Hey Everyone,

OK so this is a bit of a multi-part question... I'll go in order of importance...

1) My Galaxy S7 Edge has been overheating lately. I don't necessarily care if it gets a little warm, but since I demo a VR Music Video that was made for me on the Gear VR and need it to work, it's a problem. Now understand it DOES NOT overheat during using the Gear VR. I mean it probably does sometimes, but that's not the issue. The issue is it's already overheated when I go to start using the Gear VR and I get the notification that "your Galaxy s7 edge is too hot, let it cool down before using the Gear VR" or something like that.

2) In troubleshooting I just went to safe mode... Now I gotta give it a little while to see, but I have a feeling that yes, it's not going to overheat at all in safe mode, and also it appears performance is 10x better than normal.

So with those two said... what are my options? I could do a system restore (pain in the butt), but I don't know that it would really help if I just end up reinstalling all the apps I have installed anyway. Seems like the issue would remain after? And what if an app I use on a daily basis is part of my problem? Then I wouldn't even know what to do. Any suggestions?

and then 3) I noticed during my reboot into safe mode, during the white screen during boot up, it is clear that I have some kind of screen burn in from facebook messenger. I thought i noticed it the other day too. But you can pretty clearly see the UI of facebook messenger towards the top of the screen (like right under where your status bar would be) during the white screen. Is this bad? Is it a reason to get a warranty replacement? The phone isn't even a year old yet.
    02-21-2017 07:26 PM
    btw... follow up... if instead of a system restore, if i just delete every app i haven't used in a while and see if that makes a difference... COULD that make a difference? or is it not good enough to delete apps, i gotta not install them in the first place (after a restore)
    02-21-2017 07:40 PM