Missing icons on pages

msross

May 23, 2010
Visit site
After shutting the phone off for charging overnight, I am missing certain icons at the same place on the first three pages. I have to reinsert them only to have them disappear the next day. I tried to insert different icons in the same spots and they disappear also. It seams to be a function of the location on the page. I am running Nougat 7.0. This phenomenon only happened after the Nougat update
Any suggestions

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the nougat update allows for turning the phone off, and keeping icons which are on the SD card from being removed

I'm not sure about that one. I don't keep any apps on SD card, but I'm also not sure if the reason these are 'disappearing' are because they're on SD card or because the SD card is failing. If the phone is unmounting the SD card now after shutting down and re-mounting AFTER it reboots, then that would explain why the icons are disappearing. Unfortunately, if this is the case, I don't think there'll be a setting to prevent that.

Last edited:

msross

May 23, 2010
Visit site
My apps are on the sd card that are missing, but some of the other apps on the sd card are not missing after shut down......this only happened when I upgraded to Nougat

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you try moving any of the disappearing apps to internal memory and see if that clears the issue? If so, and since not all apps do it, I'm afraid it'll also be an issue with the app itself when run on nougat and you should submit the bug to the developer.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If that works, then try moving the app back to SD. Just trying to make sure that it is the SD part that's causing it or maybe it was some cache thing that clears when you move to internal and back to SD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2