03-05-2017 12:09 PM
44 12
tools
    I'm actually referring to my pixel, not s7e. If you read it over again I said I threw my s7e in the drawer because of how bad the battery is managed on Samsung software.
    Haha... This is funny, and proves that each person has a different experience
    02-27-2017 09:02 AM
    Haha... This is funny, and proves that each person has a different experience
    Yeah pretty crazy. It's funny too because the s7 edge forum posts are one after the other of how bad the battery life is...Yet you go over to a pixel and iPhone forum and battery discussion is non existent. The only battery discussion is positive posts. Should tell ya something in the end. I have yet to have a Samsung phone that has stellar battery life.
    02-27-2017 09:04 AM
    Im not entirely sure what android os includes into its calculations. Is your phone sleeping? Did it start happening after nougat? There are allot of things that come into play whe trying to diagnose drain. It could be wifi or Apps like Facebook and messenger are know battery killers. Also, try wiping cache partition.
    After Nougat I can't watch Twitch streams, sometimes can't watch YouTube, and my phone standby time is crap losing 20-30% in my pocket on strong wifi or cell signal in 3 hours. And for some reason yesterday my phone said Google Photos was my biggest battery drain even though I rarely ever use it. This is the worst update for this phone for me so far. And yes I factory reset it and wiped the cache. Idk what's happening to it.
    02-27-2017 09:19 AM
    After Nougat I can't watch Twitch streams, sometimes can't watch YouTube, and my phone standby time is crap losing 20-30% in my pocket on strong wifi or cell signal in 3 hours. And for some reason yesterday my phone said Google Photos was my biggest battery drain even though I rarely ever use it. This is the worst update for this phone for me so far. And yes I factory reset it and wiped the cache. Idk what's happening to it.
    Does google photos sync to backup photos? Try going into safemode and running with that for a day..that being said In safe mode you might not be able to use twitch but you can use YouTube and other stock apps. Try wiping your chache partition too. All else fails try doing a factory reset.

Edit: this is a loong shot but it could also be a damaged media file that google photos might be trying to read over and over. When a phone doesnt sleep its a pretty good indication that something is causing problems in the background.
    02-27-2017 09:45 AM
    First it was the damn battery draining like 20-30%. Had to reset the phone. Then when I did that now notifications are not working on the bar, or the AOD. I'm not getting the notification sound either. Plus all of my email address are not working either. Both in the Samsung app and the Gmail app. Something about the server not working and can't sync up. This is bull crap now. Is there any way to go back to the old update Marshmallow? At least that worked. From what I can see 7.0 is broken and Samsung should never had released it till it was really ready. Looks like they just cut corners. And they had plenty of time for testing this update.
    crystinonfire likes this.
    02-27-2017 10:17 AM
    Does anyone know why Gsam now shows phone with a line through it? It was never like that before.
    Attached Thumbnails Dismal Battery Life-4881.jpg  
    02-27-2017 11:32 AM
    First it was the damn battery draining like 20-30%. Had to reset the phone. Then when I did that now notifications are not working on the bar, or the AOD. I'm not getting the notification sound either. Plus all of my email address are not working either. Both in the Samsung app and the Gmail app. Something about the server not working and can't sync up. This is bull crap now. Is there any way to go back to the old update Marshmallow? At least that worked. From what I can see 7.0 is broken and Samsung should never had released it till it was really ready. Looks like they just cut corners. And they had plenty of time for testing this update.
    This isnt happening to me.... something could be wrong with your phone software wise.
    02-27-2017 11:55 AM
    I did a factory reset, I really didn't want to, but my battery life after the Nougat update was awful, after the reset, it's much much better!
    02-27-2017 12:56 PM
    I did a factory reset, I really didn't want to, but my battery life after the Nougat update was awful, after the reset, it's much much better!
    Thats unfortunate....allot of people found similar results after resetting app permissions/ factory reset. Glad to hear everything worked out for you!
    02-27-2017 02:03 PM
    I'm actually referring to my pixel, not s7e. If you read it over again I said I threw my s7e in the drawer because of how bad the battery is managed on Samsung software.
    Yes, I know. My response was meant to contrast your experience, since my S7E has outstanding battery life.
    02-28-2017 07:07 AM
    I'm still waiting 4 the nougat update on my S7E,my battery life on MM is very good,listening 2 these battery problems on Nougat I'm not sure I want 2 upgrade 2 nougat when it arrives?when I upgraded my g4 to MM my SOT went from 5 hours down to 2 hours,I don't wanna go thru that again..
    02-28-2017 07:39 AM
    For what it is worth, I've not had any battery issues since the Nougat update.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-28-2017 09:17 AM
    This is also happening to me. Battery drain in terrible! Wiped cache and reset settings to no avail.
    02-28-2017 09:55 AM
    Apparently wiping the cache and resetting permissions didn't fix my problem. Still pathetic battery life. I've been sitting at home all day and I'm already down 56% from when I woke up around 10 a.m. to now 6:30 p.m.

Only 14% of my battery has been used by Knox today. Usually it's much higher.

02-28-2017 05:22 PM
    Knox is tied to android system. So are other few things have the same drain. Doesnt mean its using battery.
    03-03-2017 02:13 PM
    Knox is tied to android system. So are other few things have the same drain. Doesnt mean its using battery.
    But as the picture above shows it says that itself used 14% of the battery assuming I interpreted that correctly
    03-03-2017 05:00 PM
    For what it is worth, I've not had any battery issues since the Nougat update.
    Same here, in fact, Stand By battery life got better.

I did do a Factory Reset after upgrading to Nougat though, to give it a nice fresh start and it has been smooth sailing since.

I have also noticed the phone doesn't really heat up anymore, when it does it just gets a bit warm but nothing crazy.
    03-04-2017 02:25 AM
    But as the picture above shows it says that itself used 14% of the battery assuming I interpreted that correctly
    No, check knox then android system. Youll find they have the same drain.
    03-05-2017 10:31 AM
    No, check knox then android system. Youll find they have the same drain.
    They don't seem to be. See my pics above taken 5 min apart. Android system 32%, Knox 14%
    03-05-2017 12:09 PM
44 12