I am planning on purchasing an At&t Samsung S7 Edge. I'm a little hard on my phones, so I always get a 3 piece case and screen protector. So far, knock on wood, I have never cracked a screen or damaged the housing. If I were to buy an edge, what case would you folks recommend? Also, is their a good curved glass screen protector that fits the edge? Finally, is it easier to damage an Edge phone, even if I have a good case, as compared to a regular Samsung S7?
    02-19-2017 03:36 AM
    Hey Charlie, I'd recommend getting a Spigen or Otterbox case for this phone. Go for the ones that provide a good amount of protection (as opposed to the thin shell). A case also adds a much needed grip to the phone.

While the screen is not fragile, it's not the toughest either. I'm not sure what screen protector can help in terms of drops. I've heard people complain about finding one with a perfect fit that doesnt lift up. I personally don't use one.

Overall, it's a great device. Amazon has S7 edge cases for pretty cheap. I'd check there first.
    the tall guy likes this.
    02-19-2017 03:47 AM
    BestSkinsEver makes a great protector especially for this problem that if applied carefully, will not lift off w a case. Also, really, really clear and feels good. Make sure you're picking the right one-you may have to dig a bit.
    Been using the Tech21 case and Spigen for a year w no problems. Probably been lucky w drops though. I can't imagine if this landed on a corner or small stone that the edge would survive.
    02-19-2017 07:25 AM
    Caseology makes some great cases also. I have a Parallax series I've been really happy with.
    02-19-2017 08:41 AM
    Got the speck military grade clear case the day I got the edge. So far I've had it on since last summer, no cracks on the phone or case. It's one of the best cases I've had, as far the screen it's flawless, even with no screenprotector.
    Law2138 likes this.
    02-19-2017 09:28 AM
    I'm currently using the unicorn beetle pro. I also have the UAG. Although I like the looks of the UAG better, the unicorn beetle pro offers better front protection. It is also a snug fit. I'm using a yootech wet screen protector on mine. The tempered glass ones don't work too well with cases.
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    02-19-2017 10:36 AM
    I am planning on purchasing an At&t Samsung S7 Edge. I'm a little hard on my phones, so I always get a 3 piece case and screen protector. So far, knock on wood, I have never cracked a screen or damaged the housing. If I were to buy an edge, what case would you folks recommend? Also, is their a good curved glass screen protector that fits the edge? Finally, is it easier to damage an Edge phone, even if I have a good case, as compared to a regular Samsung S7?
    The Otterbox Defender would probably be your best bet for protection. As far as screen protectors are concerned, the BodyGuardz HD Curved Screen Protector at AT&T was the one screen protector I had the best luck with. It has to be put on almost perfectly if you want it to stick to the edges, though.
    02-19-2017 10:46 AM
    I use the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro and holster combo. Has worked great for me. I work in construction so I have to have something reasonably tough. This case/holster combo has hung on the back of my tool belt for months and has held up great. I tried the OtterBox Defender but the built in screen protector was horrible. Took the protector out and that messed up the working of the buttons on the side of the phone.

I'm pretty careful with my phones and have not had any severe drops. Phone is still in mint condition.

As for a screen protector, I've tried a couple glass ones and they were a waste of money. I haven't tried them all though so I can't speak for all. Someone else may have better advice on a glass protector. As for my screen, I've had a Yootech wet apply protector on it for about 6 months and it works great. Not a lot of drop protection but it protects from scratches.

Good luck with your S7E. I have gone through iPhones and Pixels and I still come back to the Edge. I have a Pixel I'm selling on eBay and an iPhone 7 sitting in a drawer while I'm using my Edge. The Edge truly is a great phone. And that's not to take anything away from the awesome Pixel. I just prefer the S7E.
    Gray Area likes this.
    02-19-2017 10:51 AM
    I went with the UAG case, as it's MILSPEC certified. Which I've tested and validated. Easy to get on, low profile and the button action is a noticeable improvement. Don't have a screen protector, as I've never yet had one that works to my satisfaction
    02-19-2017 11:46 AM
    I tried the Otterbox Defender - you can't type on the edges. Using the Otterbox Symmetry, I like it a lot.

Highly recommend this
    Samsung S7 Edge Case Question-img_0347.jpg

No issues so far pairing those 2.

$8 shipped
    02-19-2017 07:33 PM
    Using the Otterbox Defender for about 6 months... while not a perfect screen protector it's not as bad as some people say. But you don't have too worry about drops etc... phone is mint with the case off.
    02-20-2017 07:40 PM
    If you don't mind a metal case along with a little extra effort you can try the armor king iron man case. It covers the screen so you don't need a screen protector. I have it and it's a great case except for some minor things the manufacturer didn't think about when considering the s7 edge features.

1. It has a pointless metal X on the back preventing wireless charging.
    2. The plastic around the sensor to measure heart rate prevents an accurate reading if it will detect your finger at all.

To remedy this, I ripped the metal X off the back exposing the plastic and put a little vinyl on the plastic to cover the glue (I suppose you could use something to wipe the glue off but I just covered it). Vualla wireless charging works fine. Second, I used a dremmel and cut the piece of plastic off that was dividing the rear camera and heart rate sensor. Now I can check my heart rate.

It's a good looking sturdy case that still is easy enough to take off for VR use.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung S7 Edge Case Question-8711.jpg  
    02-21-2017 05:49 AM
    Closed
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung S7 Edge Case Question-8710.jpg  
    02-21-2017 05:54 AM
    Great information all. But which of these recommendations don't interfere with Wirless Charging? I think I'm about to switch over to a Mophie case for just that reason. Protection and wireless charging and extra juice.
    02-21-2017 07:53 AM
    The otterbox commuter and symmetry cases don't interfere with wireless charging. I use the commuter on my note 5 and the symmetry on my s7 edge with no issues.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    02-21-2017 08:31 AM
    I use the OtterBox Symmetry case on my edge and my 7 plus it offers great protection with no or little bulk at all. The case holds up well over the years very tough case in my opinion.
    02-21-2017 11:02 AM
    Great information all. But which of these recommendations don't interfere with Wirless Charging? I think I'm about to switch over to a Mophie case for just that reason. Protection and wireless charging and extra juice.
    I love the mophie case but I don't use it for 1 reason, the wireless and regular wired charging is so slow. I mean slow to a point it negates the benefit of having that extra battery in the case. It's sad considering the case costs $100! I keep it in my bag for those days where I will be away from a charger for a long period if time (fishing day etc...)

If you use the mophie as your main case, your better off taking the phone out and charging them separately at the same time to assist in the charging time.
    02-21-2017 01:59 PM
    Additionally, I've found as long as a case isn't metal I the back most Qi chargers can charge the phone in cases up to 5-7mm thick maybe more! It's very good. Pma chargers on the other hand you might only be able to use a case about 2-3mm thick.

This of course is my experience with my chargers which range from the Samsung puck style (qi) charger, generic puck (qi) chargers and Duracell powermat (pma) chargers.
    02-21-2017 02:03 PM
    I cannot get my Samsun wirless charger to work with my symmetry, it says charging and within a minute the light on the charger starts blinking. The same thing it does if you put the phone on crooked. I got tired of it slidding off and hitting the floor so I just use my regular charger now.
    02-21-2017 03:44 PM
    Wireless charging works fine with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. I have a Tylt Vu charger and it works fine through the case.
    02-21-2017 10:29 PM
    Or just plop it on the charger overnight and not worry about how slow it's charging 😀 (in reply to Mophie and speed of wireless charging)
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    02-22-2017 07:41 AM
    Or just plop it on the charger overnight and not worry about how slow it's charging 😀 (in reply to Mophie and speed of wireless charging)
    I've actually done that after depleting the mophie battery and having about 20% phone battery left and woke up 4-5hrs later and the phone battery was full but the mophie had only charged about 75% (3 out of 4 light dots)

Another thing that disappointed me about my mophie case is its not water resistant. Which ruins the point of having a water resistant phone in some instances. Don't get me wrong it's a good case, I just expected more for the price of it.
    02-22-2017 07:49 AM