Dismal Battery Life

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
For me it did. I make no claims that itll help you. It can be a app running rampant in the background and not letting the phone sleep. In ops case it seems to be just an app causing problems.

For me it says that all the power is going to the kernel and the OS. All of the apps are like 3% or less. Not sure if resetting the stuff would affect the OS part of things. Although it can't possible make my battery suck more (I'd hope)

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
For me it says that all the power is going to the kernel and the OS. All of the apps are like 3% or less. Not sure if resetting the stuff would affect the OS part of things. Although it can't possible make my battery suck more (I'd hope)
Im not entirely sure what android os includes into its calculations. Is your phone sleeping? Did it start happening after nougat? There are allot of things that come into play whe trying to diagnose drain. It could be wifi or Apps like Facebook and messenger are know battery killers. Also, try wiping cache partition.

Edit: despite apps claiming that they are draining a low amount some apps call on things from google services. I dont deeply understand how it all works. But as some one posted earlier if you have bad cell signal your phone has to work harder to keep its signal. Take standby into consideration as well when lookingat your overall battery life.

Side note: reseting app permission also seemed to eneble apps that where previously disabled. Just make sure you disable them again.

Last edited:

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I moved forward last month and threw my s7 edge in my drawer and bought a pixel. It's amazing. I NEVER look at my battery stats...Why? Because I don't have to! The phone functions how it should and I haven't shut a damn thing off to "preserve" battery life. I have white backgrounds on everything because I don't need a dark background to conserve battery since it is managed so well by the software.
That sounds exactly like my S7E! I've never owned a phone, including Googles last flagship phone (6P), that even came close to doing such an excellent job of managing battery life. This S7E just blows me away how good it is on battery life with no real tweaks, no rooting, no doze apps, etc.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That sounds exactly like my S7E! I've never owned a phone, including Googles last flagship phone (6P), that even came close to doing such an excellent job of managing battery life. This S7E just blows me away how good it is on battery life with no real tweaks, no rooting, no doze apps, etc.
I'm actually referring to my pixel, not s7e. If you read it over again I said I threw my s7e in the drawer because of how bad the battery is managed on Samsung software.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I am convinced it all has to do with software and cell signal. Luck of the draw with what gets installed and how it behaves over time. My S7E started out great for 4 months and then started draining more and more over time. Just like every Android I have owned. It is long over due for a factory reset and start over but I have been waiting for Nougat to do that. It is always the Android System and kernel that sucks the most battery and no way to pin point it any further.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Haha... This is funny, and proves that each person has a different experience
Yeah pretty crazy. It's funny too because the s7 edge forum posts are one after the other of how bad the battery life is...Yet you go over to a pixel and iPhone forum and battery discussion is non existent. The only battery discussion is positive posts. Should tell ya something in the end. I have yet to have a Samsung phone that has stellar battery life.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Im not entirely sure what android os includes into its calculations. Is your phone sleeping? Did it start happening after nougat? There are allot of things that come into play whe trying to diagnose drain. It could be wifi or Apps like Facebook and messenger are know battery killers. Also, try wiping cache partition.

After Nougat I can't watch Twitch streams, sometimes can't watch YouTube, and my phone standby time is crap losing 20-30% in my pocket on strong wifi or cell signal in 3 hours. And for some reason yesterday my phone said Google Photos was my biggest battery drain even though I rarely ever use it. This is the worst update for this phone for me so far. And yes I factory reset it and wiped the cache. Idk what's happening to it.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
After Nougat I can't watch Twitch streams, sometimes can't watch YouTube, and my phone standby time is crap losing 20-30% in my pocket on strong wifi or cell signal in 3 hours. And for some reason yesterday my phone said Google Photos was my biggest battery drain even though I rarely ever use it. This is the worst update for this phone for me so far. And yes I factory reset it and wiped the cache. Idk what's happening to it.
Does google photos sync to backup photos? Try going into safemode and running with that for a day..that being said In safe mode you might not be able to use twitch but you can use YouTube and other stock apps. Try wiping your chache partition too. All else fails try doing a factory reset.

Edit: this is a loong shot but it could also be a damaged media file that google photos might be trying to read over and over. When a phone doesnt sleep its a pretty good indication that something is causing problems in the background.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
First it was the damn battery draining like 20-30%. Had to reset the phone. Then when I did that now notifications are not working on the bar, or the AOD. I'm not getting the notification sound either. Plus all of my email address are not working either. Both in the Samsung app and the Gmail app. Something about the server not working and can't sync up. This is bull crap now. Is there any way to go back to the old update Marshmallow? At least that worked. From what I can see 7.0 is broken and Samsung should never had released it till it was really ready. Looks like they just cut corners. And they had plenty of time for testing this update.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why Gsam now shows phone with a line through it? It was never like that before.

Attachments

• 4881.jpg
    4881.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 81

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
First it was the damn battery draining like 20-30%. Had to reset the phone. Then when I did that now notifications are not working on the bar, or the AOD. I'm not getting the notification sound either. Plus all of my email address are not working either. Both in the Samsung app and the Gmail app. Something about the server not working and can't sync up. This is bull crap now. Is there any way to go back to the old update Marshmallow? At least that worked. From what I can see 7.0 is broken and Samsung should never had released it till it was really ready. Looks like they just cut corners. And they had plenty of time for testing this update.
This isnt happening to me.... something could be wrong with your phone software wise.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset, I really didn't want to, but my battery life after the Nougat update was awful, after the reset, it's much much better!

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I did a factory reset, I really didn't want to, but my battery life after the Nougat update was awful, after the reset, it's much much better!
Thats unfortunate....allot of people found similar results after resetting app permissions/ factory reset. Glad to hear everything worked out for you!

Last edited:

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually referring to my pixel, not s7e. If you read it over again I said I threw my s7e in the drawer because of how bad the battery is managed on Samsung software.

Yes, I know. My response was meant to contrast your experience, since my S7E has outstanding battery life.

SgtPepper1969

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm still waiting 4 the nougat update on my S7E,my battery life on MM is very good,listening 2 these battery problems on Nougat I'm not sure I want 2 upgrade 2 nougat when it arrives?when I upgraded my g4 to MM my SOT went from 5 hours down to 2 hours,I don't wanna go thru that again..

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is also happening to me. Battery drain in terrible! Wiped cache and reset settings to no avail.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Apparently wiping the cache and resetting permissions didn't fix my problem. Still pathetic battery life. I've been sitting at home all day and I'm already down 56% from when I woke up around 10 a.m. to now 6:30 p.m.

Only 14% of my battery has been used by Knox today. Usually it's much higher.

9648146f5eabf4daf2c0a5545a20c334.jpg

2a52f4b69fbd4c574c4a23578950c620.jpg

a34381a87ff9081e26bad8813f526ee7.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance