03-06-2017 09:23 AM
96 1234
tools
    Looks like sprint pushed nougat for their s7/s7e. Wonder how long we have...
    02-24-2017 08:08 PM
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was around the S8 release. Verizon had been doing better, but when they stopped the beta, I kinda lost hope for this update
    02-24-2017 11:39 PM
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was around the S8 release. Verizon had been doing better, but when they stopped the beta, I kinda lost hope for this update
    By then I won't care though I want an S8.
    02-25-2017 04:02 AM
    By then I won't care though I want an S8.
    I'm with you on that one.
    02-25-2017 07:18 AM
    Seems the Droid Turbo 2 got the Nougat update through VZW before us
    02-26-2017 08:05 AM
    I cannot even describe how frustrating this has been. I was part of the beta program. We were told we would get the release before the public. Then Verizon abruptly pulled out after beta 1. They still have not released it well after the other 3 major carriers. No word whatsoever as to why this all happened. It was so hard watching Sprint & T-Mobile users get beta 2, 3, 4, 5 and then the release while we just sat there on the sidelines watching as they were so happy and excited during each update. The only good thing I can say is beta 1 has been very stable.
    1naturalace likes this.
    02-26-2017 02:30 PM
    Urrggggh, must be nice not to have a VZ phone lol. Not a single word from that company. It's a top secret mission. WTH.
    02-26-2017 10:25 PM
    Urrggggh, must be nice not to have a VZ phone lol. Not a single word from that company. It's a top secret mission. WTH.
    So annoying. I honestly think that one guy is right that posted earlier. We won't get it until after the S8 launch.

I'd switch carriers but T-Mobile sucks here (Chicago suburbs) and att is shady with the bill.
    02-27-2017 04:24 AM
    So annoying. I honestly think that one guy is right that posted earlier. We won't get it until after the S8 launch.

I'd switch carriers but T-Mobile sucks here (Chicago suburbs) and att is shady with the bill.
    I am fairly certain we will get it before the S8 launch. Most likely within the next 2 weeks.
    02-27-2017 05:25 AM
    Well, the average Verizon customer isn't following the Nougat release, just us here on forums like this. While I'm waiting on Nougat like the rest of you, my S7 is doing what it's suppose to and I really don't have any complaints.

Mark
    Btravelen and 1812dave like this.
    02-27-2017 07:24 AM
    I am fairly certain we will get it before the S8 launch. Most likely within the next 2 weeks.
    If it makes you feel any better I read a post in the Samsung Community page yesterday that says the unlocked versions, which I have, will get it the second week of March. This is from a forum administrator. Hopefully you all will get it before that. I'm ditching Samsung over this crap. Selling the S7 and using my G5 until I see how the G6 will be and maybe wait for Pixel 2
    02-27-2017 07:26 AM
    Well, the average Verizon customer isn't following the Nougat release, just us here on forums like this. While I'm waiting on Nougat like the rest of you, my S7 is doing what it's suppose to and I really don't have any complaints.

Mark
    I don't know that I want the update, seems like updates take a phone that works great for you and ruins it.
    02-27-2017 08:11 AM

Mark
    I get that but the security updates and OS updates are important regardless if the masses care or not. Verizon and other carriers should be better at posting them.
    marconium likes this.
    02-27-2017 05:49 PM
    This is crazy how my S6 edge is on Jan 1 security patch, my Note 5 is on Feb 1. Kinda seems like Verizon just said the hell with the s7 edge. I'm on Oct 1 still...
    ghstrdr951 likes this.
    02-27-2017 06:12 PM
    Has anyone heard anything?
    Just spoke with Verizon. They claim they have been rolling it out and everyone will have it within the next few weeks.
    02-27-2017 10:01 PM
    Just spoke with Verizon. They claim they have been rolling it out and everyone will have it within the next few weeks.
    Have been rolling it out? To where? Mars? Did you tell them you are asking for people living on earth? LOL
    1naturalace and lizette1222 like this.
    02-27-2017 10:16 PM
    Have been rolling it out? To where? Mars? Did you tell them you are asking for people living on earth? LOL
    Lol funny...They probably mean anywhere else but the US
    02-27-2017 10:20 PM
    Lol funny...They probably mean anywhere else but the US
    Very funny! You certainly cannot believe anything Verizon CSR"s tell you about Nougat. I have heard some pretty incredible stories. One example, Verizon CSR " you will have to wait until your operating system releases that, we do not have any control over the time of the release of that software." User "Can you elaborate?" Verizon CSR "Meaning Verizon doesn't release the software update, we're not the software we are the carrier. Your software is through Android". All I can say is WOW!
    02-27-2017 11:14 PM
    Very funny! You certainly cannot believe anything Verizon CSR"s tell you about Nougat. I have heard some pretty incredible stories. One example, Verizon CSR " you will have to wait until your operating system releases that, we do not have any control over the time of the release of that software." User "Can you elaborate?" Verizon CSR "Meaning Verizon doesn't release the software update, we're not the software we are the carrier. Your software is through Android". All I can say is WOW!
    Yeah most reps at all carriers are clueless.
    02-28-2017 12:09 PM
    I hope it helps my battery life. Bout to scrap this POS.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Nougat?-5358.jpg  
    02-28-2017 04:23 PM
    Wow. I don't doubt that you're having battery issues. From here, it looks like you have one or more apps or functions running rogue. I don't think that your issue is the OS itself though. Take a look at what's running in Play Services and the Core Apps. Also check your data utilization. Is this just some apps running in the background? Or are they exchanging a lot of data with the internet?

You may be best off clearing all the Play Services data and Play Store data from your phone, then clear the app cache and reboot. You won't lose any apps. The first time that you access the Play Store or any function that requires Play services, you'll likely have to login. Then the data will repopulate.
    02-28-2017 04:50 PM
    I have tried everything you mentioned and even a reset. I have the exact same set up down to the home screen layout on my Axon 7 and Note 4. I'm starting to think it may just be the battery going bad.
    02-28-2017 04:55 PM
    I would be surprised to find that the issue is with the battery. Normally, a failing battery will not take or hold a charge to start with.

I'm not sure that the fact that you're running the same setup on other devices has any bearing here. Every device is different, even like devices. My S7E could possibly run the same apps and such that you have with much different results.

Have you tried running in Safe Mode? That gets you running with just core apps and services. That'll at least isolate your problem to core apps or add-ons.

Wait. I saw Verizon Nougat, but it didn't click right away that it's an early beta. I wonder if this could be related to some app conflicts with your beta software?
    02-28-2017 05:30 PM
    I'm still on MM, I have not tried booting in safe mode. But I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks
    02-28-2017 10:16 PM
    Anyone using the beta on Verizon.. Do you have the feature to block text messages while using the stock messaging app ? This is one thing i hate that Verizon takes away! I like the stock messaging app, but i also need to block some numbers hoping with the 7.0 update that this feature is available.
    03-01-2017 07:52 AM
96 1234