nougat downloading now

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is yours any carrier in particular? The S7 Edge (unlocked) has been rolling out for a while, and most US carriers are rolling out theirs. If you're like me and hate pop-up notifications, ge ready to despise the Nougat update on the S7 Edge. Yes, it's speedier and battery does seem to last longer... but now there's no way to disable that (insert VERY foul language here) feature like you could before; now you have to disable the notification's sound and vibration too if you want to get rid of the intrusive pop up.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My s7 edge got updated Friday the 17th. At this point you should probably place blame on your carrier and not Samsung.
Although my TMO HTC 10 had it months before my TMO s7 edee. That would be a Samsung issue.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My s7 edge got updated Friday the 17th. At this point you should probably place blame on your carrier and not Samsung.
Although my TMO HTC 10 had it months before my TMO s7 edee. That would be a Samsung issue.
I have the XEU unlocked uk edition which hasn't got it, yet some carriers editions have so I lay the blame on Samsung.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If it helps ease the pain, I have zero update notifications on my unlocked Moto Z.

That could be due to me flashing the Nougat firmware myself but I'm running on an older build and I have zero notifications for a newer build.

It's also rooted with a custom recovery, but as far as I know, rooting and a custom recovery don't stop your device from receiving OTA updates, but will cause it to fail when trying to install said update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci