Since installing Android 7 update a few days ago to my Galaxy S7 Edge I have been unable to use mobile data anywhere or to use public wifi. When trying to use public wifi in supermarkets for example I get a message from Google saying it's unsecure yet previously I was able to use the same networks with no problems. I'm not given any choice, I simply can't get any further than the security message. I don't and never will use Android pay so I don't see the need for tightened security, And I don't appreciate being dictated to by Google.

My mobile plan has not changed at all so I'm puzzled as to why I can't get mobile data anywhere even when I know there's a good signal
    02-18-2017 09:19 AM
    Hi Roslyn, welcome to the forums!
    The public WiFi issue is a safety one, that's the best way to get your phone hacked! I don't know Nougat, so I'm not sure if you can override this.
    Re the mobile data concern, your data setting may need a tweak, call the network provider (on another phone) and they can go thorough the settings with you. Good luck, let us know how you go... 🙃
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-19-2017 12:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also try wiping the cache partition, which can sometimes help with various issues after a major system update: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28028

Sometimes, that security message comes up if you haven't logged into the wi-fi network's welcome page. It's supposed to come up automatically as a separate window (called a Captive Portal Login), but sometimes it doesn't. You can sometimes force that welcome page to show up by typing in some common URL, like nytimes.com.
    02-19-2017 02:08 AM