S7 Edge - Sprint Nougat Update

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
11440d9bfe4977d3053667c6814dc0ee.jpg
751397084e81d2a0018fee0216d3520e.jpg

So far so good. First cycle was great. I was on WiFi all day and typically my battery life is used mostly by my listening to music. I didnt listen to to much music but with heavy usage im happy. Most people get barly half of whay i got so im satisfied. Its at 10% and although it says i have battery saver on i had just turned it on while i looked for my charger to charge it.

Last edited:

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
So far good... After a few minutes it booted up. I charged it last night so we'll see how it performs and the battery life.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
It does. It also seems like nougat has allot of idle drain. I went to the store with 77% with an hour and 30mins of sot and came home with 69%. This trip was barley a an hour. Hopfully it settles in over the weekend.

hockey9

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with their predictive text after the update? It works fine while texting, but if browsing the web such as Google's search bar it doesn't have predictive text. I've checked my language and input as well as the settings under Google. Also not a fan of the update to the text icons

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
mine is actually sprint version but get unlocked so i can use other sim card,is that mean i don't get updates form sprint but from samsung?
I thought you meant a U.S. unlocked model. You will get your updates from Sprint. According to a schedule posted in the beta forum all Sprint users should receive the update by the 27th, which happens to be today.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
It's been a nightmare... Had to reset the phone twice. E mail isn't syncing up for my gmail account at all... Something about the server not working. It's also doing this for my other e mail address as well. Restoring back up didn't work right either and I had to redo all my folders and stuff. And redo my theme. The Note 7 didn't do this crap. They should have done more testing to make sure everything was working properly before releasing it...

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That's so strange, I was just telling my brother that the update to Nougat was the smoothest update I've ever done...

Lost one icon (phone) on the home screen.

#GhostInTheMachine?

beanpa11

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
I thought you meant a U.S. unlocked model. You will get your updates from Sprint. According to a schedule posted in the beta forum all Sprint users should receive the update by the 27th, which happens to be today.
yes that's what i mean, U.S. unlocked model and still no updates until now,thanks for answering

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
OK. I updated my S7 Edge yesterday and today I hate my phone. The pull down notification is all bright white and I can hardly read it. I changed my theme so that all of the other Icons I lost came back and my text messages brought back the names of the people instead of the stupid letter. Does anyone have any ideas for changing the background to the pull down menu to dark? I have the blue light filter on and that does nothing... its just too bright.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
OK. I updated my S7 Edge yesterday and today I hate my phone. The pull down notification is all bright white and I can hardly read it. I changed my theme so that all of the other Icons I lost came back and my text messages brought back the names of the people instead of the stupid letter. Does anyone have any ideas for changing the background to the pull down menu to dark? I have the blue light filter on and that does nothing... its just too bright.
You can't change it.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Do yourselves a favor and don't do the update. I been regretting it. Everything isn't working right. I'm not getting notifications in the bar or on the AOD. Not getting sound for it either. Battery has been draining 20-30%. And e mails are not working at all. Something about the server not working? And can't sync up...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463