrade to for Nougat, I know plenty of people (myself included) that will be leaving...fix it Samsung!

mookie1028

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
DONT DO IT
downloaded n and my phone got messed up .
While charging and using my phone gets warm and battery drain doesn't even last a day
freezes . if this is what to expect from Samsung then i hate to say it i would have to go to apple
tmobile sendinfg refurb phone out to me

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
DONT DO IT
downloaded n and my phone got messed up .
While charging and using my phone gets warm and battery drain doesn't even last a day
freezes . if this is what to expect from Samsung then i hate to say it i would have to go to apple
tmobile sendinfg refurb phone out to me
Your experience is not typical at all. I've updated all three of my S7 Edge phones to Nougat, one was on the beta. All of them are problem free.

You might try clearing the cache if you haven't already.