03-06-2017 09:23 AM
96 1234
tools
    Because they're the most popular with the most users. There's no need to rush out updates because they think we aren't going anywhere.
    Well, they are wrong. I know of quite a few people who have left Verizon recently for that exact reason.
    02-21-2017 10:14 PM
    Well, they are wrong. I know of quite a few people who have left Verizon recently for that exact reason.
    I recently swapped to Verizon. Been loving it .. I have a Pixel XL though so updates aren't an issue.
    02-21-2017 10:20 PM
    My proposal: We all get together and setup and exact time to call Verizon C/S with the "Where is my Nougat!" question. It won't work with just a couple of people, but if they have a couple hundred people on hold with "Where is my Nougat!" it could possibly make an impact on them regarding future updates.
    1naturalace likes this.
    02-21-2017 10:23 PM
    I recently swapped to Verizon. Been loving it .. I have a Pixel XL though so updates aren't an issue.
    Unfortunately the Pixel is the only exception to the rule regarding their update policies. Verizon has a great network. They are just a little lacking when it comes to updates.
    Almeuit likes this.
    02-21-2017 10:28 PM
    Unfortunately the Pixel is the only exception to the rule regarding their update policies. Verizon has a great network. They are just a little lacking when it comes to updates.
    Agreed. I just swapped to them from T-Mobile.. while I don't get the insane speed of T-Mobile (in certain areas) my connection has been very consistent.
    02-21-2017 10:29 PM
    It's an annoyance that's for sure. Not to mention all the bloatware they'll add to the update. I'm a little more positive we'll have the update by the end of March now that Sprint got theirs. I actually didn't expect it until May.
    02-21-2017 10:37 PM
    and as shown elsewhere, Verizon is surely going to mess up the new Settings screen just like they did in the Note 7. They really need to give up the whole "all Galaxy Phones need to be the same" thing.
    02-22-2017 04:46 AM
    I'm on the beta so all I really want is the updated security patch...I'm still on October smh
    02-22-2017 07:32 AM
    Waiting Patiently.... ok not so patient.
    02-22-2017 08:56 AM
    I'm on the beta so all I really want is the updated security patch...I'm still on October smh
    Me too. It's absolutely ridiculous that we are still on the October security patch
    1naturalace likes this.
    02-22-2017 10:24 AM
    It doesn't seem that Verizon would need more time to 'evaluate' the update before releasing it.. Unless it's just not a priority for them to do so.. I would think that their staff and resources would match or exceed others. Apparently they're on their own timeline for plan changes (Unlimited data), and updates, etc...
    02-22-2017 10:26 AM
    It doesn't seem that Verizon would need more time to 'evaluate' the update before releasing it.. Unless it's just not a priority for them to do so.. I would think that their staff and resources would match or exceed others. Apparently they're on their own timeline for plan changes (Unlimited data), and updates, etc...
    Not getting any patch of any kind for the s7e since November 2016 should give us all a pretty good idea how much of a priority the s7e is at Verizon

The S8 will probably be my last rodeo with Verizon, if the Pixel II has IP68 and wireless charging Project Fi here I come
    02-22-2017 08:14 PM
    Yeah the recent security patches seem to have been waiting on the Nougat update
    02-22-2017 08:18 PM
    So ridiculous. I wish Samsung wouldn't allow carriers to put their crap on the phone.
    02-22-2017 08:50 PM
    Huh. I have the December security patch on VZW. Seems odd that others are stuck on October. I did not participate in the Nougat beta. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
    02-23-2017 07:49 AM
    I didn't participate either, and I'm still stuck on October security patch. Verizon sucks, the most expensive and the slowest to get updates!!
    Tim Bell1 and 1naturalace like this.
    02-23-2017 08:44 AM
    I didn't participate either, and I'm still stuck on October security patch. Verizon sucks, the most expensive and the slowest to get updates!!
    02-23-2017 10:36 AM
    Huh. I have the December security patch on VZW. Seems odd that others are stuck on October. I did not participate in the Nougat beta. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
    I didn't participate in the nougat beta either. Maybe you're confused because Verizon didn't release the October patch until December.
    02-23-2017 12:36 PM
    As I said previously - of Big Four, they did GSM carriers first, T-Mobile, then AT&T. Smaller then Larger. Then they started with CDMA carriers, Sprint, and now, presumably Verizon would drop next. Unlocked phones last (as Samsung has no contractual obligations to unlocked phones despite carriers). So, having said that...again...

I am also seeing MANY forums blaming Samsung for no upgrade yet on Verizon, and vice versa. The flow is Samsung sends the software to Verizon for testing. Verizon sends the build back after they test their preloaded software passes tests. Samsung posts it for OTA download - probably Beta testers first and everyone else second. Since Verizon cut the Beta testing after two builds, that list should be very small at this point. Question is - who is holding up the process, why they are holding up the process, etc.. That is answer that no one knows the facts over - only Samsung and Verizon know this...and neither of them are talking.

Yes, it sucks, and yes, guilty as charged, I was complaining up a storm early on over not getting it. Then I thought, ok, after the Note 7 mess, they want things to be perfect or as perfect as possible. I get that, and I am willing to wait an additional week or two to get a finished and functional product instead of a botched up battery hog that drops WiFi or Bluetooth randomly.
    bullswife98 likes this.
    02-23-2017 02:35 PM
    I still wish samsung would do what Apple and Google did and not allow verizon to mess with the OS update process.
    lizette1222 likes this.
    02-24-2017 03:02 AM
    This has to be some kind of cruel joke from verizon. Metro PCS just released their update lol
    02-24-2017 06:10 AM
    I didn't participate in the nougat beta either. Maybe you're confused because Verizon didn't release the October patch until December.
    That would be correct! I just assumed that it was December's patch since I received it December 7th. Thanks for setting me straight.
    02-24-2017 07:25 AM
    My first cell phone was a Motorola Star Tac. So I have some experience with OS upgrades. Few of them have had new features worth getting excited about. I used to get all excited, even went through a time when I rooted my phones and tried different builds. I long since discovered that I lose nothing by using whatever the phone has and just accepting the update when it comes. When buying new I must have wireless charging and I prefer either big storage or expandable storage. OS has meant little in years.
    gorgalis, BBSeattle and Btravelen like this.
    02-24-2017 09:47 AM
    This has to be some kind of cruel joke from verizon. Metro PCS just released their update lol
    We really are the last on the totem pole
    02-24-2017 11:56 AM
    Makes sense -- MetroPCS is pretty much T-Mobile.
    02-24-2017 12:42 PM
96 1234