Nougat - notifications are so WHITE and bright - any darker shades?

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm enjoying the Nougat update from AT&T but have one complaint.

The notification shade is so white and the pale Blue icons are hard to read - they just don't stand out like they did in Marshmallow. Are there any settings to change it to a better contrast? Or, maybe change a light gray background with a darker blue or another color?

Thanks

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

The notification shade is so white and the pale Blue icons are hard to read - they just don't stand out like they did in Marshmallow. Are there any settings to change it to a better contrast? Or, maybe change a light gray background with a darker blue or another color?

Thanks

Same issue here on Sprint.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks
Download a theme from the theme store!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe he/she is, but from what I read it sounds like the notification center.
I must be confused then. I know the quick settings and many other things can be changed. What is the notification center? Nevermind, your talking about the notification shade. I got ya! Again, sorry!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I must be confused then. I know the quick settings and many other things can be changed. What is the notification center? Nevermind, your talking about the notification shade. I got ya! Again, sorry!
So, if OP is talking about notification shade, I'm confused too because there aren't really icons per say on the notification shade and my text is black, not pale blue.
The quick settings panel (or whatever you want to call it) can be themed, which is what it seems the OP is asking.
ea5070383e84130ec3f3e2d8026a5e71.jpg

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I want dark notifications...

Pull that thing down at night, and you'll be blinded by the bright!

Apologies to Bruce Springsteen... 🤣😎