03-01-2017 07:17 AM
83 1234
tools
    They have not released Nougat for the unlocked models yet.
    so i won't get any update from sprint anymore because my device is unlocked? little bit confused here
    02-27-2017 04:51 AM
    so i won't get any update from sprint anymore because my device is unlocked? little bit confused here
    Unlocked models receive updates from Samsung not the carrier. What do you mean by anymore?
    02-27-2017 05:03 AM
    Unlocked models receive updates from Samsung not the carrier. What do you mean by anymore?
    mine is actually sprint version but get unlocked so i can use other sim card,is that mean i don't get updates form sprint but from samsung?
    02-27-2017 05:27 AM
    mine is actually sprint version but get unlocked so i can use other sim card,is that mean i don't get updates form sprint but from samsung?
    I thought you meant a U.S. unlocked model. You will get your updates from Sprint. According to a schedule posted in the beta forum all Sprint users should receive the update by the 27th, which happens to be today.
    02-27-2017 05:34 AM
    It's been a nightmare... Had to reset the phone twice. E mail isn't syncing up for my gmail account at all... Something about the server not working. It's also doing this for my other e mail address as well. Restoring back up didn't work right either and I had to redo all my folders and stuff. And redo my theme. The Note 7 didn't do this crap. They should have done more testing to make sure everything was working properly before releasing it...
    02-27-2017 06:29 AM
    That's so strange, I was just telling my brother that the update to Nougat was the smoothest update I've ever done...

Lost one icon (phone) on the home screen.

#GhostInTheMachine?
    bigmo555 likes this.
    02-27-2017 06:48 AM
    I thought you meant a U.S. unlocked model. You will get your updates from Sprint. According to a schedule posted in the beta forum all Sprint users should receive the update by the 27th, which happens to be today.
    yes that's what i mean, U.S. unlocked model and still no updates until now,thanks for answering
    02-27-2017 06:53 AM
    OK. I updated my S7 Edge yesterday and today I hate my phone. The pull down notification is all bright white and I can hardly read it. I changed my theme so that all of the other Icons I lost came back and my text messages brought back the names of the people instead of the stupid letter. Does anyone have any ideas for changing the background to the pull down menu to dark? I have the blue light filter on and that does nothing... its just too bright.
    02-27-2017 09:06 AM
    OK. I updated my S7 Edge yesterday and today I hate my phone. The pull down notification is all bright white and I can hardly read it. I changed my theme so that all of the other Icons I lost came back and my text messages brought back the names of the people instead of the stupid letter. Does anyone have any ideas for changing the background to the pull down menu to dark? I have the blue light filter on and that does nothing... its just too bright.
    You can't change it.
    02-27-2017 09:34 AM
    Do yourselves a favor and don't do the update. I been regretting it. Everything isn't working right. I'm not getting notifications in the bar or on the AOD. Not getting sound for it either. Battery has been draining 20-30%. And e mails are not working at all. Something about the server not working? And can't sync up...
    02-27-2017 10:22 AM
    I have had problems with changing ringtone and notification tones as well, I change them and they do not change even after restarting. hopefully they come up with a patch for this weird stuff we are all seeing sooner than later.
    02-27-2017 11:21 AM
    Anyone having problems after the update should, first thing, boot into recovery and clear cache. In fact, that's probably not a bad idea even if you aren't having problems.
    ToddK likes this.
    02-27-2017 02:12 PM
    Anyone having problems after the update should, first thing, boot into recovery and clear cache. In fact, that's probably not a bad idea even if you aren't having problems.
    Definitely a great suggestion. I would also like to add, in addition to that, going into storage and clearing all apps cache.
    02-27-2017 02:20 PM
    Before the update I had keyboard shortcuts that I could use for responding to texts or filling in my email address on forms, but I can't seem to find where I can do that anymore. Has this feature been removed?
    02-27-2017 03:50 PM
    Good idea.

But, why can't something like this be a part of the update process?

It seems to me that so many people have serious issues after every software update, that Google would make it another step in the install of the update...

I'm sure it could be done. Well, actually I don't have a clue if it could be done... But, it sure -should- be. 🤣
    02-27-2017 03:57 PM
    yes that's what i mean, U.S. unlocked model and still no updates until now,thanks for answering
    I think you are confusing unlocking the sim of your carrier variant from purchasing a non carrier unlocked phone. Did you get the update today?
    02-27-2017 08:16 PM
    FYI - if you hate the nougat update, Samsung is proactively tallying a list of issues... put your two cents in. I loved my phone... now I hate my phone and it happened that quick with nougat

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../m-p/72526#M65
    02-27-2017 09:35 PM
    FYI - if you hate the nougat update, Samsung is proactively tallying a list of issues... put your two cents in. I loved my phone... now I hate my phone and it happened that quick with nougat

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../m-p/72526#M65
    How come?
    02-27-2017 09:38 PM
    I think you are confusing unlocking the sim of your carrier variant from purchasing a non carrier unlocked phone. Did you get the update today?
    nope,still no update and i don't know why
    S7 Edge - Sprint Nougat Update-screenshot_20170226-003304.jpg
    02-28-2017 12:19 AM
    [QUOTE=beanpa11;5693744]nope,still no update and i don't know why

I am not sure why you have not received it yet either. Have you talked to Sprint yet? I attached a screenshot of the Roll-Out Schedule for you. When you talk to Sprint that is what they should see on their screen. Let me know what happens, I am interested.
    S7 Edge - Sprint Nougat Update-screenshot_20170227-233148.png
    02-28-2017 12:39 AM
    After the update I'm having issues with video play back. My videos are choppy, start and stop. I'm getting the server error when opening certain apps or downloading apps.
    02-28-2017 12:59 AM
    i cant ask sprint because I am not in U.S,i got this phone secondhand,is there any online chat service from sprint?
    02-28-2017 01:02 AM
    i cant ask sprint because I am not in U.S,i got this phone secondhand,is there any online chat service from sprint?
    You kind of left that information out previously. I am with Verizon and you can update without a Verizon SIM using their software. There are other methods maybe someone can help you with. Here is the Sprint chat service link for you.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/chat/?ECID=vanity:chat
    02-28-2017 01:52 AM
    the chat service require phone number and i can use mine since its not sprint phone number, thanks for answering and the link
    You kind of left that information out previously. I am with Verizon and you can update without a Verizon SIM using their software. There are other methods maybe someone can help you with. Here is the Sprint chat service link for you.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/chat/?ECID=vanity:chat
    02-28-2017 02:07 AM
    I updated last night. Cleared cache, and haven't noticed any issues so far. I like that it seems much smoother and quicker than MM. I hate the blindingly bright look of Nougat. Fortunately, you can tone most of the UI down by using a dark theme, and there are lots of free ones, but there are a few things that apparently can't be changed. The most noticeable of those is the notification shade, which is just obnoxiously bright no matter what you do. Google has got the worst UI designers in the industry, I've decided. Each new version of MD just gets worse than the one before.
    02-28-2017 12:59 PM
83 1234