• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    For the life of me I cant figure out how to change between keyboards on Nougat. Its like there's a missing window/popup to select input method that used to be there in Android M.

This is what ive been doing.
    Settings> General Management> Language and Input> Virtual Keyboard> There I can see all my keyboards installed, but cant change which one I want to use.

Thanks in advance.
    02-19-2017 07:23 AM
    I just figured this out this morning. In the settings, general settings, click language, then click on virtual keyboard. It lets you change the input method in there...nevermind I didn't read all the way duh. It's letting me change mine that way though
    02-19-2017 07:27 AM
    I had to install swiftkey, then enable it, just to get the select keyboard popup to show. after I selected swiftkey, no I can no longer get it to come back. Had to uninstall, then reinstall, just to select a different keyboard. What am I missing here.
    02-19-2017 07:50 AM
    For the life of me I cant figure out how to change between keyboards on Nougat. Its like there's a missing window/popup to select input method that used to be there in Android M.

This is what ive been doing.
    Settings> General Management> Language and Input> Virtual Keyboard> There I can see all my keyboards installed, but cant change which one I want to use.

Thanks in advance.
    Same here.
    02-19-2017 09:22 AM
    I just tried it and it worked fine. If you tap a field where the keyboard would typically pop up, and the swipe down the notification bar, the input option is still there, it let me switch between SwiftKey and Samsung keyboard without issue.

anthony2558 likes this.
    02-19-2017 09:26 AM
    OK. I see what you did. I didn't know that. The other way that I used to on M or any other version of Android was via the language and input settings menu.

Thank you tho.
    02-19-2017 09:51 AM
    OK. I see what you did. I didn't know that. The other way that I used to on M or any other version of Android was via the language and input settings menu.

Thank you tho.
    Try long press on the spacebar, a popup should let you choose your keyboard
    04-05-2017 06:19 AM
    This app works well.
    Attached Thumbnails How to change between keyboards S7 Edge Android N-56014.jpg  
    04-05-2017 06:48 AM
    They didn't change it. That thing on the notification bar to change keyboards has been present since Jellybean. My Tab 4 still runs Jellybean and it has that when I have a keyboard open.

Here's a screenshot from my Tab

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bc44362dce.jpg

Plus I can select the input in the language and input section. Just tap the default keyboard option. The guys in the previous posts have been missing that and going into the wrong menu.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3ed1eae33a.jpg
    There is no defult keyboard option in Android N on Galaxy S7 edge. Or am I just missing it also.
    Wiyada puangthong likes this.
    09-19-2017 12:02 PM
    There is no defult keyboard option in Android N on Galaxy S7 edge. Or am I just missing it also.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...01480198e7.jpg
    I'm using an S7 Edge Nougat, dual sim Exynos version on August Security Patch.
    09-19-2017 01:00 PM
    I'm using an S7 Edge Nougat, dual sim Exynos version on August Security Patch.
    Then you should know in Android N they got rid of defult keyboard option.
    09-19-2017 02:02 PM
    Then you should know in Android N they got rid of defult keyboard option.
    Uh no. They didn't. Not on my phone. I still have it. I already posted a screen shot.

Here's a video
    09-19-2017 08:01 PM
    Uh no. They didn't. Not on my phone. I still have it. I already posted a screen shot.

Here's a video
    I found out why you have it and we don't. Because we are in the US. Samsung hasn't been sued here by forcing users to use their software so they still make it as hard as they can to change it. Where as in other countries (mostly EU countries) they have been going after tech giants that don't make it easy to change stuff like that.
    09-20-2017 11:39 AM
    I found out why you have it and we don't. Because we are in the US. Samsung hasn't been sued here by forcing users to use their software so they still make it as hard as they can to change it. Where as in other countries (mostly EU countries) they have been going after tech giants that don't make it easy to change stuff like that.
    It's actually easier to do from the drop down but hey I dunno. Mostly it's your carriers doing shady stuff. I mean AT&T did disable the mobile data toggle.
    09-20-2017 11:41 AM
    It's actually easier to do from the drop down but hey I dunno. Mostly it's your carriers doing shady stuff. I mean AT&T did disable the mobile data toggle.
    wow. I would for sure go after them if I used them cause I average about 30GB a month on usage. lol. and i guess added setting gives me more of a reason to get the international version next time. Just usually don't have that kind of money to pay all at once.
    09-20-2017 11:44 AM
    I don't know about "default", but it was really easy to set up GBoard on my AT&T S7 Edge on Nougat. The menus were buried a bit deep, admittedly, but it was there (disclaimer: I only have the AT&T edition, other carriers might have done other things):

Settings / General Management / Language and Input / Virtual Keyboard / Manage Keyboards

Turned Gboard ON
    Turned Samsung keyboard OFF

Hope this helps....
    09-22-2017 07:29 AM
    wow. I would for sure go after them if I used them cause I average about 30GB a month on usage. lol. and i guess added setting gives me more of a reason to get the international version next time. Just usually don't have that kind of money to pay all at once.
    They disabled the toggle, but you can still go into settings, or if you have a launcher like Nova you can make a settings toggle on your desktop. Admittedly is stinks that they turned off the toggle, which is very convenient. AT&T did the same thing on several of my phones with the Mobile Hotspot over the years. I was paying for it, but had to scour 5 menu options deep to turn it on (until I discovered that I could create a launcher straight to Hotspot setup on my desktop with Nova, or make a toggle in Power Toggles). Same thing with the flashlight (if anything deserves to be a toggle, it'd be the flashlight, right? AT&T disagrees apparently on some phones).
    09-22-2017 07:33 AM
    Had the same problem but found out that you may go to play store, then installed apps, find the keyboard to switch to, click "open". The switch will be there.
    02-01-2018 10:10 AM