Themes from Samsung Theme Store.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys.

I'm still pretty new to this platform and Samsung phones so please take this into account when reading my question. :)

I've owned my s7 edge for approx 4 months now and have been customising it. No rooting.

My question is on Themes.

My understanding these Themes in the Theme Store are by Delelopers ?

I believe Samsung Limit the Developers on what a Theme can change ?

Are these Themes vetted by Samsung ?

I was using the SB - Simply Basic Theme which is a Dark Theme for a while.

Yesterday some of the features on my phone froze.

I.e.

Double tap of home button wouldn't launch camera. Setting to allow this was On. Even turned it off, rebooted phone and back On but point blank refused to work.

Two finger swipe down from top of screen wouldn't work. One finger action did but then wouldn't let me bring the section section down.

The settings cog wheel in the top right hand corner would not launch. The down ^ would not work.

The steps I tried were...

Clear System Cache = No change.

I then considered a Factory Reset but before going through that I deleted my last apps = No change.

Toggled off the Theme and rebooted and it unfroze.

Now this may have been just a glitch and not the Theme.

Before I contact the developer I just wanted to put it out here to see if anyone else has had any issues using Themes in general.

Are there Pro's and Con's.

I wanted a Dark Theme as its suggested these can reduce battery drain as they are then turned off pixels using less than the white Ui Marshmallow uses.

Is this true ?
Is the saving minimal?

Thank you for reading and any personal experience and insight is welcomed.

Ipse_Tase

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
While I haven't used the same exact theme you are referring to, I ALWAYS had a dark theme on my S7Edge.
Rotating between 5-6 of them at the moment - never had issues.
Yes, I do believe that dark themes take advantage of Amoled's power savings.
And no, I don't think Samsung kills themselves testing and vetting the themes...I usually pick the ones with close to 5 stars feedback...just to be safe.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Using dark themes does save on battery, but I'm not sure by how much. I use dark themes as well to save on battery.

I'm not sure if Samsung does any vetting of the themes. Like another user pointed out above, I only download themes that have 5 stars or close to 5 stars in its rating.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
@mountainman

Does that Theme leave the Stock Icons in situ ?
No it alters them. But I have nova and found a great icon pack that compliments the sd-Black theme nicely. It's called Neonex.

I still hate that the actual call screen is not themed, but with sd-Black and this icon pack I'm satisfied for now.

For those that want to see the look:

Home screen
b6ebd522cc5d9c6cbf74923fbd52e16a.jpg

App tray
b8ad96cb6829a90b6f0492c47734388b.jpg

Second screen
950524011c5e4450cd106b00e59d828e.jpg

Dialer
4805370dbb8e80c53ac96262f9edc0c8.jpg

Settings
9d33c9b1624db627aaa9956176b51bab.jpg

Calendar
35e1ca1dfa2e9a287640c43e40a4ca46.jpg

Not sure why the first two screen shots are so bad, but you get the idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude