Desperately need battery help!

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely hate this phone! I came from a s6 and I thought that phone was bad on battery but the s7 edge is worse. I had 2 different note 7's for several months set up exactly the same as my s7 edge and battery life was amazing. It seems no matter what I try I can't get more than 10-12 hours on a full charge with minimal use whether I'm on WiFi or not. It actually seems to get worse battery life when I'm not using the phone than when I am. I'm running out of ideas to try. Nothing seems to help. Here are some screenshots from today. Edit-For some reason I can only post one screenshot per post so scroll down for more screenshots please.

Attachments

• 4853.jpg
    4853.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely hate this phone! I came from a s6 and I thought that phone was bad on battery but the s7 edge is worse. I had 2 different note 7's for several months set up exactly the same as my s7 edge and battery life was amazing. It seems no matter what I try I can't get more than 10-12 hours on a full charge with minimal use whether I'm on WiFi or not. It actually seems to get worse battery life when I'm not using the phone than when I am. I'm running out of ideas to try. Nothing seems to help. Here are some screenshots from today. View attachment 252830View attachment 252832View attachment 252833View attachment 252837View attachment 252838

Well your media centre shouldn't be running like that. Do you have an SD card in? Check to see what the battery drop rate is like minus the SD card (from a full charge, cache clear and restart)

Doris Sheh

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Some tips:
Dim the screen's brightness;
Keep your softwares updated;
Turn off vibration;
Shut down notifications;
Limit location services;
Turn off the apps that you don’t use;
Last, you can find apps to help you which let you put the apps in hibernate mode, such as greenify.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Some tips:
Dim the screen's brightness;
Keep your softwares updated;
Turn off vibration;
Shut down notifications;
Limit location services;
Turn off the apps that you don’t use;
Last, you can find apps to help you which let you put the apps in hibernate mode, such as greenify.
I actually turned off some apps the other day and everything is updated. I have been using Greenify for about a week with no really noticeable help. I keep location services set to power saving. I even tried putting the phone in airplane mode for the five hours I was at work. In those 5 hours from 6am to 11am I was down to 50% from a complete charge just like I always was.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, for some reason most of the screenshots I posted didn't show up. Anyone know why you can only put one picture per post? I know I see more than one picture on other people's posts. I'm using the mobile app.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well your media centre shouldn't be running like that. Do you have an SD card in? Check to see what the battery drop rate is like minus the SD card (from a full charge, cache clear and restart)

I usually listen to mp3 music from my phone for about the first hour I'm at work, that's when media server shows up. I do know on days I don't play music mediaserver doesn't show up but I see no noticeable difference in battery either way

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
This S7E is actually the best phone atm for battery or the pixel XL. It seems you have a syncing issue on your gmail with your photos, apps, contacts ot something, or it is an app. Reboot in safe mode and see

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This S7E is actually the best phone atm for battery or the pixel XL. It seems you have a syncing issue on your gmail with your photos, apps, contacts ot something, or it is an app. Reboot in safe mode and see

Thanks for responding. Just curious what makes you think it could be a syncing issue? That's the first time someone mentioned that one to me. Also how do I reboot into safe mode and what will that tell me?

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for responding. Just curious what makes you think it could be a syncing issue? That's the first time someone mentioned that one to me. Also how do I reboot into safe mode and what will that tell me?

Hmmm, hadn't considered that. Remove your Gmail account in the settings and then uninstall the app and disable it if you can, if not then leave it at factory settings. Clear cache and restart then see what the same GSAM stats are like under a full charge.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, hadn't considered that. Remove your Gmail account in the settings and then uninstall the app and disable it if you can, if not then leave it at factory settings. Clear cache and restart then see what the same GSAM stats are like under a full charge.

I'll try it but I know I can't uninstall gmail. I have gmail at default settings right now though. What are you guys seeing to make you think it could be gmail?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I was having questionable battery life on my S7E and i did a few things, and now it gets better standby time then my iPhone did. I was on the nougat beta which was getting me horrible battery life, especially standby time. I odin'ed back to the latest Verizon firmware available first of all. Second I had google photos syncing in the background because I have unlimited data and I don't really care how much data I use (the old unlimited data from Verizon), I made it so it only syncs on wifi.

Next, I have 3 apps that CONSTANTLY notify me, so I disabled background data usage on 3 apps. Instagram, Facebook, and Slickdeals. I was never one of the people that got 1% battery drain per hour, mine was always more like 5-10% per hour. Now I go into work with my battery at 100% and taking maybe about 5-6 calls per day during work, and maybe 45 minutes of use I leave work and its still 70-75% which I'm pretty happy with considering before it would be at about 40. Hope this helps.

Also, try clearing your cache also via recovery. That has always helped at least some of my battery woes.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was having questionable battery life on my S7E and i did a few things, and now it gets better standby time then my iPhone did. I was on the nougat beta which was getting me horrible battery life, especially standby time. I odin'ed back to the latest Verizon firmware available first of all. Second I had google photos syncing in the background because I have unlimited data and I don't really care how much data I use (the old unlimited data from Verizon), I made it so it only syncs on wifi.

Next, I have 3 apps that CONSTANTLY notify me, so I disabled background data usage on 3 apps. Instagram, Facebook, and Slickdeals. I was never one of the people that got 1% battery drain per hour, mine was always more like 5-10% per hour. Now I go into work with my battery at 100% and taking maybe about 5-6 calls per day during work, and maybe 45 minutes of use I leave work and its still 70-75% which I'm pretty happy with considering before it would be at about 40. Hope this helps.

Also, try clearing your cache also via recovery. That has always helped at least some of my battery woes.

Thanks for the help. I have already tried clearing the cache. I even put the phone in airplane mode for most the day while I was at work and no difference. I thought for sure that would help but nope.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm too having android OS problems with battery life, Android OS has uploaded 600MB in the last few days and i cant work out why .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey