Nougat (T-Mobile) - wait or download now?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've read some people having issues with their S7Edge after the Nougat update. I just got mine new today from T-T-Mobile and there is the update notice that it's available, but I was going to wait until I at least got some more feedback on it. I usually like to update right away but there seem to have been a few issues with people's phones after the update. I'm not sure if that's related to how they got or did the update, etc. I wasn't in on the Beta thing - this is an update straight from Tmobile, notice on the phone.

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine updated overnight and I'm beyond frustrated. The phone keeps restarting on its own. It has restarted over a dozen times since I left my house at 7 this morning. T-Force is helping me but I feel like a master wipe/reset is going to need to be done. My suggestion for you is to wait.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Did the update last Friday, no major issues. When the phone rebooted during the upgrade it stayed on the white T-Mobile splash screen for about 5 minutes. Two of my four short cuts at the bottom got removed but that was easy to put them back. Those were the only hiccups I had.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I updated to Nougat yesterday on my TMO S7E. Running smooth for me, no issues. Waiting to see how battery life is but I don't notice anything different (for better or worse) as of now.

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Updated my T-Mobile S7 Edge last Friday to 7.0. Battery life was bad before, and seems just as bad, if not worse (and I'm on 1080P, too). I was watching a video moments ago, and the phone froze and restarted itself. I've had this happen many times before with a few different s7 edges throughout the past year, but this is the first time it has happened on 7.0. Restarted the phone and it was very hot, and extremely laggy. I haven't done a factory reset yet...

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I updated mind yesterday. No issues except not getting notifications. So far, so good!

What type of notifications? MMS? I updated mine Friday it was released and notifications from IPN which use my number@tmomail.net no longer come to my phone. BUT its a Nougat issue.
I tested with my HTC 10 and Now testing with a Nexus 6 and all fail to pass the message to the phone.
Going back to my S6 on 6.0.1 and i get the pages.

Other then that Nougat is fine for me.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Does Nougat happen to allow the Data toggle button to appear back in the Notification drop down menu?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does Nougat happen to allow the Data toggle button to appear back in the Notification drop down menu?

Nougat has it (basically Android does) – T-Mobile is the one who removes the toggle for that and also removes the toggle for hotspot.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My US unlocked non nougat Edge has those toggles so yes, it is T-Mobile removing them.
You know what's interesting though question the LG v20 that I had that I turned in to get this Edge that phone also TMobile did have the data toggle and it was not unlocked I had bought it direct from T-Mobile so strange

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset last night and at first there was an improvement regarding the restarting....it didn't happen. When I woke up this morning, my phone was acting as if it had been restarted, required my pattern instead of fingerprint. Then, a moment or so after unlocking, the phone restarted. It's done it a few times already this morning but not nearly as frequent as yesterday when it happened almost every 30 minutes. T-Mobile said that they have received a lot of customer complaints about this and are working on a software fix but no ETA on that.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I updated mine that I just bought on the $360 deal. I've had no issues at all, but then again it is a new phone and I have nothing to compare it to. I will say battery life is no where near as good as my Pixel XL.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I updated mine that I just bought on the $360 deal. I've had no issues at all, but then again it is a new phone and I have nothing to compare it to. I will say battery life is no where near as good as my Pixel XL.
Mine is brand new tool got yesterday. I'm debating on doing the nougat now or waiting.